⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

False "save corruption" during gameplay

Ramagast

I just confirmed that i'm able to play for as long as i want without any save corruption in new lands/maps. I played Falskaar for a arround 3 hours, saving, loading and doing everything i always do in the game, without any issue. But the second i've returned to the main Skyrim map, the corrupted saves appeared again.

All the mods are still there but in a new map there are no problems, and no play time "limit" before the corruption. So i guess something in Skyrim world, or in the way that some mod interact with Skyrim world, is triggering this after the usual 20/30 minutes of playing, but only there.

Edited by mtrjagamer

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been getting this exact bug for some time, and tried looking for solutions without success. I'll attach my load order at the end. I have quite a lot of the mods on the suspect list. Another possibly related symptom, also temporarily cured by saving, quitting and starting again, is that Lucia gets stuck in a loop, following me around repeating "mama! you're home!" I thought she was just being sarcastic at first.

I had theorised that it was due to a converted Oldrim mod--as you'll see I've ported some over myself for personal use, because I couldn't live without them--but couldn't pin down which one. I wish it had been SkyUI 2.2--losing it would have been a wrench, but at least it would have been a solution.

Anyway, thank you for this thread, and I hope my information adds usefully to the pool.

Lethiel

Well, if we'll add lethielnyrond's list as a filter, the list is cut substantially:

- Helgen Reborn
-VioLens SE
-notice board
-Dr_Bandolier
-Immersive Citizens - AI Overhaul
-Relationship Dialogue Overhaul

-Book Covers Skyrim
-Book Covers Skyrim - Lost Library
-Vivid WeathersSE
-RealisticWaterTwo
-Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch
-Alternate Start - Live Another Life
-Ars Metallica
-SMIM-SE-Merged-All
-Thunderchild - Epic Shout Package
-Apocalypse - Magic of Skyrim

-Populated Skyrim Legendary
-HearthfireMultiKid

And if madpaddy didn't add any new mods, here is the new cut:

- Dr_Bandolier
- Immersive Citizens - AI Overhaul

- Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch
- Alternate Start - Live Another Life
- Ars Metallica
- SMIM-SE-Merged-All

Well, I'll lose Immersive Citizens, see if it helps. Probably, Bandolier as well, just to be sure.

...but really, from 20 minutes to 16 hours? Wonder what kind of bug it is.

I have/had the same issue every 20 minutes these fake corruption and npcs lose dialogue.

I got rid of all mods that were still form 43 and i could play a hour without problems.

Lets see how long this lasts.

Here is the stuff i had that was still form 43

Old version plugin: AP Skyrim.esm
Old version plugin: Aetherius Magic 2.0.esp
Old version plugin: BosmerElderShadowArmor.esp
Old version plugin: DragonCarvedArmorSet.esp
Old version plugin: Enchanting Freedom.esp
Old version plugin: PrisonerRagsForFemales.esp
Old version plugin: LaFemmeLycana.esp
Old version plugin: LichKingMerge.esp
Old version plugin: MaskofBlades.esp
Old version plugin: MultipleEnchantments.esp
Old version plugin: GrandPaladinSE.esp
Old version plugin: Solsthdungeonpack.esp
Old version plugin: DetailedMineMarkers.esp
Old version plugin: Emma_Watson.esp
Old version plugin: Mekka Dwarf.esp
Old version plugin: No Edge Glow - Magic and Transformations.esp
Old version plugin: SuperbSerana.esp
Old version plugin: NS_Eilhart_Dress.esp
Old version plugin: Warglaive of Azzinoth.esp
Old version plugin: BloodWitchArmor.esp
Old version plugin: pickpocket100.esp
Old version plugin: ethereal_elven_overhaul.esp
Old version plugin: Book Covers Skyrim - Lost Library.esp
Old version plugin: Kidmer - Adoptable Elf Children 1_2.esp
Old version plugin: 3DNPC.esp
Old version plugin: CWneutral.esp
Old version plugin: Move it Dammit - Less Wait Time and Follow Me Closer.esp
Old version plugin: Freyja and Morrigan.esp
Old version plugin: AmazingFollowerTweaks.esp
Old version plugin: IMG-Christmas-2016 (1).esp
Old version plugin: OK_Followers.esp

Edit: And its back to corruption that didnt last long even without the form 43 mods.

Edited by Leagacy of Morrorwind

Yeah, removing Immersive Citizens and Bandolier didn't help either. Whatever it is, it affects different mod lists, different load orders.
I'm starting to think that the bug was triggered by the latest patch and affects a group of mods. And it affects... like, ten people? I don't get it.

For everyone who reports it here there'll be x more who don't bother, or who don't read these forums, or who just chalk it up to their machine not being up to snuff. I agree it's strange that it doesn't seem to be pinnable down to one mod. Is Alternate Start a common factor? I've certainly got it, but I don't know what effect deleting it in mid-playthrough would have. And I can't see how it would suddenly start causing this... I wish I knew more about how these things work.

Lethiel

I'm not using and never have used Alternate Start but I still got that bug -- which until today still persistently existed in my game although I've tried the mods elimination process. This wasn't the first time I encounter the bug, I've encountered it few times before but it used to only happen once in a while. But now somehow the bug has ALWAYS occurs in 20 minute-ish of gameplay!

I have tested a bit and could play 6 hours without the corruption appearing. Only downside is i got rid of like 90 mods.

i hope it stops now but that is still to see if it can start again at the 16 hour mark.

ive added the mod lists from before when it did the fake corruption and the now for the moment functioning.