⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

False "save corruption" during gameplay

Ramagast

I have tested a bit and could play 6 hours without the corruption appearing. Only downside is i got rid of like 90 mods.

i hope it stops now but that is still to see if it can start again at the 16 hour mark.

ive added the mod lists from before when it did the fake corruption and the now for the moment functioning.

I see you're using better vampires on your corrupted list, which version were you using in that list? 7.8 or 7.9?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to develop some crazy hypotheses and do dome blind swings. It can all be a total bull, but...

Hypo 1: we're all running same graphic or animation replacer which doesn't have an esp, but breaks things all the same. Wouldn't explain disappearance of bug in new landmasses though. But I had an animation replacer sneakingly installing some Script Dragon dll's and breaking things spectacularly in the past.

Hypo 2: our Skyrim incorrectly installed the last update back in November. Anyone with a recent re-install is free to shatter this one.

Hypo 3: we did another stupid thing in common and forgot about it. Edited our .ini, used and rebinded our gamepads, creatd a Bashed Patch with old Wrye Bash.

Hypo 4: it's a vanilla bug and the chance of getting it grows with number and/or complexity of mods. From 20 minuted to many hours or never.

Now, some blind swings regarding of what trigger may be:

1) Weather change! If mods change vanilla weathers each change has a chance of breaking the game. Since any new landmass should have it's own weathers, bug never happens there.

2) Character spawn! Each spawn has the chance to trigger the event. More characters - more triggers. New landmasses usually unaffected by spawn mods.

3) Creating a new save! Something breaks in save system and the game thinks they all were corrupted. By the way, I tried to re-save my old save with Skyrim Tools (even if there were nothing to clean) and the these new saves seemed to get the bug much less often.

4) Encountering item with old, incorrect data ported from Oldrim (in loot or on spawn). Not really likeable, as there should be no such items in mods re-saved with the new CK.

I have tested a bit and could play 6 hours without the corruption appearing. Only downside is i got rid of like 90 mods.

i hope it stops now but that is still to see if it can start again at the 16 hour mark.

ive added the mod lists from before when it did the fake corruption and the now for the moment functioning.

I see you're using better vampires on your corrupted list, which version were you using in that list? 7.8 or 7.9?

It was better vampires 7.6 that i had. But i dont think it is just a single mod who leads to this fake corruption.

Right now everything still works. i guess i have to add stuff again to see what mods caused this for me.

And i also installed skyrim new + all mods on a new harddrive and it was still happening.

Edited by Leagacy of Morrorwind

It was better vampires 7.6 that i had. But i dont think it is just a single mod who leads to this fake corruption.

Right now everything still works. i guess i have to add stuff again to see what mods caused this for me.

And i also installed skyrim new + all mods on a new harddrive and it was still happening.

Yeah thought so, I remembered I just updated better vampires from 7.8 to 7.9 sometime before the crazy bug occured, so I tried reverting back to 7.8 but still got the problem.

Something that may or may not be relevant...I've only just noticed it today, but then I haven't been looking. I've either crashed or had to quit because of the dialogue bug eight or nine times today, and every single time, the Steam app showed SSE as "Syncing" or with a percentage and download speed. I know correlation isn't causation, but can you tell me; do Steam games normally have to "Sync" eight or nine times a day? If not, then it seems likely that this is either the cause of the bug or another symptom of it. Either way, is there some way I can stop it? (Or is this something it does every time one plays and I just haven't noticed it before, in which case duh?)

Lethiel

It just synchronizes your saves with the cloud. It can be turned off in game properties, "Update" tab, lower section. I disabled it long ago. It is noticeable only because we have to restart the game so often.

Recently the intensity of the bug increased - maybe because I've added a couple of mods - Vilja, Aurlin, Equilibrium, Gray Cowl of Nocturnal. So I've reverted some of them and uninstalled Wet&Cold, Heljarchen Farm, Winstrad Mine, Quaxe's Questorium, Falskaar... and Populated Skyrim. Tried it with a new game - same result, high intensity. And no, it's not the weather change. No noticeable trigger at all. You can just stand in empty cell doing nothing and will happen. Still.

I added 19 mods but did stay away from the bigger ones like falskaar ,moonpath , beyond reach , maids 2 , quaxe´s questorium. Also i didnt activate the 5 building mods silverstead , blackthorne , the scarlett , windstad mine and heljarchen farm. Also i use vilja still as the only follower mod i also had sofia , recorder and inigo.

Game still works without corruption however now sometimes when i save the savefile only shows up under all saves and not under my character but i believe i had that happen in fallout 4 too sometimes for me.