False "save corruption" during gameplay

Ramagast

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll get that info and post it when I'm properly awake. I tried "cleaning" a save with ReSaver and it wouldn't open at all, so I'm not as keen on it as I was on the old Save Game Script Cleaner, but I can use it to get numbers.

It's funny. I thought a 64-bit Skyrim would run better than the original, but so far it's been quite the opposite. I had 250 mods running fine in Oldrim, player homes everywhere, a small army of followers, I got all the way through the main quest--I haven't made it to the Thalmor Embassy once yet in SSE. It looks nice, I'll grant that, but the engine seems to be very much of the lawnmower persuasion rather than the Rolls-Royce I had envisaged. I suppose it's still early days...

Lethiel

Well, what was stopping me getting to Ivarstead was (surprise surprise) Become Jarl of Ivarstead, which has worked fine on all my previous playthroughs (playsthrough?). I removed it, got to Ivarstead, reinstalled it, crashed. I don't understand why it worked before and won't now.

ReSaver thinks I have 205 active plugins. Here's the snapshot. My saves are normally in the region of 5-6000 kb. I can't remember where to find plugins.txt.

Deep sigh.

Lethiel

For me Oldrim was always incredibly bumpy. It looks terrible without ENB, have enormous amount of stutter and terrible loading times - mostly because scripts and graphics are fighting by the same small chunk of memory. SSE is the godsend in this regard - smooth and beautiful. With this one giant bug that makes it outright impossible to play. Oldrim was, after memory tweak and crash fixes, more stable.

I have a feeling that we are dealing with a spike in resources, Your save seems to have way bigger count of simultaneously active scripts that mine while mine was still healthy. It should be nothing, really, but, well - you disabled content affecting Ivarstead so you could make it to there. I say that more heavily modded cells have more potential to break - that's why everything fine at the new territories. They are affected by one mod only.

I'm using SkyBirds too and my latest save has 28 active scripts, most of them 'critterspawn' with some SkyBirds ones. It's probably not dangerous - we're in big open cells and there are a lot of birds and critters around. It's not exactly a bloat - these scripts will stop when we'll move into the interior and won't create a lot of unattached instances. The just put a bit of a strain on a Papyrus engine which can create a script lag.

I'm not a professional, but there should be something in common between our symptoms. I mean, it does look like a localization error, doesn't it? Dialogue, books, menus - they are all text. And saves probably cannot be read if they are in another language.