Got a hilarious bug

cossayos

I'm posting this here because I'm not actually looking for a solution. These last weeks some of my new settlers show up completely naked. They also got the animation to go with it. Hunched over and slightly shivering.

I'm not sure what caused it. Maybe better Settlers, maybe in combination with some other mod, I wouldn't know. It's not actually hurtful, only something peculiar to behold.

@cossayos

hehehe, thanks for sharing.

that reminds me of those FO4 "jonx0r draws" comics;

have you seen those?

"mugging, mugging never changes" hehe

even in the apocalypse, people are still taking things that don't belong to them...

or losing it all in bets...

or, "spot the institute-infiltrator synth' haha

on the flipside,

it might be to do with

the cell-reset type issue.

the settlers inventories are emptying or being cleared or something,

or perhaps other settlers have died and these ones replace them?

whatever causes that, it's a case of 'if it aint broke, dont fix it' -

that's too funny hehe.

maybe its part of the base game, or as you say, another mod hehe.

that's awesome though, random bostonians au naturel .

it'd be great to narrow it down, so as folks can download it too and try that.

"I always knew there was something odd about covenant... now, I know."

actually, if anywhere was going to be a nudist colony, it'd probably be Goodneighbor or Coastal Cottage.

or... the slog...

Is it anything like the thing in Nuka World where, when you kill all the Raiders, traders in the market suddenly become naked ? Apparently it was because the game removed their Shock Collars but also their clothes.

I shudder to think what Mama Murphy looks like naked so I would give Sanctuary a wide berth if I were you !

I've never noticed the shuddering and hunched over look... I'll keep an eye out for that next time.

In my current playthrough, I have noticed that some of my followers, when dismissed and sent to a settlement, randomly turn into card-carrying nudists. I'll head out on a mission and when I return, they're running around stark naked. Interestingly, it's only the female followers. Cait is the main offender - it's happened with her several times, particularly when I have her assigned to doing push-ups at the Northland Digger exercise station. It also happens with a couple of my mod followers, like Mara from TotC. I think it only happened with Piper once, and not at all with Curie. It's actually the sort of bug I quite like. :D

I've never noticed the shuddering and hunched over look... I'll keep an eye out for that next time.

In my current playthrough, I have noticed that some of my followers, when dismissed and sent to a settlement, randomly turn into card-carrying nudists. I'll head out on a mission and when I return, they're running around stark naked. Interestingly, it's only the female followers. Cait is the main offender - it's happened with her several times, particularly when I have her assigned to doing push-ups at the Northland Digger exercise station. It also happens with a couple of my mod followers, like Mara from TotC. I think it only happened with Piper once, and not at all with Curie. It's actually the sort of bug I quite like. :D

Are you sure you haven't Craftable Working Showers Sinks Baths Toilets Urinals installed? They're not properly potty trained and tend to stay starkers after taking a dump or a shower.

That's another thing to watch for. But in my case it's new settlers arriving and waving their junk.

Are you sure you haven't Craftable Working Showers Sinks Baths Toilets Urinals installed? They're not properly potty trained and tend to stay starkers after taking a dump or a shower.

That's another thing to watch for. But in my case it's new settlers arriving and waving their junk.

Ah, I do indeed have that mod installed. That makes sense now that you mention it. Cait's exercise station is located very close to a toilet, so that explains it - she takes a dump and forgets to put her clothes back on.

Ah, I do indeed have that mod installed. That makes sense now that you mention it. Cait's exercise station is located very close to a toilet, so that explains it - she takes a dump and forgets to put her clothes back on.

In some cases they even revert to their vanilla outfits. Even if you took that from them and destroyed it. It just spawns back. With settlers taking showers or using the toilets staying naked is the only option.

Ever since I installed a particular armor mod I'll get the occasional new settler arrive wearing only a hood from that mod and nothing else. The armor is added to vendors but I thought that was it.

It doesn't really bother me as all my settlers wear a uniform so as each new person arrives I switch out their gear anyway.

Edited by star-mystyk

I take a dump and forget to put my clothes back on all the time. happens to the best of us

In my game with either CWSS showers or BYOP showers the effect it has on women is that their breast area is kind of "smeared" when they put their kit back on. They never walk around naked, sadly.