Role Playing Pet Peeves

VincentIcarus

Well, on my Argonian bloodline characters (up to Zatone XVIII since playing Morrowind), I do a bit of this...when approaching jarls I always sneak and look down for a minute to kind of bow, and I always try to find a place to sleep at night. After a long or difficult quest, I always go to a bar and order the most expensive drink available while listening to the music. Besides that, I don't do a whole lot of RP...I might get more into that after the editor comes out.

Once my character realized the Thalmor are mortal enemies, she began killing and stripping those who crossed her path. She loves leaving them lying in the road, in that ugly default underwear.

Are you a serial killer in real lie brah?

I always tend to sit down at a inn and talk to some people while drinking some ale, i sleep the night aswell if im bored of adventuring in the dark!

@GoodfellowGoodspring: If I were, do you really think I would admit to it? But, no, I'm not.

Thanks for all the feedback guys. My room mate was the one that brought up the fact that I take this game a little too seriously, so I thought I'd check and see if anyone else played like I do. I guess all the really hardcore RP'ers are still glued to their game and can't come to the forums to respond. lol

so far there's sooo much stuff to do in skyrim I haven't noticed doing anything too strange, well unless you count chasing the Jarl's kid around the castle swinging at him with Wuuthrad!

to me this game seems a bit unbalanced, I mean I love everything you can do don't get me wrong, but it seems bit hard for me to get into the role of the dragon slaying, mead swilling, song singing, battleaxe to troll head chopping, sneaky witch-thief, dragon demi-god... (dragon age reference^^)

In a world where you can be anything and EVERYTHING I am left longing to just be something.

the game seems a little ADD at times. It's like I find myself battling a mighty dragon with my fearless companion Lydia, and my faithful hound Meeko when all of the sudden I GIANT gorilla comes running out of the woods and starts poka dancing and banging on a bongo drum, mesmerized I take my eyes of the dragon, only to be turned into a flaming dragon kabob; then the gorilla takes his head off and it's Ashton Kutcher in a monkey suit. he yells you just got punked! and starts and doing the monkey dance!

ok, I maybe I exaggerated just a little...

I usually play as a stealthy archer warrior hybrid, I like being a companion, thief, and bard. can anyone give me some advice on how I can immerse my self into that role without getting sidetracked?

@karaigamer: Something, that you could try that I used to do when I was in the Thieve's Guild. After I successfully steal from someone's house I leave a Dragon Skull (Tytanis mod or a Troll Skull pre-Tytanis mod) on the table in the kitchen/dining room or if you're a thief with a conscious reverse-pickpocket them and put a sum of gold in their pocket or give them a really expensive piece of jewelry or potion. Or you could always develop a routine. The easiest way to develop an in-game routine find out something that you do every day different from everyone else and do the in-game equivalent. Also, check out this thread. This guy seems to have a lot of ideas about how to immerse yourself into a role. Edited by VincentIcarus

I leave a Dragontongue (Flower, not actual tongue) near any dead beast races and I never loot them.

Besides that, I only loot weapons from dead bodies, no armors, potions, gold etc, I find that dishonorable.

I know, strange. But I do it anyway, for science!