• Bosmer (Wood Elf)
    • Breton
    • Dunmer (Dark Elf)
    • Imperial
    • Khajiit
    • Nord
    • Orsimer (Orc)
    • Redguard

I have two characters I have played since Morrowind a adventuring aristocrat Imperial who wears heavy armor and likes a good sword fight. He's relatively good but when confronted with the chance to gain some power he is happy to screw people over though he would never kill an innocent. I also have an a-moral dark elf who worships Azura and runs around doing whatever suits him killing, looting burning with magic he's a spell sword and descendant of a outlander Telvanni.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My main character is a female Breton and I also have a female Dunmer and a female Wood Elf out of the dungeon. I was kind of put off playing a Nord by all the pre-release "OMG I wanna play a Nord with a beard" clamour. I have a female Nord ready to roll, but she does not have a beard.

Breton. I'm a caster nerd whenever the magic system (or mods!) in a game allows it to be interesting. I hate snooty high elves, while Bretons' Celtic feel is awesome. Currently, Skyrim leaves me a bit unsatisfied in respect to magic. There are some nice magic mods but they don't fix the fact that magical power doesn't scale with skill points and thus (with the Elys Uncapper mod) infinitely.

Nords are nice for role playing value but plain ole' warriors bore the life out of me.

I'm currently playing through as a Khajiit jack-of-all-trades/rogue; a lot of Sneak, a good bit of: archery, one-handed, and alchemy, and a little: Illusion, pick-pocket, smithing, enchanting, light armor, open locks.

Edited by Karth Galin

My first character in any TES game is always a dark elf. Then I play whatever I like usually orc, khajiit, and sometimes breton. Never nord (I still think of them as lumbering oafs), imperial, argonian or high elf. Rarely wood elf.

Races are more cosmetic in Skyrim than any other TES game.

I can't understand why Bretons became shortasses. In Daggerfall they were described as a tall, fair skinned race (they are supposedly an amalgam of Nord and High Elf from way back aren't they?) I agree that they have a Celtic feel, which is why I like them. I say all power to tall redheaded Celts myself....

What I always feel is missing is an Akaviri/Asian type race. Akavir is out there and talked about, so why no Akaviris in game? Hope this gets modded in,as it did for Oblivion.

High Elf. Been playing one since Arena. The majestetic look and arrogant attitude fits my battlemage quite well. They also made me able to make a perfect powergaming character i Daggerfall

In Morrowind and Oblivion, I played Nord, then Bosmer. In Skyrim, since it fits the backstory for my character, for the first time ever, I'm playing Imperial. Next will be Nord or Altmer.