[WIPz] Skyrim Script Extender (SKSE64)

behippo

• Replies 885
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mid-march release for beta eh? I think you guys and the developers are kidding yourselves, I calculate maybe June at the earliest. I'm afraid its far bigger than even they anticipated, oh at to the developers of SKSE64, DO NOT make an announcement for release dates when you know you can't live up to them, do what CD Projekt Red does, say 'it will be ready, when its ready' no deadline, just be patient.

Mid-march release for beta eh? I think you guys and the developers are kidding yourselves, I calculate maybe June at the earliest. I'm afraid its far bigger than even they anticipated, oh at to the developers of SKSE64, DO NOT make an announcement for release dates when you know you can't live up to them, do what CD Projekt Red does, say 'it will be ready, when its ready' no deadline, just be patient.

Which is what is usually done by the script extender crew.

The mid-March comment was a hopeful prediction, made because people asked. It was not something meant to be taken as set in stone. So there's no need for people to get agitated and short fused (which I have seen in various places) over this.

Which is what is usually done by the script extender crew.

The mid-March comment was a hopeful prediction, made because people asked. It was not something meant to be taken as set in stone. So there's no need for people to get agitated and short fused (which I have seen in various places) over this.

I'm not going to say that they made a complete confirmation about it (since they didn't), but they estimated a mid-March release. I'm not going to laser-focus on that time period, but it was a somewhat solid frame of time, 2-3 months after that announcement was made. And it was likely that they were already working on it before, since the Special Editon came out in October; obviously they didn't use all their time developing it, but 5 months of dev time seemed like a fair enough development time. I'm not all that bothered by the mid-March timeframe seemingly being incorrect, but it doesn't seem farfetched for the general public to think that they would be pretty close by now. It wasn't solid, but it at least seemed long enough, considering they have extensive knowledge in this sort of thing, and it's their second attempt at a 64-bit script extender (F4SE, although that second attempt could also be reasoned that it's precisely why it could take a while: this is only their second go-around in this 64-bit iteration). I doubt anyone was really upset, more just disappointed that it's probably not coming as soon as we thought.

And are you sure that people were agitated and short-fused? Because if this thread is any indication, it was probably just incessant curiousity. I never bothered going on the reddit thread though, and I know by experience that Reddit has some salty users.

Edited by Guest

And are you sure that people were agitated and short-fused? Because if this thread is any indication, it was probably just incessant curiousity. I never bothered going on the reddit thread though, and I know by experience that Reddit has some salty users.

From the wording and phrasing used, yeah. Agitated is putting it mildly.

It's since been removed but there was a comment I spotted a couple of days back elsewhere demanding it be released as "it's probably been done for ages" and that the team are just being scumbags by holding it back. Topic had a few similar posts and a "DDOS silverlock until they tell us something" threat posted until one of the mods there canned the entire thread.

Obviously not how it is everywhere, most places are being better behaved about it (like here) - but there is the usual crowd of impatient noisemakers waiting in the wings and squawking now and then still.

From the wording and phrasing used, yeah. Agitated is putting it mildly.

It's since been removed but there was a comment I spotted a couple of days back elsewhere demanding it be released as "it's probably been done for ages" and that the team are just being scumbags by holding it back. Topic had a few similar posts and a "DDOS silverlock until they tell us something" threat posted until one of the mods there canned the entire thread.

Obviously not how it is everywhere, most places are being better behaved about it (like here) - but there is the usual crowd of impatient noisemakers waiting in the wings and squawking now and then still.

Yikes, now I get why people are a bit touchy about people asking about ETAs over here... :facepalm: