[WIPz] Skyrim Script Extender (SKSE64)

behippo

You do realize that when I said "minor points", I meant what I said in that post (the length of time of 3d printing and the motivations and attitudes of trolls), not the ETA about SKSE64, right? I was just making very minor corrections on Namelessnobody's post advising people to not be so impatient.

My apologies, UFB, I wasn't meaning to be critical of your corrections of minor points. I was just expressing the source of my general frustration, that I have to admit has been building since I was a game developer in the 90s (and in those days, it was the publishers that didn't understand development, estimates, and so on).

• Replies 885
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You do realize that when I said "minor points", I meant what I said in that post (the length of time of 3d printing and the motivations and attitudes of trolls), not the ETA about SKSE64, right? I was just making very minor corrections on Namelessnobody's post advising people to not be so impatient.

My apologies, UFB, I wasn't meaning to be critical of your corrections of minor points. I was just expressing the source of my general frustration, that I have to admit has been building since I was a game developer in the 90s (and in those days, it was the publishers that didn't understand development, estimates, and so on).

Ah, gotcha. No hard feelings.

Cheering for the dev team!

Here are a few reasons why the head honcho(s) on this project might consider putting out a regular status report (say, quarterly or monthly?) i.e. keep doing what you are doing and don't let the detractors sway you otherwise.

• Allows the project leader(s) to manage the form and content of communications and hence steer it more effectively
  • Manages everyone's expectations, supports cohesion - shuts down the fools who feel any kind of entitlement
  • Evolves and manages the project timelines and drives empathy - communicates current milestones, changing target dates, delaying or extending news, etc
  • Keeps admirers, supporters and interested parties more engaged: As engaged parties are more apt to lend a hand or add financial support

Of course its at the team's discretion. However, I believe a status report is a win-win for devs and those of us waiting with bated breath for the glorious results.

Edited by Tower01

@Atrican: +1 Agreed. Most people on this thread understand & agree with you I'm sure.

If I recall correctly, I believe the SKSE team stated they would be working closely to get out SkyUI, since the original author did not want to be at the forefront of putting that out. I for one would prefer to see SKSE released with that done. That said, can anyone correct me if I'm wrong. I can't find where I read that, but I think I'm right about that. Can anyone confirm this? Would be nice to get back on topic.

Yes, you are recalling correctly. Schlangster had added many of the SKSE functions needed to make SkyUI work but he does not have the time (or interest) to re-implement them for SKSE64. The SKSE team committed to fixing all of those as well as the other SKSE functions. Mardoxx was working on getting the other parts of SkyUI ready.

Just want to say cheers to the SKSE team for working so hard to produce such an integral part of Skyrim SE modding! As you can tell, so much of what we enjoy depends on your work!

Thanks for working on SKSE64 for all of us in the modding community! We owe you a round of beers (and a whole lot of money)!

Cheering for the dev team!

Here are a few reasons why the head honcho(s) on this project might consider putting out a regular status report (say, quarterly or monthly?) i.e. keep doing what you are doing and don't let the detractors sway you otherwise.

• Allows the project leader(s) to manage the form and content of communications and hence steer it more effectively
  • Manages everyone's expectations, supports cohesion - shuts down the fools who feel any kind of entitlement
  • Evolves and manages the project timelines and drives empathy - communicates current milestones, changing target dates, delaying or extending news, etc
  • Keeps admirers, supporters and interested parties more engaged: As engaged parties are more apt to lend a hand or add financial support

Of course its at the team's discretion. However, I believe a status report is a win-win for devs and those of us waiting with bated breath for the glorious results.

This is a great idea, but what do you mean by entitlement?

Hey there, I just wanted to bump this and see where things stand. I know you guys are hard at work on it, but I don't think I've seen any chatter for a few months.

Thanks so much everyone!

so beta mid-march.. how do you get to participate in the beta? or am i misunderstanding.. is it like a beta-test where only a few will get to use, or a just more of a beta-version? either way, super happy that it is coming along this quickly!

huge thanks to the team!

Mid-march we should have an open beta of SKSE64 available for anyone comfortable using beta software to try. Hopefully soon after we'll have an official non-beta release. There may be some closed alpha/beta tests before hand, but those will be done with a very small hand-picked group of modders to help with regression testing and ensuring the new versions of the functions work properly with their mods.