ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

[WIPz] Skyrim Script Extender (SKSE64)

behippo

This is why I asked the question. I wonder if most people who say that Skyrim SE is unplayable without SKSE have actually checked out what is already available. I really don't see the need to put off playing SSE any longer, to wait for SKSE. It doesn't seem to be an essential mod anymore, except for body physics. I doubt you will miss anything in SSE, except the boobs and butt physics.

The amazing stability and improved performance of the game makes Oldrim a no-go. Most major mods from Oldrim have been ported to SE, with or without SKSE. I think people should simply boot up Newrim and have fun playing it, and consider SKSE to be a "good to have" mod if and when it arrives, rather than a "must have" mod without which one cannot play skyrim.

Totally agree

• Replies 885
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is why I asked the question. I wonder if most people who say that Skyrim SE is unplayable without SKSE have actually checked out what is already available. I really don't see the need to put off playing SSE any longer, to wait for SKSE. It doesn't seem to be an essential mod anymore, except for body physics. I doubt you will miss anything in SSE, except the boobs and butt physics.

The amazing stability and improved performance of the game makes Oldrim a no-go. Most major mods from Oldrim have been ported to SE, with or without SKSE. I think people should simply boot up Newrim and have fun playing it, and consider SKSE to be a "good to have" mod if and when it arrives, rather than a "must have" mod without which one cannot play skyrim.

Totally agree

so true!

honestly the only reason i stopped playing se is because im waiting for expanded towns and cities, and dyndolod. skyui is good but not essential for me.

SkyUI is something else too many people see as an "all or nothing" thing, not everyone want it for the whole package, then again, not everyone say precisely what they want from it...

@ the "defenders", part of the problem is that silverlock said they will need SKSE64 to make a better F4SE, so that's two communities waiting for it, and many who are waiting for it/them are waiting for a specific reasons, physics/animations only possible (to implement?) with SKSE64/F4SE.

Totally agree

so true!

honestly the only reason i stopped playing se is because im waiting for expanded towns and cities, and dyndolod. skyui is good but not essential for me.

Just letting you know that the latest Dyndolod works on SE, as a beta.

Totally agree

so true!

yes!!!

thanks for letting me know.

Edited by elibugi12

Every one of them is already available in Skyrim SE, except jiggling boobies. Other mods that required an MCM have also found a way around the lack of the same, like Vivid weathers has a spellbook in-game to tune settings.

+1

For people who are impatient for SKSE because jiggly boobs - you might as well give up now because that's not what SKSE does. You are confusing SKSE with HDT Physics.

HDT Physics won't be coming to SSE, regardless of SKSE64. If you had SKSE64 yesterday, you still wouldn't have HDT Physics ever.

Totally agree

so true!

I've been following that as well. Sheson mentioned that the only thing missing because of SKSE64 was dynamic LODs like distant waterfalls. But he also mentioned he was working on a work-around based on the original concepts from Skyfalls/Skymills. We will have Dyndolod with or without.

@all ... All the above points are valid, and expectations are human nature. No it is not unreasonable to ask for if there is any news. It is unreasonable to demand it, and get upset over it, and lash out because personal desires are ungratified. I prefer to take a more positive approach and hope for the best. That doesn't mean I'm foolish enough to not understand this could hit a snag that could adds months without warning.

SSE is completely playable modded already I agree, (I have a couple of hundred hours in) but I can't help but wonder how tied to SKSE is the completion of CBBE64 and Bodyslide. Slider support, racemenu plugins, in-game menus ... The list goes on. I suppose if we had a work-around for HDT physics, a lot of the pressure would be off. I don't know, and admit that freely; I'm not that deep into the code. What I do know is it's more than just SkyUI and jiggle.

BeHippo and the team are doing us a huge favor, and they deserve our thanks and support. If it takes a bit longer than expected, so be it ... that's life. If the worst is realized and this all falls apart, they still deserve our thanks and support.

Thanks!

Skyrim SE is certainly worth playing as it is now, especially if you are running on Windows 10 which limits the memory available to a DX9 application. There are a lot of good mods available for it already. However, there are a lot of excellent mods for the old Skyrim that depend on scripting support. Anyone who has ever written a meaningful script can tell you how important SKSE64 is. I am not just talking about SkyUI and MCM interfaces. Things like hotkeys, crosshair events, mod events, not to mention a far richer API to manipulate the objects and environment of the game.

SKSE64 provides far more for scripting than I could possibly mention in one posting here. I have to wonder if the people who downplay its importance have ever written a script in their life.

SKSE64 provides far more for scripting than I could possibly mention in one posting here. I have to wonder if the people who downplay its importance have ever written a script in their life.

Probably not - most people who visit these forums are not script writers, but game players. And my question is from that perspective. Most mods available to the game player in Oldrim are no available in Newrim. If I was "downplaying the importance of SKSE", I was doing so as a game player, who can use most of the important mods in SSE - not as a script writer.

I thought that it was obvious from my post, that I was asking as a gamer - why a game player needs to wait for SKSE. Not why a script writer should wait for it. Your snark/speculation about whether I write scripts or not, is therefore rather moot.

Probably not - most people who visit these forums are not script writers, but game players. And my question is from that perspective. Most mods available to the game player in Oldrim are no available in Newrim. If I was "downplaying the importance of SKSE", I was doing so as a game player, who can use most of the important mods in SSE - not as a script writer.

I thought that it was obvious from my post, that I was asking as a gamer - why a game player needs to wait for SKSE. Not why a script writer should wait for it. Your snark/speculation about whether I write scripts or not, is therefore rather moot.

It was not intended to be snarky. I just wonder why anyone who isn't interested in scripting would spend time following or participating in a thread on SKSE64. Why bother? I just assumed that the people interested in this thread were those who enjoy getting their hands dirty writing scripts, or people who have a strong desire to see certain mods that depend on SKSE get ported to Skyrim SE. A bad assumption on my part, I guess. I don't see why you would spend time on a thread devoted to a subject that you consider to be unimportant to your gaming experience, or whose importance you do not clearly understand.