[WIPz] Skyrim Script Extender (SKSE64)

behippo

What makes the above comment dumb is the sheer ignorance of their responsibilities. No one is stopping you from playing anything other than your own expectations. When someone has also put in the time and work into doing this already and someone says "Just give it up and let someone else do it" Isn't a great way to inspire them to finish it any quicker. Tact, managing expectations call it whatever you will, but no one is stopping anyone else from doing this and stating recriminatory statements such as "Hand the work off to someone else that is invested more than you" screams 20 something 30 something. There are far better arguments above than mine to show someone that it is more than just a simple matter of "handing it off" to someone else. Badgering the team won't make this happen any quicker. I'm thankful I saved The Witcher Series and FO:NV. Those will keep me plenty busy until SKSE64 is released.

• Replies 885
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What makes the above comment dumb is the sheer ignorance of their responsibilities. No one is stopping you from playing anything other than your own expectations. When someone has also put in the time and work into doing this already and someone says "Just give it up and let someone else do it" Isn't a great way to inspire them to finish it any quicker. Tact, managing expectations call it whatever you will, but no one is stopping anyone else from doing this and stating recriminatory statements such as "Hand the work off to someone else that is invested more than you" screams 20 something 30 something. There are far better arguments above than mine to show someone that it is more than just a simple matter of "handing it off" to someone else. Badgering the team won't make this happen any quicker. I'm thankful I saved The Witcher Series and FO:NV. Those will keep me plenty busy until SKSE64 is released.

i dont think he meant it in a bad way but if they had more people, modders who have more spare time and are willing to help why not just let them i dont see the harm in it

i dont think he meant it in a bad way but if they had more people, modders who have more spare time and are willing to help why not just let them i dont see the harm in it

The Silverlock team (I know they don't call themselves that, I'm just using that title in lieu of "those SKSE guys") are a small group that knows each other and have (presumably) portioned up all the tasks necessary to update SKSE amongst themselves to do the project as efficiently as possible. They probably haven't asked for help mainly because it wouldn't actually speed up the process.

Now if they were working on a campaign/overhaul/new areas for Skyrim, they'd probably be putting out requests for coders and graphics artists to help in constructing assets.

The best thing all of us can contribute to them is time. Just give them time.

Oh, and thank them too.

THANKS GUYS! We all love you for your hard work on SKSE!

The Silverlock team (I know they don't call themselves that, I'm just using that title in lieu of "those SKSE guys") are a small group that knows each other and have (presumably) portioned up all the tasks necessary to update SKSE amongst themselves to do the project as efficiently as possible. They probably haven't asked for help mainly because it wouldn't actually speed up the process.

Now if they were working on a campaign/overhaul/new areas for Skyrim, they'd probably be putting out requests for coders and graphics artists to help in constructing assets.

The best thing all of us can contribute to them is time. Just give them time.

Oh, and thank them too.

THANKS GUYS! We all love you for your hard work on SKSE!

i agree i rlly dont care how long it takes them i estimated it would take them around a year to finish it its not like skyrim is the only game in existence and 2017 has had some good games to keeps us occupied

They need a PR person who can be like "Yup, they are still breathing. Don't worry friends!" every so often.

"BUT HAVE THEY FORGOTTEN US??"

"Nope, they're just having minor medical emergencies over the limitations of papyrus, fear not!"

"BUT WHAT ARE THEY DOING?!"

"No Idea, I'm only allowed to confirm signs of life!"

They need a PR person who can be like "Yup, they are still breathing. Don't worry friends!" every so often.

"BUT HAVE THEY FORGOTTEN US??"

"Nope, they're just having minor medical emergencies over the limitations of papyrus, fear not!"

"BUT WHAT ARE THEY DOING?!"

"No Idea, I'm only allowed to confirm signs of life!"

That is acceptable...If we knew like one every two weeks there will be a little update we(not me, not stress at all) wouldn't stress the skse team. It's a win/win situation.

The Fallout 4 trailer song is stuck in my head in such a "lol" way now, after that update from Ian.

The salty sea rose a few feet that day XD

Is there any way we can reach out and help the SKSE Team to share some burdens? I am thinking decent amounts of donations and such. I know money is not everything but it can certainly bring some measure of relief in the team's busy lives and give them some extra motivation knowing the Nexus Community and other like minded people are with them.

Sometimes its the little things that matter most and can make a real difference in peoples lives. I am someone who has benefited greatly over the years with the various iterations of the Script Extenders released by the team so I am all for making at least a fairly decent donation from my end. And I know there are many of you who feel the same.

At least let us show our appreciation this way. I don't know what else to offer! Please let me know what everyone thinks.

Is there any way we can reach out and help the SKSE Team to share some burdens? I am thinking decent amounts of donations and such. I know money is not everything but it can certainly bring some measure of relief in the team's busy lives and give them some extra motivation knowing the Nexus Community and other like minded people are with them.

Sometimes its the little things that matter most and can make a real difference in peoples lives. I am someone who has benefited greatly over the years with the various iterations of the Script Extenders released by the team so I am all for making at least a fairly decent donation from my end. And I know there are many of you who feel the same.

At least let us show our appreciation this way. I don't know what else to offer! Please let me know what everyone thinks.

Then simply ask them to start a Patreon. If you ask me, I think they should post a "Help Wanted" sign for someone with good experience if they are way to busy to get much done. I would offer help if it were within my abilities, but am more of a 3D modeler type of guy at the moment than a scripter.

As it stands... I have not been able to play SSE. I tried but without my FULL working SkyUI and Convenient Horses... it is just a no go. Can't. do it. I gotta have my hotkeys. Not being snarky... I understand all about RL playing hardball. It has been hitting me pretty hard here lately as well. I get it!!!  Still I don't see why or how allowing members who have the skill to assist could hurt. (that group sadly does not include me). Why not let others do some of the grunt work for you. The SKSE team would only need to supervise and of course have final approval. Just a thought. Still wishing the Team well. You all ARE appreciated!

Starting another injection project like SKSE would be a huge project. Setting up the injection, adding hooks to for many things such as scaleform, etc,. And the duanting take of decoding all the game classes. Even the decoding what I would need for moreHUD would take a long time. The SKSE team is doing a fantastic job,. We just need to be patient. I can completely understand having a full time job and family life makes it difficult to make progress. Especially we you are a software engineer some of them are and myself,. It's hard to do that job all day professionally,. And then Do the second SKSE job would be difficult to juggle.

Edited by ahzaab