[WIPz] Skyrim Script Extender (SKSE64)

behippo

Are these guys dead or something, last update was 31 Mar 2017 - 3:54 PM. hello anyone home

Maby they have real jobs and lives to live? Pay them, and maby they will focus entirely on getting a free software out ,to a complaining and toxic community. :smile:

We can't legally pay them, and they created an expectation of a March release so it's not unusual that people are disappointed. The complete radio silence on what's going on doesn't help either.

• Replies 885
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are these guys dead or something, last update was 31 Mar 2017 - 3:54 PM. hello anyone home

Maby they have real jobs and lives to live? Pay them, and maby they will focus entirely on getting a free software out ,to a complaining and toxic community. :smile:

We can't legally pay them, and they created an expectation of a March release so it's not unusual that people are disappointed. The complete radio silence on what's going on doesn't help either.

Except they did post an update apologizing for missing the March estimated date and saying there is no new estimation for now.

EDIT:

And you can technically give them money. Just has to be as a donation. No clue if any of them even set up a Paypal account for donations or anything.

Edited by EB64

Except they did post an update apologizing for missing the March estimated date and saying there is no new estimation for now.

EDIT:

And you can technically give them money. Just has to be as a donation. No clue if any of them even set up a Paypal account for donations or anything.

i'll glad donate but they have gone total silent. not one peep

EDIT:

They haven't set up a way to donate and it's not the same as paying directly.

Three weeks ago they tell us there's now no ETA, what's your point? We still don't know if they're actively working on it, and if we'll be waiting weeks or months.

I appreciate what they're doing and I'm willing to pay, but the lack of communication tells me they've probably lost interest more than anything.

Edited by xxt65xx

EDIT:

It's already been stated they won't accept payment, even as a donation.

Far as I know, none of the team work together outside of the SKSE team, so it may be a case of their actual jobs taking precedence and finding time to properly work on SKSE is difficult for everyone.

EDIT:

Far as I know, none of the team work together outside of the SKSE team, so it may be a case of their actual jobs taking precedence and finding time to properly work on SKSE is difficult for everyone.

Oh just screw it, lets just play Oldrim.

EDIT:

Heh!

Maybe players and modders alike can go back to other games now, there are plenty of mods to be made, updated, upgraded, fixed, tested, downloaded, played, endorsed, enjoyed, etc...

Sorry, this isn't intended to be an April Fools joke or something like that.

I don't really have any good news. A large amount of the core code (papyrus support, scaleform support, etc) is ready, but the layout of most of the game data classes still needs to be verified as unchanged from the 32-bit version.

I haven't had any time to work on this for the past few months due to work, and I assume the same is true for Stephen. Making time estimates for full-time professional engineering projects is very hard, and this is far from that.

Again, sorry for getting people's hopes up.

Any news about the process was a good news.

Thank you for this update. It might not be what we hoped, but it is what we needed. :)

+1 also to the silent majority.

Thanks for the update and the hard work put forth into SKSE64 up to this point. Rl does take precedence or is of more importance than hobbies. Take care of whatever is going on. I shall wait patiently until the day it comes out. I've already waited five years and probably more for mnb bannerlord to release. I'll just forget this project exists and go on about my life until the update comes out. I have plenty of games to occupy my time. ;)

Edited by PoisonTAWW

Some ideas:

1) Crowdfund sufficient funds to PAY a computer engineer to make SKSE64.

2) Write to Behesda for permission. Tell Bethesda that we would be just as happy if they did it, and released SKSE64 as a paid feature of Skyrim SE (say, an expansion pack costing US $20). If they are not interested, then secure their permission to raise funds via a site like gofundme.com

3) Approach the current SKSE64 team. Tell them we have Bethesda's permission, and we want to give them the sum raised via crowd funding IN EXCHANGE FOR FIRM DEADLINES AND REGULAR PROGRESS REPORTS. If they refuse, ask for their work product on SKSE64 to date.

4) If current SKSE64 team declines to proceed, find another computer engineer and pay them to complete the work.

Not being snotty in any way. If current SKSE64 can't do it, fine, thank them for their efforts and we'll find someone else.

For all we know, nothing is being done by the current team at present.