A baseball bat in Skyrim?

Werne

So today I extracted weapons from the Skyrim's .bsa archives since I decided to finally put my sword into Skyrim and I found a baseball bat o_O. In meshes/weapons/2handmelee/2handsword.nif there is a FO Baseball bat. Now I'll try to find the textures in the .bsa archive and get this thing into the game, maybe replace the giant's club :laugh:. Here's a pic if you don't believe me:

BaseballBat.jpg

I found a Chinese Officer Sword from FO as well. I wonder why Bethesda left that there if it's not used anywhere, weird. But at least they gave me more material to work with and make some fun stuff :dance:.

A lot of stuff is trasnfered from Fallout. This is mostly because they got lazy when they fixed up the engine.

I also hear the VATS is found inside the game, unused and what not. It does give us more tools to work with indeed.

I also hear the VATS is found inside the game

Yeah, I found it when I was playing around with SkyEdit, It has a lot of scripts and strings linked to VATS but it's not used in the game. Too bad, imagine Skyrim with VATS, killing bandits in slo-mo and the ability to choose where to hit them, with a cinematic kill-cam playing when you deal a killing blow :woot:.

Just searched the Skyrim's .bsa archive and it seems there are no textures for the bat. But it makes no difference to me, I'll just export the UV layout and make my own :).

I think it's there to help with the collision/damage calculations for 'melee' (i.e. bashing/blocking) attacks with the swords and such ... It would be cool though to have a large 'Dragon Bone" texture for that bat!

CAPTAIN CAVEMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://images.wikia.com/scoobydoo/images/4/4e/Captain_caveman.jpg

Just searched the Skyrim's .bsa archive and it seems there are no textures for the bat. But it makes no difference to me, I'll just export the UV layout and make my own :).

The texture points to here:

textures\weapons\2handmelee\BaseballBat.dds

The texture is not included with Skyrim but when I opened the NIF with NifSkope, I saw the texture. My NifSkope has texture paths to several Bethsoft games so it found it in New Vegas. Here is a pic of what it looks like:

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee11/Conan_Lon/Skyrim/SkyrimBaseballbat.png

I'm guessing it was an accident being left in the BSA rather than something that will be used for CK tutorials.