Mount and Skyrim

Nerdmurai

So I'll be mostly brief. I'd like to see Skyrim become kind of like mount and blade was once the creation kit gets released.

Bandits should raid towns and take over things, randomly spawn and such for that purpose.... maybe even start their own factions if their numbers are allowed to get large enough!

You should be able to officially join and work your way up factions (be able to gain privileges like making wages as a soldier, form war parties against enemies, take over enemy bases/towns for your faction etc), take them over from the inside or out through sheer force and numbers or tactics, or... start your own and conquer Skyrim in your name!

Diplomacy should be a factor. This is such a big topic that I'm not even going to go into details but you know what I'm talking about. Alliances, betrayal, bribery, assassination.

Mounted combat (I have a feeling this will happen anyway, but this is pretty low on my list at the moment... I'm looking more for the strategic element of skyrim)

Real armed forces. Add barracks to major towns (where do all these guards REALLY come from... lets make things realistic!), breed armies and train them, armor them with the money you make by investing it into your military, recruit wanderers on the streets and maybe you'll find a diamond in the rough! Have the ability to check your soldiers stats, and if you own the faction have the ability to promote them to lead your troops in battle for a morale (small stat boost) boost.

Economy! Tax your people, or don't. Invest in your town and maybe people will decide to move there from other areas, defect from the enemy, or even help you invade by sabotaging enemy gates so you can get in without losing more men while you try to break down their defenses. Upgrade your merchants inventories as you invest more money into your towns.

Siege battles! Let's keep this simple for now... siege weaponry can wait. Archers on the walls, gates that actually close that you have to destroy before you can get inside. Traps set by defenders like boiling oil at the gates, fire jets in the entrance hall, swinging tree logs etc.

Have the enemy actually attack you back, and actively try to take towns, towers, and outposts for their own rule! Gone are the days where you can slowly chip away at the enemy without even so much as a batting eye while you take their stuff. While you are attacking their towers, perhaps they have secretly been marching an army towards your home town, and they'll be there in a matter of hours!

And much much more... that was brief right?

Someone please make this mod, or something like it <3

Edited by Christhesilent

He didn't mean it would be mildy impossible without the CS, he meant it would be mildly impossible, period. Frankly mate a mod like that would be astonishingly awesome, i just don't think we're going to see anything that complicated until a few years down the road, if ever.

He didn't mean it would be mildy impossible without the CS, he meant it would be mildly impossible, period. Frankly mate a mod like that would be astonishingly awesome, i just don't think we're going to see anything that complicated until a few years down the road, if ever.

One step at a time. I wouldn't expect everything to be there on day one friend.

I'd be perfectly happy with any one of those features being modded separately ;)

Edited by Christhesilent

• 11 months later...
I think Skyrim is more fitted for the deeply realistic and immersive violence of the recent Chivalry: Medieval Warfare. I love Mount&Blade aswell, but come on, choping these limbs off in a outrageous shout with the smooth sound of blood droping all over the floor.. ahhh. Mount & Blade is addictive and realistic in its gameplay mechanics, Chivalry is addictive and realistic in its violence and its immersion into the action. Though the campaign aspects of Mount & Blade into Skyrim is a good idea indeed. Edited by SkoomaBoy