Mods Not Showing Up In Game

diligence

Hi All,

New Boy here. I am having trouble getting the mods I have installed with the OBMM program to show up at all. I have done the round and found out about the installation procedure. I create mod with OBMM then activate it in the Data File section of the oblivion loader and nothing. I have also run the Archive invalidation tool that comes with OBMM with all the boxes ticked. Still nothing. There are only two mods that work. The Jafa Staff and the Arch mages Armour. Out of some 15 mods tried. Are all the other mods broken? Oh yes I have also run the unofficial patch. Still nothing.

Can any body help or make a suggestion that is not to rude.

P

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=20516

Download BOSS and run it to auto-fix your load order. Sometimes, one mod conflicts with another and keeps it from working, load order is important. Mods may conflict with the official stuff too if in the wrong load order.

If that fails... uninstall and reinstall the game, download and reinstall the mods. That would be a last resort of nothing else works though.

My suggestion is cast aside OBMM. Follow the installation instructions in the readme files of the individual mods rather building everything into OMODs. So if you download a mod as an OMOD, use it as an OMOD. If you download a traditional mod packaged in the conventional format, install it manually, the old-school way, just like the instructions tell you to. Don't turn that sort of mod into an OMOD. Later on when you are really good at this, you can worry about turning non-OMODs into OMODs if that is something you think is fun.

If you are not getting the results you desire with activating mods in OBMM, you can do the same thing with the vanilla Oblivion start menu or with Wrye Bash, which has a lot of good features OBMM does not.

You might want to post a list of the 13 mods that do not work for you. That might give people a clue about what is going wrong. Be sure you have all the mods that your mods depend on installed and activated. Many mods depend on other mods. You will need to be sure that all the .esp .esm. and bsa. files your mods require are installed and the .esps and .esms have their boxes checked. You will need to be sure that all the meshes, textures, sounds, and other files like that are installed, and installed in exactly the right place.

There is the possibility that some of your mods really are broken and don't work for anybody, but that possibility should only be considered after you have done a more thorough investigation. With bad mods like that, usually there are no endorsements, and a ton of negative comments at the download point.

If you only have 15 mods, you are not likely to be having archive invalidation problems yet. Installing the unofficial patch is not likely to have any effect on making mods work.

Just on the off chance... did you also install the "official" patches? Is your game at version 1.2.0416 now? (You can read this up from the bottom of the title menu screen.)

I'm only mentioning this, because an unpatched game (pre-1.2) simply "silently ignores" any plugins created in a 1.2 CS (nowadays almost all). There will be no warnings and no errors, the plugins will just not have an effect, as if they weren't there.

Oh and don't use the game's Data Files dialog. It doesn't even support managing your load order, and you using OBMM already anyways this thing is now pretty useless for you. You can tick and untick plugins in the list on the left side in OBMM as well, and there you can even "move" them up or down to arrange them into a working load order. Wrye Bash supports the same, and I'd be very surprised, if the NMM won't do it as well. Once you use a mod manager tool, just forget about the weird Data Files thing of the launcher.

Hi, Thanks for the response and help. Here is a list of moods tried.

AK47GR23,

Black Sward,

Dragon Bow,

Oblivion Explosives V15,

Multiples V12,

Tulane pistol,

Roan Swards V1.1,

Power Armour mod,

Warrior Of Chaos Armour,

I see what you meen when you say mods might need other mods to function but when I read the read me on thease mods it did not mention anything.

I have checked the path for the esps all are C:\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\Data. Which seem about right to me.

As for the esms the only two I can find are Oblivion.esm and Oblivion both in the data folder. The oblivion.esm is in the data\voices file.

I will have a look in to Wryer Bash and Boss see if they will help. But if I am going to steer away from obmm maybe I should steer away from other type programs. Old school is old school after all.

Hope this will help

Peter

Hi Dragon,

V1.0.228 is the version. I tried running the patch you spoke of and it said found old file or something similar. I will try to crowbar the updated patch in there. Would I needed top have done it before installing mods.

Oh by the way I ment mods not moods.

Peter

The disk versions of the game require a patch that is specific to the game version you are using (i.e. the right language and also whether or not you are using the Shivering Isles expansion). Apply only the appropriate patch. Here's a link to the Bethesda patch page: http://www.bethsoft.com/eng/patches.php

Hi all,

Yes the version I was running was V1.0.228. Now updated it via Steam to the right version and it all works fine exept for the steam install. Is it just me or does it take forever to load.

Mods all work fine.

Anyway I told you I was new to it all.

Thanks for all the help.

• 2 years later...

ok i used BOSS i ran the game i even installed boss using the installer i loaded up my save file since i have my Zelda OOT equipment

fast travled into the temple of one and suprise suprise not there then i exited the game went to BOSS clicked Run BOSS

and it says i have 9 errors from the 9 mods i had including minecraft portal (i cant remeber the name) Minecraft creeper mask

Creeper Head Ulitmate Zelda mod Ultimate Zelda mod 23117 Legend of Zelda Equipment FastTravel From Anywhere and its all errors

just because i loaded up my save file just god help me for the love of god