[WIP] Belua Sanguinare Revisited

Jakisthe

Well there should not be too much blood, especially while feeding. I mean, you are not going to rend your target but you drink from him and don't want to waste any blood.

But well, spells that only damage the opponent via something bloody... well, they should look bloody.

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well there should not be too much blood, especially while feeding. I mean, you are not going to rend your target but you drink from him and don't want to waste any blood.

But well, spells that only damage the opponent via something bloody... well, they should look bloody.

Thanks for the feedback Leeira, that makes sense to me too. Is the current feed (when sleeping) too bloody to you or is it ok?

-MM

Edited by MofoMojo

Yes, I would say it's too much. A vampire drinking from a sleeping beeing has no haste and wouldn't want to waste any blood. Only combat feeding should be some kind of bloody (what is only my opinion of course). <- Only talking about the three feeding mechanics, not about vampire-skills.

Yes, I would say it's too much. A vampire drinking from a sleeping beeing has no haste and wouldn't want to waste any blood. Only combat feeding should be some kind of bloody (what is only my opinion of course). <- Only talking about the three feeding mechanics, not about vampire-skills.

Thanks Leeira, I'm undecided myself. I might consider removing it, or leaving it in only if you kill your victim. I am curious what other's think on this.

-MM

I came here originally to ask the official way to increase my vampirism rank. Now however, I think i understand why it hasn't happened after my 30th victim, I just do not sleep...ever. Also I'm one of those with many active mods that may conflict with sneak feeding and combat feeding, as I can do neither. No big deal though, I don't mind the challenge of finding dinner, there are many inns across skyrim >:)

I have one suggestion for alternate feeding, a semi long range spell that rends blood from your target after you've attacked them, or maybe from stealth mode? Think Legacy of Kain.

I am curious what other's think on this.

How about depending on the hunger level?

A famished, ravenous or starving vampire wouldn't care about spilled blood. A just hungry one would care about it.

Ravenmast0r, Welcome to the thread! Good idea, and goes along with kind of where my thoughts are headed on this.

I have one suggestion for alternate feeding, a semi long range spell that rends blood from your target after you've attacked them, or maybe from stealth mode? Think Legacy of Kain.

Stanleemojo, You're the second to mention the feeding from a distance, but first to suggest having it help with hunger. I'm a little hesitant on the idea (and not the only one to convince) but primarily because we want the experience to be a bit more purposeful, and I think the restoring satiation via a spell, even in combat, might be a little too easy. We do, however, already have a Blood Rend spell it just doesn't do apply to satiation. Now there are different approaches we could take, for instance Hearts restore some satiation without counting towards your goals... we could do the same in very small quantities with Blood Rend or Drain Life but I suspect you're looking for something to apply to the satiation goals.

As for the mod conflict....I'm hoping some adventurous soul out there will disable most of their mods and see if it's definitely a conflict, and even more adventurous, might try to narrow the mod down so we at least know which one it is. I imagine it's a conflict with Activation Override perks. I'm going to go through a list of mods that were given to me and see if I can determine it, but we've got a lot of things going right now so not sure how long that will take. I probably just need to re-prioritize. I might be able to boost the priority of the perk to see if that works if someone want's to try a private build.

-MM

Edited by MofoMojo

About the sneak-feeding bug/conflict: When you start the game, you immediately get the belua sanguinare blood. This seemed odd because from the documentation I thought you get it on becoming a regular vampire.

So I did a test. Turns out the belua sanguinare-vampirism only works when you become a regular vampire and drink the blood after the vanilla turning.

If you drink it without being a vampire first, you aren't able to sneak-feed, hunger doesn't update and sun does no damage.

I suggest you only put the bottle into the players inventory after they are a vanilla vampire.

Also, a question. Do you intend to put actual content in the game? Like hideouts and coffins? Because I created a little mod for that, even have working coffin-beds that I could provide.

I drank the belua blood as a non-vampire and was able to sneak-feed and combat-feed and hunger updates.

Sun damage is listed in the active effects list but it seems to do no damage (as a lvl 1 vampire, I did not test higher stages yet).