[WIP] Belua Sanguinare Revisited

Jakisthe

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About the sneak-feeding bug/conflict: When you start the game, you immediately get the belua sanguinare blood. This seemed odd because from the documentation I thought you get it on becoming a regular vampire.

So I did a test. Turns out the belua sanguinare-vampirism only works when you become a regular vampire and drink the blood after the vanilla turning.

If you drink it without being a vampire first, you aren't able to sneak-feed, hunger doesn't update and sun does no damage.

I suggest you only put the bottle into the players inventory after they are a vanilla vampire.

Also, a question. Do you intend to put actual content in the game? Like hideouts and coffins? Because I created a little mod for that, even have working coffin-beds that I could provide.

Awesome discovery Ravenmast0r. Originally we had not intended to give the blood until you were a vampire, but then I left it in there thinking, might as well give people an easy way to become one but I guess we missed this in testing, using vampirism infected characters only. I can get a fix for that out tonight I think.... I could have sworn this was tested... but the perks do require that the player character have the Vampire keyword.

Edit: Hmmm....You guys aren't by chance under the affects of Forma Mortalis are you? That's a race switch which would remove the keyword. I can switch this up to use a better value than the keyword.

-MM

Edit: Check out update 1.1 and see if this resolves the feed problems folks.

Edited by MofoMojo

I like ravenmast0r's idea too.

If you are onto perks... will there be a way to make the perk changes compatible to ACE - Comprehensive Enhancements? It's a really big mod which adds many very nice things (several of them through perktree changes).

Leeira, We're not doing anything with Perk trees and I'm hoping that changing this requirement condition on those two perks will work. Incidentally, the sleeping feed command uses a different set of conditionals against the player which at the moment, I don't recall if I had a good reason to do. I think it was just an oversight. I will get an update out tonight that addresses that, and cleans up the feeding unless you're in combat, or famished/ravenous/starved.

-MM

Edit: Potential update fix out. Please test 1.1.

Edited by MofoMojo

@ravenmast0r !!coffins, AWESOME, really I wanna see it : D what do u guys think about this??

I'd really like Blood Rend, for instance, to be really bloody and messy looking rather than just the absorption streams from each of the targets. Actually, I'd like there to be a LOT more blood via the spells and battle feeding than we have right now. Not sure how others feel about that.

-MM

in my opinion about blood rend with bloody effect. at first, I wanna make sure that I'm really on the same page with u guys on this spell propose.[correct me if im wrong.]

If the battle's really easy Vampires just bring enemy down with no scratch and drink thier blood easily, what if the battle's not easy like that!?[strong and outnumbered enemies]

It's Time to use bloodrend spell!! *____,* It's not like drain lifeforce right?? because it's bloodrend

that means vampires need to draw some blood from targets to make him survive in really dangerous situation,right??

It's not for feeding but healing his wound, preventing him from True death. I think in deadly situation he's no choice to reserve his enemy blood for feed. [waste blood or not who want that true death, right??]

so in my opinion blood rend spell with bloody effect's reasonable, If it has no any conflict with the lore.

[drain lifefore with vanilla effect's reasonable for me]

uh guys I almost forgot, I've one question, Why sire vampires cant turn to mist form in combat??

I mean if they're going to be attacked by weapon, why he cant just turn to mist to avoid damaged,Right??

because I cant play it right now[TT___TT that's sad!!],I've no idea about gameplay experience of the mod.

all I can do just reading mod's description and comment,so i'm sorry if i misunderstand about spell propose or anything.

ps.the new headline looks great dude!!

Edited by Asuke01

Going to try that update, wasn't able to achieve sneak or combat feeding even after getting vanilla vampirism, then taking the potion. 5/5 attempts failed so here goes...

Try setting your sneaking and pocketpicking skill to 100 via the console and try it again. I was able to sneak feed in the 1.0 version although I was not a vampire before becoming a belua vampire. But as a low level vampire with sneaking and pocketpicking low it is very unlikely to be succesful (which is intended by the mod).

Going to try that update, wasn't able to achieve sneak or combat feeding even after getting vanilla vampirism, then taking the potion. 5/5 attempts failed so here goes...

Definitely try the update out, it did resolve the issue for one of our uses experiencing the problem.

It's Time to use bloodrend spell!! *____,* It's not like drain lifeforce right?? because it's bloodrend

that means vampires need to draw some blood from targets to make him survive in really dangerous situation,right??

It's not for feeding but healing his wound, preventing him from True death. I think in deadly situation he's no choice to reserve his enemy blood for feed. [waste blood or not who want that true death, right??]

so in my opinion blood rend spell with bloody effect's reasonable, If it has no any conflict with the lore.

[drain lifefore with vanilla effect's reasonable for me]

Asuke01, That's a pretty good description. Blood Rend is VERY powerful. It can drain multiple enemies at once, each enemy your drain is healing you so the more enemies around you as you near death, the quicker it is to heal up. For that purpose we made the ability require two hands to even use, as it just seemed over powered if you could also use a weapon at the same time. Magicka consumption is higher for each additional enemy as well. So yes, it's intention is to both heal you and damage enemies, not really to satiate you. I am not convinced we need another way to satiate the vampire (especially now that the combat/sneak feeds should be fixed)

uh guys I almost forgot, I've one question, Why sire vampires cant turn to mist form in combat??

I mean if they're going to be attacked by weapon, why he cant just turn to mist to avoid damaged,Right??

This was done to limit your options for running away from a fight. You can already use your incredible speed, assuming you have the stamina, or Ianuae Magicae to teleport away from the fight.

-MM

Edited by MofoMojo