[WIP] Belua Sanguinare Revisited

Jakisthe

Hey guys, just wanted to drop in and say thanks again for the amazing vampire mod! After playing dawnguard on 360 I thought it was kinda sad that ur mod completely blows away bethesdas "vampire mod" the only thing I really liked about the vampire lord form is the form itself:/ and I can't wait for it to come to pc to see what u guys do with that and the perk tree:D but don't get me wrong I love Bethesda and the dlc, but when it comes down to playing dawnguard on 360 or playing BSR on pc its not much of a choice;)

I am currently watching some video play throughs of DG and I'm really impressed with what they've done, but even more stoked about what type of things they've given to us. Standing Vampire animations in regular Vampire Form, the Bat's animation when teleporting, some new NPC creature types (I like those hounds in the castle), the more sunken and sullen vampire look (hopefully customizable) and more. I can't wait to literally sink my teeth into it.

Thank you very much for the kind words. I hope together with DG and BSR we can make it even more of an enjoyable experience being a vampire in Skyrim.

-MM

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@MofoMojo

As I have said before DG offers interesting opportunities in terms of implementing a realistic flight system for humanoid. We just need few additional animations like gliding or falling. Once it comes out I will gladly study the subject. Perhaps we could cooperate. I would like to do something similar to Dragorian and Dranaugh Races Reworked for Oblivion.

Cherubaddon - Removing the item via console didn't work? Were you unable to remove it or it just didn't fix the problem? Want to send me a save game? I will check into it.

Well, I'm not sure, considering it's disappearing and reappearing several times per second. To be entirely frank, since I'm hardly comfortable using the console, I'm not ruling out an error on my part. Would gladly send you a savegame, but unless I missed something, I seem unable to attach it to a private message. If you'll PM me your email, I'll send it to you.

That's odd, as the vampire perk tree doesn't exist in any way whatsoever in BSR, and won't until at least the release of Dawnguard...

Weird, must have had another mod then.

I believe the 'Vampire Overhaul Mod' is what has the perks - BSR blows it out of the water though. (Not trying to compare)

@Gulogulo

This is INSANELY true. I'm stoked about the potential that DG is presenting for my mod even though it has nothing to do with vampires. Things such as bipedal levitation, breaking ice, breaking walls, new perk tree, [possibly] new skills/actor values/skill hardcode circumvention, oblivion template, [possible] new underwater mechanics... The list goes on.

I believe the 'Vampire Overhaul Mod' is what has the perks - BSR blows it out of the water though. (Not trying to compare)

Hey Buds42! Yeah, you are correct Vampire Overhaul substituted the lockpicking tree for a Vampire Perk tree by combining it with Sneak. There's a new perktree available to us right now through the VampirePerks ActorValue released in 1.6.89 Skyrim/CK. I haven't actually tried hooking it up. It's got 5 blank perk slots in it.

-MM

Hey Buds42! Yeah, you are correct Vampire Overhaul substituted the lockpicking tree for a Vampire Perk tree by combining it with Sneak. There's a new perktree available to us right now through the VampirePerks ActorValue released in 1.6.89 Skyrim/CK. I haven't actually tried hooking it up. It's got 5 blank perk slots in it.

-MM

:woot: When I saw this I rushed to the CK to check it out... It's an Actor Value with a perk tree attached. See that it was an AV instead of a skill, I just had to dig deeper and LO AND BEHOLD it could be duplicated without crashing the CK!!!!!!!!! :dance: Again I had to dig deeper still and I was able to edit the duplicated AV's perk tree and the original perk tree wasn't changed. So if it all works out, we now have unlimited perk trees! :thumbsup:

But before I get ahead of myself here, we'll need a script to access the new perk tree as the duplicated one won't have a derived attribute to work from.

Edited by Budz42

As some users have been asking how I plan on going about modeling the spread of vampirism for when we DO get to siring:

http://mysite.science.uottawa.ca/rsmith43/Zombies.pdf - Academic study and mathematical modeling paper about spread of zombies in their event.

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=18571 - Game design article about the effect of a plaque as spread in a game world.

http://fisica.cab.cnea.gov.ar/estadistica/abramson/notes/Epidemics-Lectures-PANDA.pdf - CDC modeling about spread of disease.

Now all of my exam are over, so I think I have time to read these file. look interesting!> ,< b

Hello!

Just letting you know that I am Vince20100's sister! :)

I'm really thrilled about the armor modeling! I'll start the sketches as soon as I get more information (if there are changes to be made from the original design, that is).

See ya! :) Keep up the good work!

This mod is fantastic

I had planned a vampire and werewolf overhaul for Oblivion, but I do not have the needed Skills.

Maybe you like some of my ideas.

Vampire:

Vampires get an addiction when they drunk (e.g. 5 times blood in the same night).

When they are in the bloodlust the boni are stronger and the mali are weaker.

But after the inebriation they need more blood. Until then the boni are weaker and the mali are stronger.

The more often they get a Bloodlust, the shorter are the prositive effects and the stronger and longer are the negative effects.

They need more blood for a bigger addiction to get longer prositive effects.

Maybe when you don't drink blood after a bloodlust you get the mali of the next stage and the prositive from the previos stage.

If you drink a long time to blood, everyone detect you as a vampire, no matter which stage

(if you insert this I think I would make the mali weaker, because after a bloodlust the vampire get negative aftereffects)

-----

Maybe you could a human heart to every person? or at least in the leveled list. I think in vanilla a human heart s very rare, doesn't it?

-----

Another idea, when you have the vampire disease you get only a vampire when you die... because vampires are undead^^ :D

-----

There could be a legend of a vampire, who could walk in the sun. You get a quest to find this vampire and in the end you get a ring (?) which allows you to go into the sun

(Still no regeneration but you don't burn^^)

-> If you need some quest ideas, ask me :D

-------------------

Werewolves:

(at first I was never a werwolf in skyrim :( ... (I do one the next time :D )

I don't know the werewolf abilities in Skyrim. :P

There are wild werewolves while fullmoon.

(maybe the fullmoon time from is two day bevor fullmoon up tp two days after fullmoon)

If you are bitten by a werewolf you get the werewolf disease.

From the next fullmoon you get deams from a creature.

You see all in ego perspective of the creature

-you hunt an animal and savage it.

-you ambuscade in bushes and watch for human

-you hunt a human, shorly bevor you catch the humen the dream ends

-you walk in the night and howl to the moon

After the dreams you wake up in the vicinity.

You hear from the peaple that a scary creature kills animals and humans

Then you know - I am the creature

-----

Every fullmoon night you transform into the werewolf (now you can act^^)

But when you feed, you get a black out (why, see below) and wake up in the vicinity

-----

You have to lean to control the creature.

The more you can control the creature, the more power you have.

You can transform when you want

You can feed more and more without getting a black out

You get skills

-Howl - your enemys get afrait (1. little animals 2. animals 3. creatures & "low level" humen 4. all human 5. undead !!!Never Vampires!!! ;) )

-Rage - you get out of control (big health, stamina boost + better regeneration; better attacks, faster, but no defense weaker for elements, magic and weapons; after the rage you lost all stanina and half from health

-walk on walls and ceiling (you have claws^^)

-call for ther werewolves (a werewolve or some wolves come to help you)

-wolves don't attack you in human form; in creature form the will fight for you

-----

While at fullmoon you get big boni and less (or no?) mali.

While at new moon you get very big mali

-----

feeding gives you health and stamina

----

The werewolf walk and go on two legs and run with four legs

or maybe walk with four legs too

----

You can only transform while its dark and you atomaticly transform back wehn it gets day.

You can be transformed the whole night, the only limit is the sun.

----

Black out:

You can get a frenzy if you feed to much.

The more you can control youself, the later you get a fenzy and get a black out.

If you can control you kompletly, you do not get a black out, but still the frenzy, where you get big boni (maybe something like the bloodlust from the vampires??)

--------------

I had also the idea of a hybrid like in Unterworld :D

---------------------

---------------------

Thats are my ideas.

I hope you can do something with them

greet Spook

Edited by Spook2U

As most anyone who cares enough about vampires to follow this thread knows, DG will be introducing perks. Not any old perks, boring ones! Ones only applicable to vampire lord form! Stat boosts and a few one dimensional spells! Sounds pretttty bland, I say. BSR will be replacing this perk tree with one a little more...hearty. More specifically, behold!

http://i.imgur.com/og1n8.png

Boy oh boy do I suck at paint without a mouse. And with it, but that's neither here nor there. What IS here is the following:

-You gain a "point" (like one handed or smithing) for every (50+5P)% blood damage you soak up. P=your current pointage.

-You gain a "perk dot thing" (you know what I mean >_<) every 10+5(E) kills you make, where E is the # of perks you've unlocked in the tree.

And of course, the perks themselves. They correspond to that abomination of a picture up there, and the numbers following each one is the necessary pointage you need to access it.

1. Lust for Power: Upon reaching starving, you have 10/15/20/25/30 seconds to satiate yourself, or you’ll turn into the vampire lord for 5/4/3/2/1 minutes. 0/20/40/60/80

2. Vitiate: Regression is now automatic should you meet the requirements. (30)

3. Transcendence: Vampire perk points can now be used as normal perk points. (30)

4. Umbral: Draining light from the area now restores 50% as much magica as it did before, in exchange for +20/30 to destruction, and sneak for 2 minutes. (70/90)

5. Bound in Blood: Casting Blood Rend now soul traps the first enemy it makes contact with, placing it in the correct sized gem. (65)

6. Symbiosis: Drain Life now also drain [whichever is highest between your magica or stamina], but requires [whichever is lowest between your magica or stamina] to maintain. Equal levels mean it acts as though there is no perk. Second level drains +1 per second of (random trait), lasting [(V*D)/2]x minutes, where V=vampire level and D=the duration of the drain in seconds. (15/40)

7. Congeal: Hearts are now harvestable for 1.5/2x as long. (30/60)

8. Addictive: Racials drained last for 1.5x as long, but cannot be overridden until they run out. (50)

9. Abstain: Your “Attack on Sight” levels are now lowered by 10/20 rank. (70/90)

10. Crepuscular: While under the effects of Darken, (night hours are now an hour longer at dawn/dusk each and animation triggering kill attacks at night refills half your health). (65)

11. Overkill: Killing via feeds now grants an extra temporary +[(100-Satiation)-(npc%)] health shield to your current maximum. Satiation is…well, satiation, and npc% is the percentage of health they had before the fatal feed. So if you have 80 satiation, and your target had 10% before you drained it all at once and killed them, you’d get an extra (100-80)-(10)=10 health added to your maximum until it’s knocked off by an attack. Second rank grants twice as large a shield. (15/40)

12. Familarity: Raising a thrall is now twice as likely (contingent on thrall success rates being added >_<) (30)

13. Bloodletting: Being hit with poison now subtracts 5 satiation from your current, but your weapon has that poison applied for the next 15 attacks. (50)

14. Corpse Curse: The exact same power from DG, usable only while a lord. (55)

15. Summon Gargoyle: The exact same power from DG, usable only while a lord. (25)

16. Vampiric Grip: The exact same power from DG, usable only while a lord. (25)

17. Mist Form: The exact same power from DG, usable only while a lord. (55)

So there you have it! Told you guys I actually did stuff :P. One last word of warning though:

NONE OF THIS IS FINALIZED IN THE SLIGHTEST AND INCREDIBLY OPEN TO CHANGE AS PER THE DIFFICULTY OF IMPLEMENTATION.

Edited by Jakisthe