Undisable npcs (00115dfc)

marob307

Hello communauty,

Currently, I have a problem with an undisable dead npc. ( Palace Guard)

He is scripted to dead by OOO and replaced by a female guard.

But the problem it is corpse remain in the palace i try to fix that by console command ingame.

it didn't be killed out of the map as other guards because he is edited by arthmoor's alternate beginning.

Result, his body remain indefinitely ion the game and it kill immersion.

He is not flagued quest npc.

I really don't know why cannot diable him.

Edited by marob307

What happens if you bring up the console, click on the dead NPC and disable him? Make a note of the referenceID shown for this NPC.

If that doesn't work, and offhand I can't imagine why it wouldn't, another option is to open up your console, click on the NPC and enter "resurrect 1" (without the quotes), followed by "evp" to reset his AI package. It won't get rid of him but at least he should stand up.

Edited by TheMastersSon

If a reference has an enable parent assigned to it, then that reference apparently cannot be disabled with console commands, as the enable state of it would be tied to the enable parent. At least I remember having issues with references when they had enable parent defined. If the guard has an enable parent, then it might make disabling that actor more tricky.

Edited by Contrathetix

What happens if you bring up the console, click on the dead NPC and disable him? Make a note of the referenceID shown for this NPC.

If that doesn't work, and offhand I can't imagine why it wouldn't, another option is to open up your console, click on the NPC and enter "resurrect 1" (without the quotes), followed by "evp" to reset his AI package. It won't get rid of him but at least he should stand up.

Yes I see the id, i can resurrect him., but he will dead. again. the command disable didn't work that is.

EVP don't work guard deat again.

Edited by marob307

Just checked and right you are. The parent is MQ16PalaceGuard01 according to the CS.

What is mean? What I can do ? i will try your evp

It means that you cannot disable the reference itself, as the enabled/disabled status of it is tied to the enable parent. I noticed this with the furniture in Battlehorn Castle, for example. Depending on what other things are linked to the same enable parent (dialogue conditions, script condition checks, AI package conditions, other references' enable state), you could try toggling the enable state of the enable parent. Or you could try un-linking the reference from the enable parent.

HOWEVER you could just try selecting the NPC, going to a quiet place in-game, and moving the actor to the player's current location ("moveto player") to move it away, so that you would not see it anymore. As a workaround. Messing with enable parent stuff is probably not the best way, and you would need to make a separate mod for it. Moving the actor away is an easy workaround, unless it resets back to its original position at some point.

From what I have seen with NPCs with the quest flag (so I'm assuming also with the Enable Parent flag) they will stay where ever they have died. My proposal is an blend of the ideas already presented.

Click on the NPC in question in the game console to get their refID displayed and "resurrect 1" them as TheMastersSon has suggested. Leave them standing there and travel to where ever in the game you want their body to remain (doesn't matter whether it's an interior like an Ayleid ruin or just somewhere outside). In the console with their refID still displayed "moveto player" as suggested by Contra. Finish by using the console to kill them ... with the refID still displayed in the console it's simply "kill" (of course all console commands will be without the quote marks).

Because the NPC is dead you won't need to worry about their AI package bringing them back to interfere at their old location, and you won't have them laying around, cluttering up the place.

moved in sewers. maybe.

A question, someone know a good palace overhaul somewhere. On nexus just abandonned mods or bugged mods.

eldercouncil from gandalf is just esthetic. I want serious scheduled npcs. Dragon caption is too huge and incompatible.

Edited by marob307