Mod problems

Samuslovr1

I suspect you are using the BBB Ragdoll skeleton. I have the same flying on death situation (along with a weird floating blunts when paralyzed anomaly). My own research into the problem leads me to believe it was something that was introduced to the Growlf's Universal skeleton in one of the later versions. It must not affect everyone though, as it's not widely reported.

Your Khajiit and Argonian problems are related to the situation that DrakeTheDragon outlined on this thread recently. Because they are handled differently from other races, they are more difficult to get right when you're installing a texture replacer.

Hmm, actually those skin issues look like Archive Invalidation issues to me. Make sure you have BSA Redirection applied, either through OBMM's Archive Invalidation Utilities, Wrye Bash or via the famous mod "ArchiveInvalidationInvalidated!", as they all do the same. It's a one-time-only solution placing an empty dummy BSA into your data folder and altering your "oblivion.ini" so this one takes the place in "sArchiveList" of the only BSA requiring Invalidation, and as such eliminates the need for Archive Invalidation itself once and for all.

From what I could see the meshes appear to be alright, you're even using the Stock Equipment Replacers many are neglecting then running into issues with custom races these days, and the issues affecting more than 1 bodypart (upper AND lowerbody), clothed and unclothed, supports the estimation that simply the wrong textures (Vanilla "foot" to be precise, which is in accordance to the functioning of those body mods) are used here, and this can only be caused by Archive Invalidation missing or gone wrong. You're even using the EVE Khajiit Fix already, so the issue with both genders of this race by default using one and the same texture for "foot", which will now be for "full-body", should also already be adressed properly.

If you are using BSA Redirection already, make sure there are no left-over "Archive Invalidation.txt"-files left in any of your folders anymore, or those files will tell the game to use external texture file X over the internal one which isn't inside the now-empty dummy BSA anymore to begin with, which is bound to cause multiple random issues!

This might be a stupid question, but am I supposed to have an archiveinvalidation.txt file in my data folder?

The oblivion.ini references it here:

SInvalidationFile=ArchiveInvalidation.txt

But also says:

sArchiveList=..\obmm\BSARedirection.bsa, Oblivion - Meshes.bsa, Oblivion - Textures - Compressed.bsa, Oblivion - Sounds.bsa, Oblivion - Voices1.bsa, Oblivion - Voices2.bsa, Oblivion - Misc.bsa

BSA Redirection is selected in OBMM

Should I try to uninstall and then reinstall HGEC?

This might be a stupid question, but am I supposed to have an archiveinvalidation.txt file in my data folder?

The oblivion.ini references it here:

SInvalidationFile=ArchiveInvalidation.txt

But also says:

sArchiveList=..\obmm\BSARedirection.bsa, Oblivion - Meshes.bsa, Oblivion - Textures - Compressed.bsa, Oblivion - Sounds.bsa, Oblivion - Voices1.bsa, Oblivion - Voices2.bsa, Oblivion - Misc.bsa

BSA Redirection is selected in OBMM

Should I try to uninstall and then reinstall HGEC?

Don't think so. After doing BSA redirection, delete everything in ArchiveIncalidation.txt, make it size 0 dummy file(just for safety).

Don't think so. After doing BSA redirection, delete everything in ArchiveIncalidation.txt, make it size 0 dummy file(just for safety).

I copy that.

Repeating my last paragraph above, any file mentioned inside the "ArchiveInvalidation.txt" (and there can be more than 1 in different folders even) will be tried to be used in place of an internal file which isn't in the empty dummy BSA from BSA Redirection anymore to begin with. This is known to cause multiple random issues. Get rid of those entries, or the file itself.

As it can be at several different places, was there even any at all in an unmodded game to begin with? :ermm:

Assuming that you have the textures in the correct locations, and you have ArchiveInvalidation properly installed as well, you may want to give my humble mod a shot. It fixes the pathing issues that some people face with Khajiit when installing body replacers. Hopefully it will fix your purple khajiit texture (or lack thereof).

I did a search across my entire system and the only files with archiveinvalidation in its name are from the unnoficial patches. I'll do another search and look through the folders myself just to make sure.

EDIT: Oh, and just if it helps any, here are my specs:

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Intel Core i5-2500k 3.3GHz

8GB DDR3 RAM

AMD Radeon HD 6770 1GB

Edited by Samuslovr1

I also suggest that you boot up the CS and load your body replacement. It honestly looks like to me that the Argonian texture problem isn't the ArchiveInvalidated but the fact that the game is assigning an incorrect texture (the male texture) to the hgec body. This happens to the beast races occasionally. You may want to check that before you spend so much time looking through all your folders.