A player-owned fort!

kromey

Fort Fellhammer is part of Companions series, and becomes the Silverhand base of operations once you start the Companions series.

Do any of the Companions quests actually involve the fort? UESP.net doesn't list any Companions quests under Fellhammer, and neither does it mention Fellhammer in any of the Companions quests. If it's just a fort that happens to be occupied by Silver Hand rather than run-of-the-mill bandits, I doubt there's a problem.

Yep... Its the quest Aela sends you to steal the Silverhand plans. Can't progress the Companions quest series without it.

Also, theres a radiant quest that sends you here to get the Helm of Winterhold. if you draw that particular version and you have deleted the chest it spawns in, you get a broken and stuck quest in your journal.

Oh, and UESP's entry is rather, ummm, sparse on that fort. Might want to check some other Wiki sites.

Edited by Sunnie

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fort Fellhammer is part of Companions series, and becomes the Silverhand base of operations once you start the Companions series.

Do any of the Companions quests actually involve the fort? UESP.net doesn't list any Companions quests under Fellhammer, and neither does it mention Fellhammer in any of the Companions quests. If it's just a fort that happens to be occupied by Silver Hand rather than run-of-the-mill bandits, I doubt there's a problem.

Yep... Its the quest Aela sends you to steal the Silverhand plans. Can't progress the Companions quest series without it.

Yeah, just found it on The Elder Scrolls Wikia -- first bit of info I've seen there that UESP.net didn't have!

It is a radiant quest, and Fort Fellhammer is one of only 10 or so possible destinations for that one. So with the CK, I may be able to modify that quest so that Aela never sends the player there.

Still, I'd rather keep my modifications to as narrow a scope as possible to minimize the chance of conflicts with other mods. So Fort Fellhammer is likely a no-go, unfortunately.

Edited by kromey

Aela never sent me there, she sent me to redoran's retreat, that might be a radiant quest, instead of a set quest target.

It could be Radiant, but in 3 play throughs, I've been sent there all 3 times, and once for the helm of winterhold.

Perhaps something like Northwatch keep? a fortress that consumes a island seems pretty epic

The most awesome would ofcourse be something like the college of Winterhold, but that's too difficult for any modder to recreate.

Copying Northwatch keep or something similar to the area in either the northwest or somewhere in the east, like Stendarr's beacon. That's a nice area, or something hidden in a valley like Arcwind Point.

In The northwest there are these mountains north of Mor Khazgur that give some space. More north of that is a pretty much desolate area of some islands and ice, but a fortress standing in the ocean does have something cool.

Fort Hraggstad would be cool too, mainly because it's a really epic fort. too bad it's related to the stormcloack questline.

The interiors should be mainly underground though. It gives you the oppertunity to create really long halls filled with mannequins and weapon racks.

Like the loading area of the Matrix, but this one is medieval and filled with your own swords, shields, staffs, bows and armor.

There should also be big library. I always founded the bookshells in the houses to be rather small. Even in Markarth, where you can store many of your books in your houses, it was still to small for my many tomes and books. If only you had a library like the library of the castle in Beauty and the Beast.

Which brings me actually to a rather cool idea.

Imagine the castle from Beauty and the Beast (it's gothic style may not actually fit in with the Nordic style, but gothic castles are always the coolest) which is infested with undead. You come in and clear it out and when you come back to the Jarl you are allowed to purchase it for 5000000 gold. Then another 100000 gold is required for giving it a nice make-over and before you know it you own the coolest pLace of all of Quahog, i mean Tamriel.

Unfortunately, recreating something like that would require you to go to desolate areas like the northwest of the Reach and require many, many, many hours of work. But still, it would be awesome.

But to actually answer your question, the most suitable areas can be found in the valleys between mountains south of the Throat Of The World, around Arcwind Point, Autumnwatch tower and Fort Neugrad. But Neugrad is related to a stormcloak quest.

It would also be rather cool if you could fix Helgen up. You clear it of the bandits that have infested it since the dragon attack and you are able to rebuild it's entire walls and towers and make it more powerful then ever before. Imagine, the Dragonborn as Jarl of Helgen!

Edited by Choisai

Except that Helgen is part of the Falkreath Hold. Jarls, as they are portrayed in Skyrim, are Earls that rule a territory in a King's stead. You can't be a Jarl of just one town, and I doubt the Jarl of Falkreath would be down with you carving your own territory out of theirs.

Except that Helgen is part of the Falkreath Hold. Jarls, as they are portrayed in Skyrim, are Earls that rule a territory in a King's stead. You can't be a Jarl of just one town, and I doubt the Jarl of Falkreath would be down with you carving your own territory out of theirs.

Then again, if you speak with the Jarl of Falkreath he even admits he does nothing and just lets his steward handle the hold while he drinks and hunts..

Helgen may be part of falkreath, but you could start a little rebellion in which you fight some men from falkreath. You win the battle, you proclaim Helgen independent and everyone just has to accept it.

Considering the Jarl is the laziest man on earth, you also could just buy it after you've defeated the bandits. And you store your own men in Helgen you are pretty much the warlord of that area. So you aren't really a Jarl then as you said, but you can act like one. Sitting on a throne like a lazy badass, visit your armory, craft some incredible weapons, maybe even a Dwemer elevator to Blackreach can be installed?

It would also be cool if you could challenge the Jarl to a duel. if you win, you're the Jarl. He's angry and will send some assassin's after you, but still, you're a badass dragonborn, you defeat them and you are Jarl of Falkreath. But warlord of Helgen seems a bit more suitable considering the adventerous ambiance of skyrim. Come to think of it, 'Warlord' sounds tougher then 'Jarl'.

But still, a 'Helgen Revisited' would be awesome. Or otherwise the castle from Beauty and the Beast.