A player-owned fort!

kromey

Use the one you have to free the prisoners from and clear the inside of during the civil war, it has lotsa rooms and a nice layout. Copy and paste(CK's gonna let us do that, right? :psyduck:) it to somewhere, wherever, and Viola! Just remove the Imperial dogs. xD

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Use the one you have to free the prisoners from and clear the inside of during the civil war, it has lotsa rooms and a nice layout. Copy and paste(CK's gonna let us do that, right? :psyduck:) it to somewhere, wherever, and Viola! Just remove the Imperial dogs. xD

Sounds like a pretty good idea to me. Nobody likes the imperials so who cares if they have to be killed ;p

Hi,

I'd go for Mistwatch if I were you. While slightly off main roads gives good chance to make a sensible centre for local folk, and there's a hamlet / mine nearby that could be involved in your idea.

Fort Amol and Fort Greenwall are involved in Civil War, Faldar's Tooth, Bloodlet Throne in Companions questline. Robber's Gorge looks nice if you intend to go with 'create a fort from scratch' idea. It definitely makes sense if you look for a lot of work for yourself :-)

That's a nice idea in general so I hope you do well with it :-)

Greets

Except that Helgen is part of the Falkreath Hold. Jarls, as they are portrayed in Skyrim, are Earls that rule a territory in a King's stead. You can't be a Jarl of just one town, and I doubt the Jarl of Falkreath would be down with you carving your own territory out of theirs.

Helgen may be part of falkreath, but you could start a little rebellion in which you fight some men from falkreath. You win the battle, you proclaim Helgen independent and everyone just has to accept it.

Considering the Jarl is the laziest man on earth, you also could just buy it after you've defeated the bandits. And you store your own men in Helgen you are pretty much the warlord of that area. So you aren't really a Jarl then as you said, but you can act like one. Sitting on a throne like a lazy badass, visit your armory, craft some incredible weapons, maybe even a Dwemer elevator to Blackreach can be installed?

It would also be cool if you could challenge the Jarl to a duel. if you win, you're the Jarl. He's angry and will send some assassin's after you, but still, you're a badass dragonborn, you defeat them and you are Jarl of Falkreath. But warlord of Helgen seems a bit more suitable considering the adventerous ambiance of skyrim. Come to think of it, 'Warlord' sounds tougher then 'Jarl'.

But still, a 'Helgen Revisited' would be awesome. Or otherwise the castle from Beauty and the Beast.

That's a really good idea. Especially given the fact that Helgen was intact in the first place, so you should have all the bits and pieces to do it :-)

Hi,

I'd go for Mistwatch if I were you. While slightly off main roads gives good chance to make a sensible centre for local folk, and there's a hamlet / mine nearby that could be involved in your idea.

Fort Amol and Fort Greenwall are involved in Civil War, Faldar's Tooth, Bloodlet Throne in Companions questline. Robber's Gorge looks nice if you intend to go with 'create a fort from scratch' idea. It definitely makes sense if you look for a lot of work for yourself :-)

That's a nice idea in general so I hope you do well with it :-)

Greets

Mistwatch is unfortunately also quest related. You can free some guy from Whiterun there. He's in captivity of the Thalmor

why would that be hard to create? its just a bunch of buildings, and honestly i'm liking the idea of making skyrim bigger by using artificial islands and make forts and little cities or what not

Modding is more then just a 'bunch of buildings' ;). Unless you just copy paste buildings from other cities, it's gonna take long to create it. But you could use the exteriors of whiterun and create a Gothic version of it. After that you could create a island of rocks in the Sea of Ghosts and create a bit spooky castle