How do you insert the whole body inside armor?

jet4571

Should be but it is not. Anyway the body actually does not fit inside the robes. even BBE slim or TNT Athena does not fit. the back and butt stick out further than the robes and if you bump the body forward the legs and arms stick out. Spent all day trying to mod the .nif in max and worked many bodies and all did the same thing.

This boils down to a complaint I have that they didn't have a default body for all armor and clothes that was exactly the same shape as the nude body. If they used 1 for _0 and another for _1 of each sex to get the armor/clothes to fit then there wouldn't be an issue. Its called a template! And using THE SAME body for everything it makes correcting clipping issues that much easier and there is a shitton of those in vanilla armor.. The games fun to play but they sure as s*** made the modeling and settings overly complicated. They could've used the funds wasted on complicated modeling and setup on quests and unique NPC's and probably almost double the content there.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the clarification Ghogiel ... I've only just figured out how to do this myself, so the help is really, really appreciated, I managed to replace the partial mesh with a full body inside the "farmclothes01" clothing mesh and it worked great in game ... Now for some more fun playing about with other clothes/armors ...

Hi, sorry to bother you ...

I followed this advice and I did in fact manage to get a body to paste across into an armour ... it showed up in NifSkope beautifully, both the body and the armour correctly textured ... however when saved to Data folder and loaded in game, the armour was perfect but the body was invisible ...

I am just wondering if you have do do some more matching of NiNodes i.e. match the nodes being pasted in to those already these , etc as well as just the name ... if so, I haven't figured figure out what matches what so far ?

Or is it just a texturing problem which is easy if you know how?

Grateful for any advice

Thanks for the clarification Ghogiel ... I've only just figured out how to do this myself, so the help is really, really appreciated, I managed to replace the partial mesh with a full body inside the "farmclothes01" clothing mesh and it worked great in game ... Now for some more fun playing about with other clothes/armors ...

Hi, sorry to bother you ...

I followed this advice and I did in fact manage to get a body to paste across into an armour ... it showed up in NifSkope beautifully, both the body and the armour correctly textured ... however when saved to Data folder and loaded in game, the armour was perfect but the body was invisible ...

I am just wondering if you have do do some more matching of NiNodes i.e. match the nodes being pasted in to those already these , etc as well as just the name ... if so, I haven't figured figure out what matches what so far ?

Or is it just a texturing problem which is easy if you know how?

Grateful for any advice

It could have something to do with the "Has Vertex Colour" setting on the NiTriShapeData, Ghogiel pointed out that you don't need the "Has Normals" on, but as far as I've experienced you DO need the "Has Vertex Colour" to say 'yes' ... If that don't work, then I'm outta' ideas ... My own knowledge is purely empirical (only figured out a few days ago) and I used the method above and it worked BUT, I may just have been really, really, lucky ...

Also make sure that you rename each NiTriShape (i.e. the new body mesh) Something unique so there isn't any confusion, as sometimes it will call it "Pelvis_22" or "UpperRightArm_1[LL12]" or some other such crap, so I always rename the body as "MaleBodySkinnyNude" or some other descriptive name, that way I know what it is and which mesh (**_0 or **_1) I'm working on (had about 11 Nifskope windows open at one stage there ) ...

Plus make sure that the new addition is "inside" the "0" root tree, sometimes when I pasted the new body mesh in, it ended up 'outside' the tree and didn't show up, so make sure to click somewhere neutral (like in the view window) then re click on the "0" again to make sure it "pastes" under that ...

As I said my knowledge is new and very non technical so there may be something else that, I've been lucky gotten right by accident that but that didn't happen for you ... Sorry I can't help more ATM

Edited by Perraine

when you paste blocks across this version of nifs, none of the string names are pasted across, it'll inherit the string name on the same line in the nif you are pasting into, or it'll get the scene root name if it's string name was on a line that would put it higher than anything in the string index.. it loops back to the begining of the list when choosing and assigning a name....

basically check that the mesh block isn't now named the same as one of the bones. if it is, rename it correctly. :tongue: