ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

TRUE Vampires... that make the experience worth awhile

cmoe

Okay, the talk about vampires has been going on for awhile, but me myself I haven't had the urge to be one ingame... there seemed to be too many con's and only little pro's. On the other hand, sure, its a role-playing experience to be bitten and to have to find the cure (did this in oblivion and liked the questline). But living your whole life as a vampire? Somehow this doesnt give me the extra different touch from being a regular nord that kills everything in his path.

My idea that makes vampires awesome and a really different to play class:

Bats. Remember all those movies where they could (at a master stage) turn into bats during the night, flying around, transforming back near unsuspecting victims and draining them? Needing to be fed to be able to transform again, and of course enjoy all the things flight brings with it? Of course we would need a bat model, maybe easier once CK comes out. Flying? Should be already moddable. Constraining flight to certain height, time of the day, vampire mastery level, number of victims drained in the last 24 hours, awareness of the flying vampire by guards and/or folks should also be easily implementable for a really immersive and rememberable mod. I just watched the trailer again and from the Fus Ro Da on theres a flying sequence i think everyone remembers. Wouldnt it be cool to do this ONLY if youre a vampire and during the night?

Looking forward for your inputs/thoughts and hope someone with the skills can do this one!

I love the bat thing but there is soooooo much other stuff that can be done with vampires as well. For instance. Killing a vamp shouldn’t mean they are dead. To permanently kill them a mod should force you to put a stake through their heart or decapitate them. When they are not killed they should lay there then come back to life after a while. Once "killed" they should turn to ash. Would be cool if having garlic on you or a cross would give you attack/defense bonuses. The same should apply to you when playing as a vampire. People complain that being a vamp sucks (ya, ya). So how about when you get killed while in vamp form you fall to the ground for a few seconds and not die? Your attackers would calm down, even laugh about having killed you, then you would be able to rise again while their backs are turned... Mwaaahahaha. Basically when your health reaches zero you fall to the ground and your attackers stop combat and leave, but your health regenerates. Once it reaches a certain amount (let's say 50%) you can get back up by either pressing jump or crouch. Would be even nicer if after you've risen your attackers would realize you're a vamp and would flee at your sight, but if you'd get killed again they would decapitate or put a stake through your heart, permanently killing you. Would add a whole new dimension to combat. Edited by PsxMeUP

I very much appreciate this input and think it should be implemented as well; although those are just "minor" changes that go along with the current gameplay of a vampire. Is there some modder out there that thinks him/herself capable of implementing the transformation to a bat along with those tweaks?

And even more awesome would be if that half-bat-creature that just got to a unsuspecting victim would result in a killcam - animation like in dead space when those winged things with the long needle-tongue get ahold of Isaac, holding him with the wings and poking his head with the spike... gruesome but yet attractive :D

Please someone do the bat part?

I like both ideas... Specially the "resurrect" thing, it's a lot more like real vampire stories, and so is the bat transformation. The default vampire we have in Skyrim is just not worth playing, it actually makes your character weaker. I hope these mods come out.

I remember adding a bunch of Oblivion mods for vampires. Surpisingly the overlapped pretty well.

With all the powers, and upgrades they were given...they were rather scary to mess with.

Could turn into wolves, bats, mist. Could hear you a mile away, and throw you around like a rag doll.

When they died they would burst into flames, leaving only a skeleton in it's remains.

Of course there were vampire weapon mods such as stakes, holy water, amulets, and swords that could deal with them as well.

If they had that going for Skyrim it would be best.

Actually kind of wish they went with Lore, and added those vampires that live in the frozen lakes that I read in a book when playing Oblivion.

Putting aside the bethesda belief of starvation=power in regards to vampires, my biggest complaint is that the game has little if any thing for Vampires.

Oblivion had a similar problem, Morrowind had vampire clans that made it worthwhile being a vampire. Basically with skyrim its a case of be a werewolf that can't sleep well but can get a massive buff once a day or vampire that has a large number of weaknesses, can't handle a tan, and by the time he's worth being a vampire EVERYONE knows it and tries to kill you.

I would like damn near anything that would add to the 'vampire' experience ( as long as its not twilight claptrap), whether its special abilities, servants/sheep, quests, anything really. In oblivion i used a mod that made vampires weaker as they starved, and the older and more 'feedings' they had the more powerful they'd become it added special abilities too.

Transformation would be cool for them, though i'd honestly prefer not to change into a bat.......... just don't like em, maybe a large bird resembling a crow/raven commonly associated with death.

@ calexander: yes, thats about the form of a "bat" i thought of... maybe a bit less human-like-shape but still recognisable.

Considering the killcam like DS2, I meant something like this: (see attached picture)

I also agree to most of the lore considered in the other topic, just thought that vampires need something really exclusive to make them not just another form of different warrior-class out there. The transformation would be exactly that, especially with how awesome things look while flying (see a couple of yout00b vids where ppl change camera view to a npc dragon flying around, can't find the exact vid i was watching the other day).

Also, of course, a new cave somewhere in the mountains at an unaccessible spot that you have to fly to... so nobody can disturb you while taking another virgin's... umm... LIFE, of course :D