Minecraft Nexus?

Guardian78

Minecraft is a fairly new game with millions of players all looking for mods and an easy way to download and install mods without breaking their servers. Has the thought of possibly making a nexus for Minecraft come to mind? Just wandering as I love the nexus sites for TES series mods and also would love to see some Minecraft stuff since its also open world.

I agree, there is not really an easy way to find and download mods...Also you could host a server for multiplayer, maybe NEXUS-CRAFT! If that happens I'd love to help manage it by being a server moderator :tongue:

• 2 months later...

Curse bought out the Minecraft forums and has the Minecraft sector pretty much covered.

Honestly, not really. Modding for Minecraft seems easy, and there's tons of them out there that add in new content and all sorts of stuff that a game that'd be difficult to mod wouldn't have. However, the one caveat is that there is no central, established way to install them.

Sure, all you really do is replace files in the .JAR, but there are so many add-on "requirements" for mods that are outdated or contradictory that it would be helpful to have a Nexus site dedicated to it.

Not only is the Nexus well renowned, but a central location could inspire people to maybe update their mods and content, make them less conflicting, and hell, maybe there could be a stable, easy-to-use mod manager.

Not to mention that the Curse forums are just that. Forums. So you have to go through some shifty and unreliable sites to download, since the Curse forums themselves don't provide that service.

Planet Elder Scrolls supposedly has modding for TES "covered", but we're still up; Or vice versa, I don't know nor do I care which came first.

Point is, downloading and installing mods for Minecraft is difficult for the average person; Even someone who knows how to install and run the most demanding of Skyrim/Oblivion mods. In my case, I was trying to install ThaumCraft, which requires 3 different files as well as the actual mod, that don't seem to do anything, and sure don't work well as "mod managers". I've tried several versions of the three files, but none of them worked, and there is nowhere in existence to download past versions of the mod itself.

These kinds of frustrations could be remedied easily with a central and reputable name like the Nexus; and really what downsides are there?

Edited by IxionInc

Haha. This topic takes me back eh?

Who can remember the first time we all were together talking about this?

As such my stance remains the same as always.

I agree with everyone here that a Minecraft nexus would be a positive thing and I'd welcome it with more than open arms (I'd have open eyes, mouth, hands and a cake in the corner)

BUT

There's just a slight problem with the community that we would be taking under our wing. The average Minecraft player has the maturity of a typical xboxlive player :P

Not to mention the HUGE amounts of those who actually haven't bought the game, Like the moderators of this site actually want a whole new influx of kids to deal with :P

Also their attitude to any other sites besides Minecraftforums and PlanetMinecraft is basically the same attitude we at the nexus face towards sites that attempt the same thing the nexus has. (Thieving morons of Gmod anyone? and other small websites that were actually legit too that we never really used?)

It would be a pretty big gamble to take Minecraft under the wing of the Nexus. While the community already here would enjoy it, it's getting more users who actually don't know about the nexus to come here.

Also the Nexus already has a Minecraft Server (http://www-cdn.jtvnw.net/images/emoticons/josh.gifInsert TwitchTV Kappa emoticon here)

I present to you, the Unofficial TESNexus Minecraft Server.

She's been part of our community for over a year and a half now. Since the glory days of Alpha.

Please check her out sometime if you fancy it.

The Topic here on the nexus has 2,087 replies and a whopping 53,638 views.

Edited by KDStudios

Haha. This topic takes me back eh?

Who can remember the first time we all were together talking about this?

As such my stance remains the same as always.

I agree with everyone here that a Minecraft nexus would be a positive thing and I'd welcome it with more than open arms (I'd have open eyes, mouth, hands and a cake in the corner)

BUT

There's just a slight problem with the community that we would be taking under our wing. The average Minecraft player has the maturity of a typical xboxlive player :P

Not to mention the HUGE amounts of those who actually haven't bought the game, Like the moderators of this site actually want a whole new influx of kids to deal with :P

Also their attitude to any other sites besides Minecraftforums and PlanetMinecraft is basically the same attitude we at the nexus face towards sites that attempt the same thing the nexus has. (Thieving morons of Gmod anyone? and other small websites that were actually legit too that we never really used?)

It would be a pretty big gamble to take Minecraft under the wing of the Nexus. While the community already here would enjoy it, it's getting more users who actually don't know about the nexus to come here.

Also the Nexus already has a Minecraft Server (http://www-cdn.jtvnw.net/images/emoticons/josh.gifInsert TwitchTV Kappa emoticon here)

I present to you, the Unofficial TESNexus Minecraft Server.

She's been part of our community for over a year and a half now. Since the glory days of Alpha.

Please check her out sometime if you fancy it.

The Topic here on the nexus has 2,087 replies and a whopping 53,638 views.

I have to disagree with your assessment sir, the maturity level of your average internet user is exceedingly low to begin with, yet sites that rely on community interaction continue to flourish despite that handicap. Unless there are any specific limitations to your current template system that would make it difficult or impossible to incorporate a minecraft nexus, then by all means you should put one up.

I find it funny that you make the assertion that the community for one game is of a lower maturity level than another though, I suppose the mean age of the playerbase was used as a basis for whether or not to form all other nexus sites as well? Yes, an excess of sarcasm, but you surely understand my point.

@fourletterfame; In your post above you are responding to another member's observations and opinions, not to anyone on Staff here at the Nexus, and definitely not to the Site Owner, Dark0ne. For that sort of input, see Posts #2 and #3. (Just thought you'd want to know. :whistling: )