What's everyone's thoughts

NCRForever

on modders removing their mods because of who the president is? I ask, because I just popped onto Reddit and found a post that was made about a month ago.

https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/5jsr5j/why_i_decided_to_quitat_least_for_the_time_being/?sort=new

You can pop on over to read it if you'd like. Just wondering what people think.

Now I remember why I don't read Reddit.

I'd love to ask this author if he thinks it would have been preferable to have our federal government do nothing for the next four years except argue about Hillary Clinton's emails.

I rarely go there anymore. Besides, I don't even have an acct.

So when you sign up for Reddit , does the stupid pill come in the mail or is it some new wonky tech coming through the screen I dont know about.

That's about what I think of that.

I just pop on ever so often and I saw that. Never login because I got banned there for: Quoting another member and misconstruing it. Plus being a general ass.

Kind of funny that the member I quoted happened to be a staff member talking about piracy and the general ass part was just me responding to his exact words about piracy and asking him if he got caught and ends up in prison, should I send money to his books or his new big boyfriend.

Yeah. I guess I deserved the ban. LMAO!

Despite my previous post and in fairness to the mod author, it's not hard for me to understand how he got to this point of disgust. I had my own WTF moment when Trump secured the RNC's support to run as a "Republican". Game, set and match: multinationals. And increasingly I find myself not even recognizing my own country any more. I was born and raised in a place called the United States, and at some point in the last 40 years, somebody snuck in and replaced this country with an entirely new one called the United Federal Government. Just in the last election (and since January 1, 2017) the people of my state have voted to require federal clearance and background checks for ammunition purchases. As if "clearance" is or even can be required FROM OUR OWN EMPLOYEES to protect ourselves and our families. Simply pathetic imo, and if this isn't the textbook definition of fascism I don't know what ever could be. Our state also passed a new "Good Samaritan" law, which protects from civil liability anyone who breaks into a locked vehicle, as long as the perpetrator claims he or she believed an animal inside the vehicle was "overheating". No I'm not kidding. Our private property rights and the right to not have our property destroyed are now legally subservient to criminals on the street, who now have legal carte blanche to break into any vehicle with a pet or other animal inside. And the coup de gras, plastic grocery bags are now outlawed in my county at supermarkets and everywhere else. So of course our local market forgets to order more paper bags to accomodate the new law, runs out of paper bags and starts (I was there watching this first-hand) bagging people's groceries in PLASTIC VEGETABLE BAGS.

Behold the power of government. Grapes of flipping Wrath imo.

Just mass reactionary stupidity everywhere you look, and a collapse of personal responsibility and rights. The last time this happened was the 1950's, and our feds were telling our schoolkids to duck under their desks to protect them from 10 million degree nuclear blast heat.

Edited by TheMastersSon

Yeah. Trump wouldn't have been my choice for the ® candidate. But, it is what it is. Hillary, whom he's a heavy supporter, would have been the worst case scenario. Sounds like you're in Ca. I hate this state with a passion. I cannot wait to move. But, I know what you mean. The US has gone down the shitter in the last 40+ years.

The outbursts we are seeing following Trump's election are very worrying. I have never before seen public meltdowns like this in my life. They represent something deeply wrong with our culture and portend a very dark future. I find it difficult to avoid the conclusion that we are seeing the beginnings of a cold civil war. A lot of people realize that big changes are happening concurrently in the West, but we are yet to assess the exact extent of these changes except to say that what we are witnessing the end of the neoliberal consensus that has dominated for decades.

Childish idiocy, baby huey stuff. Protest in cases like these never really accomplished anything except for people to make a nuisance of themselves. Just like making that petition.

The minority that believes as you will support what your doing, the people that already voted Hillary, like preaching to the converted.

If you higher a celebrity, on the fence people will come to your protest to see them...fart...then leave...Because they did not care enough to make a stand in the first place.

Predictable inane signs they rather expect wont convince them of anything...just good music.

If others view what your doing as anti-them you will never convince them of anything...just like if pc is your religion, and your not a conservative you wont be convinced by the other side. Also there are no second elections.

If carried beyond peaceful protest to bad acts, it becomes criminal, beyond that its treason. Simple as that. This guy seems to be just depriving people of the mod for no logical reason.

Its like this: a million protesters are bad but....oh-my-god, someone pulled a skyrim mod, from the nexus...lets go investigate the election. Yep...that's logical as hell. That is just F'n crackerjack by god.

Edited by skyquest32

The outbursts we are seeing following Trump's election are very worrying. I have never before seen public meltdowns like this in my life. They represent something deeply wrong with our culture and portend a very dark future. I find it difficult to avoid the conclusion that we are seeing the beginnings of a cold civil war. A lot of people realize that big changes are happening concurrently in the West, but we are yet to assess the exact extent of these changes except to say that what we are witnessing the end of the neoliberal consensus that has dominated for decades.

Liberal shamiberal there are plenty of Repubs thinking WTZ is he doing?Trump thinks and is relying on the idea that he has captured the hearts and souls of a silent majority and he may be right.If that's true we all are in for a very bumpy ride.