Dead Island

raatorotta

I was wondering about this game to buy it or not. It looks lot like fallout 3 but with zombies.

Has anyone played Dead Island and what do you think of it? Should i buy it? I already bought two new games this month (sacred 2 and clive barker's jericho) so I'm not sure do I have time for any other games, but incase Dead Island is good, I'm gonna buy it and play later.

Yeah, I had lots of fun with it and spent about 120 hours on the game, but it's not exactly freeform like Fallout. I'd say it's more like Borderlands with zombies and a really amazing, gritty, in-your-face melee system. You get placed on different maps where you can complete various missions at will in the order you want.

I hadn't played the game in a while, but when I went back to it I was impressed how much they fixed stuff and I was glad they balanced out the kicking mechanics. Its a bit shallow feeling, but if you like borderlands this is just as good :happy: . I would recommend it.

It's a lot more fun if you find some friends to play it with.

I agree with this, but on the other hand it's a lot more challenging, scary and suspenseful if you play alone. :P

The moment I had a friend with me, the scare factor disappeared entirely. Not even the sewers were scary with a friend, despite people calling it the scariest part of the game.

Heh, even as more of an action game it has its horror moments, but yeah, don't go in expecting a horror game. Although I have to admit, the hotel creeped me right the hell out. :O

But all in all, the combat system is why you should try it. I haven't seen another game manage melee combat quite so well yet. In my humble opinion, it's even better than the melee combat in Dark Messiah.