NIFskope BSDismemberSkinInstance partitions

SkjoldBjorn

Nice list, It's really something i needed.

But,you could also add the Dismemberment for part that are not used on the player usually, like the 44, it's only used on the DragonHeadBloodFX models, but can be reused for players too ( I use it on my own mods, to allow the use of leggings apart from the cuirass models. )

Got a question to this one actually, im trying to get parts of the gauntlets hidden beneath the arms of the robe when robes are on. I tried making vertex groups assigned to 34, but that hides only the robe arms iteself, which is not the look im after.

Tried playing around with skyedit to see if i could adjust it properly there, but no luck there, it will only let me conceal the hand and not the upper part of the gloves, which i think is strange. I compared my gloves to the psiijic gauntlets which do indeed get hidden by robes you are wearing, tried the gauntlets on my character while using my own robes.

Problem is using even if i assign the right vertecies to the group 34 (or BP_RIGHTARM if you will) does not hide the parts of my gauntlets, even if the setting on the psiijic gloves is indentical to mine in both the ARMA and ARMO record.

Is the hand set to 33 and the part of the glove covering the arm set to 34?

If you do, the problem may be a configuration problem. When I looked at the BSdismembermentskininstance of the psijiic gloves in NifTools I found that there's a difference of "PartFlag" between the two part of the gloves, the hand is flagged PF_Editor_Visible, will the gauntlet as that, and PF_START_NET_BONESET.

If it's not that, if think it may be a SkyEdit issue, it seems to not save ARMA record very well, as sometime copy-pasted Armature react correctly the first time but after adding something else to the .esp, they suddenly refuse to work together, let me give you an example :

I have Cuirass_1 and Cuirass_2, they respectively go with Leggings_1 and Leggings_2.

When I equip Cuirass_1 and Leggings_1 together, everything go well, same if i use Cuirass_1 and Leggings_2.

If i use Cuirass_2 with Leggings_1, everything is OK... but Cuirass_2 with Leggings_2 doesn't work.

In my example, Cuirass_2 is just Cuirass_1 with a different name, there the same model and Cuirass_2 is a plain copy of Cuirass_1, same case for the two leggings.

The only fix I found is to open the .esp, change one of the problematics ARMA and change one things, save then change the value back to it's original states, then save again.

It work most of the time, but it may also not work at all... it's just really odd.

Yes, the gauntlets got the right partitions setup. But i have yet to fool around with flags, since im not entirely sure what they do, i might make a rough copy of my gloves and some flags just for the kicks.

If it's not that, if think it may be a SkyEdit issue, it seems to not save ARMA record very well, as sometime copy-pasted Armature react correctly the first time but after adding something else to the .esp, they suddenly refuse to work together, let me give you an example :

so in other words we might as well use TesVsnip for this kind of work then. At least you should have somewhat more control of the records there.

Got a question to this one actually, im trying to get parts of the gauntlets hidden beneath the arms of the robe when robes are on. I tried making vertex groups assigned to 34, but that hides only the robe arms iteself, which is not the look im after.

Tried playing around with skyedit to see if i could adjust it properly there, but no luck there, it will only let me conceal the hand and not the upper part of the gloves, which i think is strange. I compared my gloves to the psiijic gauntlets which do indeed get hidden by robes you are wearing, tried the gauntlets on my character while using my own robes.

Problem is using even if i assign the right vertecies to the group 34 (or BP_RIGHTARM if you will) does not hide the parts of my gauntlets, even if the setting on the psiijic gloves is indentical to mine in both the ARMA and ARMO record.

I managed to get the top parts of the dwarven guantlets hidden in first person when I made an armor. check out the first person screenshot: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=4819

I set the top half to 38. Problem is that there will now be an invisible section of wrist when wearing most armors in first person with the gauntlets and you will need to compensate the upper section of the gauntlets with the wrists of the armor model I made.

Yes, the gauntlets got the right partitions setup. But i have yet to fool around with flags, since im not entirely sure what they do, i might make a rough copy of my gloves and some flags just for the kicks.

so in other words we might as well use TesVsnip for this kind of work then. At least you should have somewhat more control of the records there.

I found from were my problem come, this as nothing to do with SkyEdit, it's due to the slot being not used for what they're intended to.

I think you should try to define were is the problem, if it's a problem with the .esp or with the model.

To do so, change the ARMA so it load the Psijiic model instead of your own, so you'll instantly see what block the dismemberment.

great list :)

but i have a question wondered if anyone has the answer to?

I have a belt item that i want my char to wear but we dont have any spare slots! so i have been trying use either the ring or amulet slots and gave my belt dismember 32 for the torso = so show :(

when i give it the ring or amulet slot the game freezes up :(

i have had success using item slots to display whatever i wanted to load in the past with another game but this ones got me beat atm .

is there any method i could use to make the ring item slot display my torso belt instead.

Edited by AlphaWoIF

Added a few more partitions.

@ Alphawolf maybe you can experiment with the partitions used on dragons and see how it turns out?

I have already tried that, it'll work like a charm for a belt, just remember to put the dismemberment ID with the right Armature and armor Slot ( ID 47 for DragonBody, per example.)