Groin shots

Aurum10000

Well, this is what i've done in two minutes.

Problem is you always have zero chance to hit. My guess is that each armor need to be re-weighted to include the groin area. If it's not, then you have no chance to hit it. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Also, you can't add any unique crippling effect. You can only use what the engine allows. For this example I used Brain cripple effect. Basically, if groin is crippled, NPC will became frenzied.

Basically, if groin is crippled, NPC will became frenzied.

Hehe, I was thinking just that. "Ow, my gonads! WHY! YOU WILL ALL SUFFER FOR THIS!!!"

I did wonder how to add new body parts at all to ragdolls. I suppose you do have that covered, at least until the armors part. Since we can't add new body part AVs to the engine, another option that could make more sense for that cripple effect in humans might be a new "eyes" limb. With a very small chance to hit and such a devastating (for the NPC's allies) effect, it may even be balanced! Most helmets don't cover the eyes, and those that do... well, it just makes sense that you can't target them then. Eye protection!

Yeah, eyes in Vats was always a dream for me.

I will never forget that time in F2 when I challenged Lo Pan with my char with mediocre unarmed skill. He's tough, so I aim a kick in his eyes and hope for the best, even with a very low chance to hit.

Luck was with me that time. One kick and a critical and he drop dead, his eyes went into his skull. A perfect 0hKo.

Edited by YanL

Hehe, I was thinking just that. "Ow, my gonads! WHY! YOU WILL ALL SUFFER FOR THIS!!!"

I did wonder how to add new body parts at all to ragdolls. I suppose you do have that covered, at least until the armors part. Since we can't add new body part AVs to the engine, another option that could make more sense for that cripple effect in humans might be a new "eyes" limb. With a very small chance to hit and such a devastating (for the NPC's allies) effect, it may even be balanced! Most helmets don't cover the eyes, and those that do... well, it just makes sense that you can't target them then. Eye protection!

You can't add completely new body part, just reuse the existing ones.

You need to include extra parts on each armor (body part vertex groups. That's what enables you to pick body parts in VATS) . Just like you have torso, limbs, head parts on armor nif, you'll need one for the groin (for example). It's definitely doable, but very tedious to cover all armors.

Engine only allows certain body part names on models, so you can't name groin area "groin", but, for example, "brain" (don't know exact name required).

For eyes, I really don't know how to do that. There are no bones for eyes on most creatures.

You can't add completely new body part, just reuse the existing ones.

You need to include extra parts on each armor (body part vertex groups. That's what enables you to pick body parts in VATS) . Just like you have torso, limbs, head parts on armor nif, you'll need one for the groin (for example). It's definitely doable, but very tedious to cover all armors.

Engine only allows certain body part names on models, so you can't name groin area "groin", but, for example, "brain" (don't know exact name required).

So were you able to get the groin showing up on your pic by adding something to the bodypart data object , and you gave it a brain condition there?

Because I was just thinking ... what if you used a perk entry point of "calculate to hit chance" "Add value" like ".10" for example.

Then put a condition on the Target using "GetVatsValue > targeted part > BrainCondition" ???

So were you able to get the groin showing up on your pic by adding something to the bodypart data object , and you gave it a brain condition there?

Because I was just thinking ... what if you used a perk entry point of "calculate to hit chance" "Add value" like ".10" for example.

Then put a condition on the Target using "GetVatsValue > targeted part > BrainCondition" ???

Correct, I've added another body part for NPCs called Groin in the body part data, added a brain condition and picked a Pelvis bone as a target area.

Still won'f work if there's no such data on actual armor model/creature.

I'll probably make one armor as a proof of concept.