Eve Online Log

samroski

Bought the Tengu and 3 PLEXes over the 6 weeks. Planning on stockpiling PLEXes for use later when my subscription runs out. Have now about 5 billion on the market, thus a steady income coming in. Having started as a trader, and then gone into manufacturing is useful as (I think) my profit margins are quite high. I have stopped doing the maths as whatever I am doing appears to be working.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

After 11 months in J0urneys End I felt the need to move on, and have now joined Middle-Earth.

During my time in JE I went seriously into industry. Researched a number of blueprints and started manufacturing about a third of the items that I trade in. I also recently started T2 invention and am currently involved in producing T2 blueprints by the dozen, to be used for manufacture in the new year. I made a number of very good friends and it was difficult to leave the corp in many ways.

As soon as I joined Middle-Earth one of our members got into an argument that ended up in war that started a couple of hours ago (on Christmas day).

Have become a GREAT fan of the Tengu. Amazing ship for level 4 missions. Got a 3.83 rate of fire on my heavy missiles- and this is heaven. Am back into a drake for the war as I took the liberty of pimping up my Tengu (a little) and do not want to risk it.

Am planning on selling my Rattlesnake as it has been nerfed to kingdom come post Dominion. Curse you CCP!

• 1 month later...

Things have changed.

First and most importantly: the (HM) ROF on my tengu is 3.43 now :)

The war on Middle-Earth lasted a week. 3 losses on our side. None on theirs.

I got bored and decided to set up a POS, for which I bought (150m) a corp called Finite Technologies. Had fun in setting up the POS in a 0.7 system 3 jumps from Jita, and 1 from my base. The POS is still up but as most of my BPOs are researched out, and my containers are overflowing with BPCs, I may take it down soon.

My friend Cista2 suggested joining an alliance to avoid wardecs, and thus I joined Stellar Economy Experts (SEX). One thing led to another and I decided to join the alliance in setting up base (couple of POSs) in a C2 wormhole. This is more of a team building exercise than a resource exploiting one. Have moved in with my drake, badger, retriever, catalyst, buzzard and zephyr.

• 2 weeks later...

Have been exploring a lot recently and I came across this black hole which looked amazing:

http://i50.tinypic.com/2dl7py9.jpg

And a WH leading to C6 w-space :) Wondering whether I can sell this/similar systems

http://i46.tinypic.com/5koqcj.jpg

I forgot to mention that I organized a treasure hunt for my ex-corp in Dec. This was possibly the first event of this kind in Eve. A number of "races" have been organized- but I wanted to do a hunt which could be attempted any time within a 23 hour period. Each participant was timed and there were riddles, anagrams. clues in space, containers, channels, passwords, contracts etc. Extremely complex to organize, as I needed to counter possible exploits. It was successful- if a little hard. Gave the winner a Cerberus and the runner up got a Drake. Contemplating doing this on a wider scale with better prizes, if there is enough interest.

Setting up the hunt:

http://i45.tinypic.com/33v0rwh.jpg

And some time before that I witnessed a strange event. A corp named G.A.N.J.A. self destructed some ships at Rens as a protest against the Minmitar state (I think). I nearly did not go to the event, as they had a disturbing video on their site, and they appeared... er.... disturbing. But my friend Moonaire was also interested, so we went.

http://i50.tinypic.com/dh8u9h.jpg

http://i45.tinypic.com/2e37kzr.jpg

I've got a quick question for you 0.0 types. How much demand is there for JF pilots? I've just realised I'm actually not far from being able to fly one, but the isk barrier (I need nearly 200mil isk worth of skills, and the ship itself costs 5bil) means it might not be worth pursuing unless some big alliance was willing to help fund the ship. It would be a good reason for me to get back into 0.0, and great fun flying one around there, but I don't really know what the 0.0 landscape is like these days, so I figured it would be best to find out before investing too heavily :)

Depends on what role you are playing in your corp.

To be entrusted with a 5bil ship + cargo, you will probably have to have spent some time in your corp/alliance, and established yourself in a position of responsibility.

What a JF is really useful for is for looking after POSs in 0.0 - before we left our previous alliance my alt was looking after my corp's 45 or thereabouts towers - moon miners, JBs and reaction chains - and a JF really was invaluable for moving fuel, moon mins and reaction inputs and outputs between stations and towers. My corp built an ark for my alt, because she couldn't fly the corp anshars.

It's also very handy for moving supplies out to 0.0 - if you have docking rights in some 0.0 stations and want to take up trading, a JF would be quite useful for moving your stock.

What you really need to watch out for, though, is jumping a JF to cyno beacons or midpoint cynos at POSs - always use a scout and never jump when there's a non-blue in the system you're jumping to. Getting nynced is not a lot of fun.

Depends on what role you are playing in your corp.

To be entrusted with a 5bil ship + cargo, you will probably have to have spent some time in your corp/alliance, and established yourself in a position of responsibility.

What a JF is really useful for is for looking after POSs in 0.0 - before we left our previous alliance my alt was looking after my corp's 45 or thereabouts towers - moon miners, JBs and reaction chains - and a JF really was invaluable for moving fuel, moon mins and reaction inputs and outputs between stations and towers. My corp built an ark for my alt, because she couldn't fly the corp anshars.

It's also very handy for moving supplies out to 0.0 - if you have docking rights in some 0.0 stations and want to take up trading, a JF would be quite useful for moving your stock.

What you really need to watch out for, though, is jumping a JF to cyno beacons or midpoint cynos at POSs - always use a scout and never jump when there's a non-blue in the system you're jumping to. Getting nynced is not a lot of fun.

Aye, that was what I thought. I'm idly looking at potential 0.0 corps to join atm, as empire is getting a bit boring these days. Thinking about joining TGRADS, in Morsus Mihi, as I'll probably get in there fairly easily, and I have some friends in the alliance who seem to quite like it. I don't recognise half of the other alliances around, its been so long since I paid attention to Eve politics - Its amazing how much has changed.

As for the JF... I'm probably gonna have to put that on hold till my financial situation has improved somewhat :P Think I'll go for T2 heavy drones next instead. Right now my Domi's ogre Is take ages to chew through a level 4.