Fallout 4 High Res Texture Update

L3s7ing

i have a i7 4770 and a gtx1070 that i just bought!!! do you think if i upgrade to a i7 7700k and keep the gtx1070 i would be able to run it?

it's just "recommend", you can play everything most times with much lower hardware

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have a i7 4770 and a gtx1070 that i just bought!!! do you think if i upgrade to a i7 7700k and keep the gtx1070 i would be able to run it?

it's just "recommend", you can play everything most times with much lower hardware

have you tried the super fat texture pack?

have you tried the super fat texture pack?

nope, but in my experience they often recommend higher hardware. Almost all games I know are fully playable with hardware lower than recommend or even minimum requirements.

Could be different with this texture pack, but I think the most hit will go to the vram, so you won't be able to play it with something like a 2gb vram card.

A 1070 should be fine...

But yes, can't know for sure.

Also I don't think these high res textures are meant for pure gameplay experience and more for the few people who really watch the textures closely... so probably only worth for screen archery or something like that.

Can't until Bethesda releases them :D

But an interesting fact from theBethesdaa article: "If your system can handle it, the Commonwealth will look better than ever. Give it a shot and if you need to return to the original textures, you can disable them within the game’s launcher menu."

(https://bethesda.net/en/article/52I2HyPCAowWG2ye8MKGU2/fallout-4-free-updates-high-resolution-texture-pack-and-ps4-pro-support?utm_source=SocialMedia&utm_campaign=HighRes&utm_medium=Social)

Would be nice to be able to switch so easily and don't have to redownload everything when just wanting to test it with and without.

Edit:

Official new recommend specs (rx 490 was removed)

Recommended PC Specs
Windows 7/8/10 (64-bit OS required)
Intel Core i7-5820K or better
GTX 1080 8GB
8GB+ Ram

Edited by L3s7ing

Don't even know why the recommend an i7-5820k... creation engine was never good with heavy multi-threading and I can confirm myself, that the original Fallout 4 only taxes this cpu to about a max of 20-30% with my oc on 4.2GHz. Mostly one or two cores heavily used with additional 1-2 cores in mid usage.

A Cpu with better single core performance would benefit probably much more.

Ah so there looking to put the final nail in the coffin of the performance of this game. I suppose it has something to do with the VR if thats still happening.

Its not like they let the game sit to far above 4GB VRAM anyway. Perhaps they'll update for that via an INI setting. That'd be a new one.