ELFX and RELIGHT SKYRIM

Kiki981

Hi. First I must apologise for my english - since is no my primary language.

I need some help with two of mods. I would like to combine ELFX (complete) and Relight Skyrim. I have found out, that ELFX is not compatible with Relight. But after some research, I found Relight (by same author), that is made for ELFX.

Ok, I have installed both ELFX and Relight that supports it. But the problem is, that when I use both mods together, I get strange shadow bug. When I look at the light source (for example torch), and move my camera, it seems that torch just turns off, or I get dark textures around that area (black). If I move my camera on different angle, the problem is gone. After I uninstalled Relight the problem is gone.

I must say That I have Skyrim Legendary edition, with Legendary edition patch and high resolution patch. Is there any way that I can combine this two mods without any bugs? Becouse, I realy want to keep ELFX. For me ELFX is one of the best weather and lighting mod there is. I have tried many (CoT, Vivid weathers, Purity,...). But some of them are either too bright, or too dark. CoT for example is for my opinion too colorless - almost black and white. Purity is to bright. And if I use Vivid weathers, I get CTD alot - even if I change .ini files as it's descripted on mod page. And I don't use ENB, tho I have installed Wrapper version (after I have installed Wrapper version, I almost don't get CDT. That's the only reason that I have installed it.

So again, can anyone tell me if there is any way that I can combine ELFX and Relight?

My other mods that slightly changes weather are:

- True storms

- Minty's Lightning

- Vivid clouds and fogs

- Lanterns of Skyrim (with ELFX patch and exterior consistency patch for ELFX)

- immersive Saturation Boost

other mods I think dont affect weather or lighting.

But for information I use:

- SMIM

- NobleSkyrimMod (2K)

ELFX and relighting skyrim arent compatible out of the box.

Neovalen in skyrim revisited provides a subset of relighting skyrim made to be compatible with ELFX. I would suggest using that.

OR you can make them compatible yourself by deleting conflicting records in RLS.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/98286095/Skyrim%20Revisited%20Legendary%20Edition/Patches/Relighting%20Skyrim/Relighting%20Skyrim%20FULL%20-%20Tailored%20for%20ELFX.7z

Also make sure when installing ELFX that you select the correct (compatible) options for whatever weather mod you use.

Vivid weathers doesnt cause crashes btw.

I have used the same Relight as you posted. I have tried it before. But it yust doesn't work. Never mind, I can play Skyrim without relight. But it would be cool if they could work together. I never change mods, becouse I'm no moder or don't even know how to make them work together. I'm using TS5Edit just for cleaning dirty mods. Thanx anyway for help.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

can someone please reupload the dropbox file? i am searching desperately for it atm...

yeah, i was gonna try elfx and relight w/ that compat patch too...but can't find it.

tho maybe it's best, as i think i heard they weren't very compat even w/ that patch. may be why it's gone from all links

• 1 year later...