http://elderscrolls.wikia.com - BLOCKED

Trueblue1878

doesn't matter where you live, why should the entire world have to suffer because of this protest? But as usual time has to stop when Americans want to be heard. Wikipedia isn't even an American site, it was created by a Brit.. so its even more stupid. Is he gunna take his site down everytime a country passes a law like this? I don't think so..

If there was a way non-Americans could actually HELP then I would be all for it but its ridiculous, they haven't even given an option for non-Americans to express their views yet force the entire world to see that page?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The amusing thing about all this is that the Congress people they're trying to influence are not going to be phased by it. The only thing those guys respond to are actual hand written letters, phone calls to their offices, and PERSONALIZED emails various benefit packages from lobby groups including large corporations that want to enforce their interests at all costs.

Here. Fixed it for you.

doesn't matter where you live, why should the entire world have to suffer because of this protest? But as usual time has to stop when Americans want to be heard. Wikipedia isn't even an American site, it was created by a Brit.. so its even more stupid. Is he gunna take his site down everytime a country passes a law like this? I don't think so..

If there was a way non-Americans could actually HELP then I would be all for it but its ridiculous, they haven't even given an option for non-Americans to express their views yet force the entire world to see that page?

Because this bill passing could affect the entire world.

Well said, I agree although I think it will atleast make more Americans aware of the bill and annoy them enough to affect the votes?

First of all WTF its not a warez or any other piracy site

Second WTF I am in the UK???

It's ignorant uninformed website operators who are overreacting to something they haven't got the first clue about. By tomorrow, it'll all be over.

The amusing thing about all this is that the Congress people they're trying to influence are not going to be phased by it. The only thing those guys respond to are actual hand written letters, phone calls to their offices, and PERSONALIZED emails. Not mass petitions. I'd wager all the mass petitions are filtered at their spam walls. They're in no danger of getting booted from office, and the only reason the White House came out against the bill is because it's an election year where the president is going to lose, and lose badly.

wait a minute, SOPA didnt pass yet right ? so whats that picture the op posted ?

/facepalm

Its a message the wiki owner put up to protest SOPA, its a joke version of he actual thing and if you click on it it takes you to a site that details SOPa and how much it sucks.

Read the thread before you respond.

Edited by sajuukkhar9000

a) Because there are international treaties and organisatins, and they tend to look to us politics more than others

b) Wikipedia servers are in the US. So get over it.

wait a minute, SOPA didnt pass yet right ? so whats that picture the op posted ?

/facepalm

Its a message the wiki owner put up to protest SOPA, its a joke version of he actual thing and if you click on it it takes you to a site that details SOPa and how much it sucks.

Alright bro no need to go all "jerk-mode engage" on me, geez

It seemed weird that i just happened to me right now, i was about to lose it since im not in the US.

Yes I initially had the same reaction. I just think its kind of pointless making the whole world see it when we can't even do anything to help.

@faith - I think any treaties and organisations will have been well informed about this by now. The only thing this is doing is pissing off the public of the rest of the world who can't do anything about it.

/facepalm

It seemed weird that i just happened to me right now, i was about to lose it since im not in the US.

Yes I initially had the same reaction. I just think its kind of pointless making the whole world see it when we can't even do anything to help.

@faith - I think any treaties and organisations will have been well informed about this by now. The only thing this is doing is pissing off the public of the rest of the world who can't do anything about it.

/facepalm

Id rate anyones freedom over a little gaming related erudite anytime, it pies you off? get your priorities right. Take a look how your country takes On this, the EU for example recently passed a very similar bill.