If you had to raise a sword for a city....

SubjectProphet

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MMM difficult choice...I like how Bethesda has given each city a completely different feel to it.

I'd have to say Whiterun though...it might not have the best houses or coolest walls or palaces or architecture, but the fact that Dragonsreach looks so much like Meduseld while the tree in the Cloud district is so clearly influenced by the White Tree of Gondor is just magical to me.

Speaking of Hjerim, I think you'll be delighted (as I am) to know that patch 1.4 will fix the issue of Hjerim cleaning up properly! Finally my enchanting laboratory won't look like a vampire's garbage bin anymore! At least I hope it won't:).

I like the Armory in Hjerim. It's too bad you don't get to have an Armory in Proudspire manor as well. If it were me, I'd put the Alchemy lab in the room in the basement with the straw bed (where my wife Niranye sleeps for some reason, can't get her to come sleep in the main bed with me:( ), remove a decorative wall in there and make an armory of that whole space with a total of 4 mannequins at least and many more weapon racks.

morthal and dawnsatr! since nobody else want to fight for morthal and they have a stinky jarl so when i fight i become a hero and i become the jarl! and because its the least favorite town in game and dawnstar because of dark brother hood sanctuary there it feels like home to me. screw every where else (except whiterun and solitude)

I've got two choices. Morthal or Winterhold.

Morthal, as I happen to have made a home in Alva's house, and the folk have some personality.

Winterhold, as the people are just so damn plum-dumb out of luck. If they were attacked, they'd need some protectin'. And the attitude of that lady person who gave me that claw for dirt-cheap shares the same as my current Dunmer, Mos'n. Ah, shame really. Haven't been to Winterhold with that character yet XD

Imperial City or Vivec. Any settlement in Skyrim is only a larger village compared to those, don't even have a sewer system.

Solitude, Riften, and Whiterun all have sewage systems.>_>

Id have to go with Whiterun. Perfect place for a smith such as myself.