Modding Armor for CHSBHC BBP tutorial for 3ds max

CherryHotaling

LOVE THE TUTORIAL! THANK YOU SO MUCH!

I have done maybe 10 or so conversions with this tutorial and some turn out perfect with no issues at all and others just don't. I cant figure out on the ones that dont work what the problem is.

the ones that dont work vary from a CTD to the clothes or armor being all black like it has no texture.

the CTD's i can make go away by deleting the nialphaproperty but then it is all black. when i past the alpha from the original it CTD's again.

any help would be appreciated. i can post screenshots of my nifskope if you need it.

Edited by alex61821

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a question....

I am trying to edit one of the TERA mods that exist outside of this site to use your body. The problem is that when I try to edit the vertexes, the entire armor pops out. It will pop back in after I deselect the vertexes.

Why the heck is this happening? This makes editing the armor impossible because I don't know where the armor will pop back into after the vertexes are deselected.

I have the same problem like nbbh1510, exactly with those Tera armors (for personal use only).

Every time i click the editable mesh (in the very beginning of the adjusting) the armor pops out. I try with another body but the same thing.

Is there a way to prevent this?

When I export the meshes without editing them it works fine. But the moment I move a vertice, or delete a face, the export would crash MAX.

if you delete a face or change the vertex count you will crash. You are changing the UV and the mappings etc if you delete verticies.

If you move them thats fine it should work as long as you have the BSDismember modifier that was on the mesh when you imported it.

• 4 weeks later...

@Cherry Hotaling

Hi Cherry!!!

Another noob modder here. Love your Tutorial. I have a 2 part problem. I read through this thread to try and find some answers, sorry in advance if i missed anything.

"Meshed Up , Exploding Vertices" - I read your Q&A on vertex counts and yeah I think I deleted some stray elements from the original mesh for xxx_1.nif. Is it worth trying to remember what I deleted and do the same for xxx_0.nif, or should I just start over? In the future I will use your tip and just work off of the converted _0 mesh instead of re-importing from scratch.

Dark Shader Output - I see that others are having similar problems, but I don't see any solutions (again sorry if I missed something). One person posted that they had no texture detail at all. I don't know if that is factually correct but my problem is it's just really dark. In the brightest light you can see the normal maps and texture details. I gather this has something to do with the copy paste operation from nifskope but I have no idea what to do about it.

Thank You for all your contributions.

z3nb4st4rd