30-40 fps within central Boston with a GTX 1080 Intel i7 6700K. Help is very much appreciated.

Murkrow900

@purr4me

Dude? Seriously? If I didn't know better I would swear you are using something like Google Translate. Besides that, you should not be giving out fixes or advice unless you can type it in a way that anyone ELSE can read it AND understand what you are saying. A LOT of what you said in your post makes absolutely NO sense at all, and this is why I suspect you are using something like Google translate.

Murkrow already stated that he is not familiar with modding and the steps you told him to do are NOT for beginners, which essentially what he is.

Englsh is my third language, after Flemish and French and I don't have a problem understanding what purr4me writes down, nor what she means, despite me also not being too informed about the intricacies of modding. The frame loss is thanks to the game and how bad it is optimised. No fiddling with ini files will change that. What purr4me does is go to the root of a problem, deeper than what superficial placebo files can do...

It is not because you don't understand somthing that it doesn't make any sense...

Look into your Fallout.ini and FalloutCustom.ini

Its related to that setting.

If you remove this ini tweak, the mod will only work for about 50%. It combines meshes into one and those can't be scrapped with the build system in Fallout 4

Edit:

Take a look at your Data Folder, maybe there is an "Scrap Everything.ini"

It does overwrite your ini settings.

Spring Cleaning does also the same.

Edited by Zzyxzz

Look into your Fallout.ini and FalloutCustom.ini

Its related to that setting.

If you remove this ini tweak, the mod will only work for about 50%. It combines meshes into one and those can't be scrapped with the build system in Fallout 4

Edit:

Take a look at your Data Folder, maybe there is an "Scrap Everything.ini"

It does overwrite your ini settings.

Spring Cleaning does also the same.

Thanks again Zzyxzz for your response. Okay I've looked around thoroughly and it is nowhere to be found as seen in the Inis I have provided in this post as well. Maybe I should just remove that mod completely and see if that makes any difference. Appreciate your help. Hopefully together we can get to the root of this.

@purr4me

Dude? Seriously? If I didn't know better I would swear you are using something like Google Translate. Besides that, you should not be giving out fixes or advice unless you can type it in a way that anyone ELSE can read it AND understand what you are saying. A LOT of what you said in your post makes absolutely NO sense at all, and this is why I suspect you are using something like Google translate.

Murkrow already stated that he is not familiar with modding and the steps you told him to do are NOT for beginners, which essentially what he is.

Englsh is my third language, after Flemish and French and I don't have a problem understanding what purr4me writes down, nor what she means, despite me also not being too informed about the intricacies of modding. The frame loss is thanks to the game and how bad it is optimised. No fiddling with ini files will change that. What purr4me does is go to the root of a problem, deeper than what superficial placebo files can do...

It is not because you don't understand somthing that it doesn't make any sense...

What Grom meant to say was probably that there is no point in discussing these things as they are way above what is asked for here. And just blaming poor coding and bad game developing for the games poor performance isn't helpful. I'm well aware how Bethesda leaves stuff unfinished but that's why modding exists and why it's so awesome here at the Nexus. It's really nice that you can understand whatever Purr4me was saying but for me it's basically trying to understand chinese when you're japanese, i get the general idea but it's all just a blurr. About performance and the goal of the post. I had this problem way back in Skyrim as well (with a much inferior system compared to what I have now) and eventually after troubleshooting and discussing stuff with seasoned modders i ended up with the performance that I wanted. And that game was just as poorly optimized as Fallout 4 if not more so. Things can be sacrificed for performance and some things much more easily than others since some things might not be so essential or possibly even pointless since at times you install things you didn't properly understand(which i might have even though I try my best to not do just that). Which is essentially what this post is for. To see if you guys(and girls!) the pros got some insight on what might be a good idea to remove or tweak or maybe even add. Thanks for your input however. Hopefully you'll continue contributing to this post. Need all the help I can get. Best regards, Murk =).

Edited by Murkrow900

I have a very similar system setup to you (except I have a GTX 1070), and was also experiencing massive performance drops in central Boston, specifically around Goodneighbor and Old North Church. I'd go from a solid 61 FPS to 20-30. I tried every ini trick and settings adjustment imaginable. Turns out the problem was a mod, one I noticed you also have enabled.

Try uninstalling Fallout 4 HD Reworked Project Revised by Halk_Hogan_PL (hdreworkedprojectrevised.esp). I can't promise it will work, but it's worth a shot. :)

I have a very similar system setup to you (except I have a GTX 1070), and was also experiencing massive performance drops in central Boston, specifically around Goodneighbor and Old North Church. I'd go from a solid 61 FPS to 20-30. I tried every ini trick and settings adjustment imaginable. Turns out the problem was a mod, one I noticed you also have enabled.
Try uninstalling Fallout 4 HD Reworked Project Revised by Halk_Hogan_PL (hdreworkedprojectrevised.esp). I can't promise it will work, but it's worth a shot. :smile:

Wow... You are AMAZING! That was it! Removed and now the game runs great going 60+ (and 70+ when enboost is disabled) within boston. Thanks so much! This is why I love the Nexus! Different people with lots of different experiences. Thanks to everyone that took time out of their day/night to help a stranger. And special thanks to you Rykea :).

Try uninstalling Fallout 4 HD Reworked Project Revised by Halk_Hogan_PL (hdreworkedprojectrevised.esp). I can't promise it will work, but it's worth a shot. :smile:

Wow... You are AMAZING! That was it! Removed and now the game runs great going 60+ (and 70+ when enboost is disabled) within boston. Thanks so much! This is why I love the Nexus! Different people with lots of different experiences. Thanks to everyone that took time out of their day/night to help a stranger. And special thanks to you Rykea :smile:.

So glad it worked! :)

The fix lies within the Config and it's no walk in the park finding the exact perfect settings for all systems. Considering your system is unreal try out some of my Configs here... See what works... I'm sure one of them will turn that 40fps in 200fps... Couldn't hurt to try?

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/21470/?tab=2&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Ffallout4%2Fajax%2Fmodfiles%2F%3Fid%3D21470&pUp=1

Edited by chris1892006