Brynjolf frocing me to join thieves guild....

diamonddragoniori

I took InuyashaFE's advice.....

saw him coming towards me..click and disable....well worth it....

now i just hope it doesn't come back to bite me in the from of some bugged quests....

Earlier on in the game she did chat w/Brynjolf and he tried to get her to steal for him and my goodie-two-shoes Sionid told him 'no way' in her best shocked voicetone - he said he was mistaken as he had taken her for "that sort" (likely due to her very high sneak skill-lol-which is not necessarily proof of being a thieving type! Just a very cautious and careful type 8) ) and he backed off and never approached her again. So there are ways to not be forced into the thieves guild if it's not to your taste.

Maybe its related to how you deal with the riften gate guard as you enter riften for the first time.... :confused:

Edited by diamonddragoniori

I was not happy about being forced into the theives guild neither. Only if I knew away around it, before I did it, I would had done it. Sure you have the option to say. "What break the law." and he leaves you alone. But dureing quest lines you and Bryniolf will cross paths often. I found out the hard way he can not be killed. The only good thing you get out of being in the theives guild, is some special armor that is not from the theives guild(do not want to spoil the name of the armor) but even then, after you got the armor, and after all you did for the guild, they still act like you done nothing at all, and the key NPC's are still constantly asking you to do jobs for them. Brynoilf does not acknowledge you anymore. All he keeps saying is:" Not now lad, I get a lot of things to do." Although I can see he is doing nothing at all. STOP THE INSANITY!

I can not count how many times certain jobs where the same jobs over and over, I forged many of the same documents over and over, and I stole many of the three goods Vex makes you steal over and over, Is there ever an end to these pointless jobs? Same with the DB I can not count how many times I had to kill the beutiful Barbarian girl in the Iverstead over, and over. What are the rest of the Theives guild NPC's doing? How come they are always their? How come I am the only one doing stuff for the guild? The NPC's that disrepected you from the begining of the guild, will always disrespect you, no matter what you do for them. Vex is getting on my nerves, she acts like her shiat don't stink, who does she think she is dealing with? I can FusRahDa her and Dirge to pieces, if the game allowed me to.

BTW: Nazir in the Dark Brotherhood, uses Three dogs voice, and General Telius use Doc Mitchels voice. If yall are familiar with the Fallout Franchise. Just wanted to point that out.

You can also talk to the bar owner in the Bee and Barb (the argonian guy) who will point you towards the Ratway.

But yeah, quests are too hamfisted in Skyrim. Especially the mariage proposal.

"So you're interested in me?"

"Yes, and you"

"Yes"

"MARRIED TOMORROW"

uh... but when I say interested I mean as a mule...

I like stealing from/killing people, I don't like getting thugs sent after me when nobody saw me. Seriously, do the guards or mages have some secret "DNA TRACE" spell? Wdf... :ohdear:

On the same subject, I think it's way too hard to avoid joining a guild, way too easy to become leader of the guild, and way too.... unimmersive to be leader of a guild. Most you get are some snide "How may I serve you, my listener?" And "Greetings, Arch-mage." Really? How did the previous Arch-mage's work keep him" Extremely busy"?

Bethesda needs to rethink their guilds.

Had to comment on this one 'cause I actually began this quest and quickly saw that this wasn't the right path for my current character. "Strong arming" weak people isn't my thing. I actually lost a lot of game time restarting from a much older save. :sad:

You can also talk to the bar owner in the Bee and Barb (the argonian guy) who will point you towards the Ratway.

But yeah, quests are too hamfisted in Skyrim. Especially the mariage proposal.

"So you're interested in me?"

"Yes, and you"

"Yes"

"MARRIED TOMORROW"

uh... but when I say interested I mean as a mule...

Had to laugh. The first time this happened to me it was a guy and I had no idea what he meant until further into the conversation :sick: Got no prob with gay but I isn't.

Edited by Sergeant Rock

On ps3 and PC, I just went to sewers and talk to Doorman (who you can ask about his name and get free booze) he'll update quest log.

And it seems talking to most of NPC's down there can point you in right way.

I was pretty mad 1st time... i didn't want nothing to do with that guy. (On Ps3 he invincible...which made getting my revenge...sad)