Skyrim level scaling?

daekness

While I was bored, I messed around with the console and found out that my Nightingale armour and the nightingale weapons are level scaled. :confused: This makes me sad because even though not every quest reward is level scaled, there are some cool items which are. Chillrend, Dragonbane, Nightingale Blade, Mage's circlet to name a few. :sad:

Now imgagine following:

You dont have level scaled items anymore. You do the Thiefes Guild Quest or DB or whatever aaaaand ... get totaly overpowered items just because you finished it at lvl, lets say 5 and those items are supposed for characters around lvl 15 or 20 or whatever.

Want Level restrictions?

Now imgagine following:

You dont have level scaled items anymore. You do the Thiefes Guild Quest or DB or whatever aaaaand ... get totaly overpowered items just because you finished it at lvl, lets say 5 and those items are supposed for characters around lvl 15 or 20 or whatever.

Want Level restrictions?

Let's take a look at this from the other direction....

Loot/mobs AREN'T level scaled, so, you go off on some high zoot mission, only to discover that the boss you need to rip off/kill/get past, is significantly higher level than you, and easily whacks you dead in one or two hits......

Some quests would REQUIRE that you be higher level to have any hope of completing them, as opposed to being able to do anything at level one.

There is a video on youtube of a guy doing the entire mainquest for Oblivion, at level 1.....

Edited by HeyYou

Higher quality weapons and armor for higher levels. It makes it so that you can't have end game gear at level 1. Why is that bad?

Because it means you have to wait for getting better equipment before finishing the quest. Its also highly unrealistic, why should the same reward be magically better depending on you?

The basic problem they have is, the you and the whole game scales too much and they try to fix to symptoms. If for example on the cap you would 3-5 times as strong as in the beginning, there wouldn't be so much need to scale-fix everything. Currently I don't know its hard to say summed all up, you end up 100 times as strong? 1000? ... Its just out of proportion IMHO.

ok the whole leveling problem for me is this you walking down the road at a good level the "bandits" have fur and maybe iron.............. now you hit the magic level and they are wearing dwemer and ebony????????? this is the same guy that last week tried to kill me for 10 gold now I should kill him and start robbing the robbers they have better gear..... how many street criminals have expensive cars and houses ????? none thats why they common criminals... It just seems stupid to have someone that loaded to come after me for 10 gold... sorry just a pet peave of mine. A common street bandit should NOT go over the level of furs or iron... also sounds lie you want the Quest award leveler from Oblivion... wait for it Im sure someone will make it Edited by Ricksnowy