Skyrim UI

ClanRanald21

Hi guys, I have played Oblivion for over a decade because I love it so. But Skyrim, the UI, is dysfunctional, de-ranged and not fit for purpose! I have played for one hour now and feel like I can't be bothered because there is nothing to hand! where is my sword? where is a healing potion? where in fact is anything? This is one f*#@ed up game of a genre!

Thanks guys for your replies, I have downloaded Sky UI and will give it a lash! I feel my original post was maybe a bit dramatic, but going from Oblivion to Skyrim vanilla UI, was like having your keyboard language switch from English/US to ancient Hebrew! Or is it, I have played Oblivion for too long? Thanks.

A bit of column A and B I'd say. Yeah, you'll love SkyUI. And even better news. The Silverlock team is working on 64bit versions of both SKSE and SkyUI for the Special Edition of Skyrim. They plan on releasing betas sometime later this Spring.

And that reason has nothing to do with it being any better of a UI than vanilla, but rather because of the MCM menu that so many mods require.

It's true that SkyUI is really two mods in one and many people get it for the MCM feature, but it was already one of the most downloaded mods even before the MCM was added.

And that reason has nothing to do with it being any better of a UI than vanilla, but rather because of the MCM menu that so many mods require.

As of this post, SkyUI-Away, a fork designed by one of the SkyUI team members for those who just want MCM, has 179,473 total downloads. It does require SkyUI still to overlay on top of.

SkyUI itself? 14,486,608.

Two orders of magnitude more downloads. SkyUI-Away has ~1.2 % the total downloads of SkyUI.

So... not really.