ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Suggestions for getting dragons to land?

Lunytic

So the random dragons you run across... they only ever land if there are other humanoids in the area for me. Bandits, farmers, etc. I try to shoot 'em with my bow and I swear they do a 180 the second I release my shot. I use lighting spells and apparently they are too high and out of range. Is there anything that brings them down? I hate having them just fly away.

So the random dragons you run across... they only ever land if there are other humanoids in the area for me. Bandits, farmers, etc. I try to shoot 'em with my bow and I swear they do a 180 the second I release my shot. I use lighting spells and apparently they are too high and out of range. Is there anything that brings them down? I hate having them just fly away.

Some dragons don't actually attack and they just circle overhead until you hit them (you're the aggressor). Using dragonrend is the most effective way.

Really depends on location.

If Dragon has no "large spot" or registered location its allowed to land, it'll just circle intill you move to right spot, or just fly away.

Dawnstar Dragons do this a lot. If you move to outside of town (by caravans) or towards lake (beach area) this will trigger them to land on buildings.

a lot of ones out in wild wont land if your on to steep of a angle, to many trees. There are some assorted locations they can hover to range you.

I tested this out on Ps3, alittle bit on PC.

Once you figure out the locations they "can" land. You wont have one run away ever again. =3 And no more random arrow shots in the air!

Just go to right spot, and they'll come find you....and die horrid deaths by your hand!!! muahhahahhahaha!!!

Not every dragon is hostile towards you (at least not as long as no one attacks it), they wont attack by themselfes.

And to get dragons to land, that you already in fight with, make sure theres enough space nearby. Or just get Dragonrend, but be prepared for ... wired happenings.

I think it is cool if the dragon don't land and attack you on sight, which makes it a bit more realistic. When I see one, I set off as fast as I can in that direction and try to get its attention but sometimes it fails completely. At one point the dragon disappeared and at one points, some hostile NPC's killed it before I got close enough as I had to start fighting them instead. I love this with Skyrim, as fights, specially with dragons, are not always the same, even if some tidiness starts to show up. As I use Skyrim Wars III, there is a chance that I will end up in other fights instead of the dragon. :)

New playthrough, haven't reached that point in the game. Thanks for all the replies - in my experience though, open fields or wooded areas, the dragon won't land unless there's a pack of NPCs arounds (bandits, farmers, guards, stormcloaks, legion, justicar, etc) and then he lands to attack them. Just kinda frustrating (though I'm still at the point where I've overleveled crafting profs and under-leveled combat... so... dragon death is 100% dependent on how many potions I have in my pack. lol)