Update 1.4 Beta on Steam

vianns

Are you guys sure the CK is coming out with the final release of the patch? I hope you all a right. I'll be like some of the other old timers and hold off a few days to see what all transpires with the new patch and the much awaited release of the CK.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's what I've seen so far. I'm not running with any performance enhancers, obviously, since SKSE and scriptdragon are non-functional at this time, and I can live with that.

The view over whiterun was chugging along between 35 and 45 FPS as I pan, now I'm seeing a 58-60 FPS. OK, so far I'm impressed. I took some hits in the Rift with some quick pans during combat with all the visuals before the patch, now I'm seeing consistent 50-55 FPS. I installed the mod that takes the falling leaves down to a lower resolution, and was able to maintain 60 FPS trough the whole area. I'm running Ultra settings, BTW.

That was first run and I must say that they made some major improvements.

The next run was after I enabled a mod that causes cell load hiccups (Skyrim Wars III). This fills up the open area outside of Whiterun with a whole lot of baddies, so as you run through, it's loading up a ton of AI threads. I was getting my ass kicked if I ran too fast into a cell. Post patch, you get a slight cell pause, but once the cells loads, it runs fabulous. Prior to the patch, I would get spanked a little during combat, especially if the baddies are on fire, being shocked, shouted and beheaded and every once in a while, my CPU would suffer a floating point fart and cause a screen blackout until it caught up with my GPU. Granted, that may have more to do with the Nividia beta driver, but I didn't suffer a single one after clearing the whole area and that's even with a Dragon dropping on on the party while four pyromancers where fireballing the hell out of me (thank god for spellbreaker and fireresist amulet).

I am pleased. They listened. They took advantage of a whole bunch of smart gamers out there. The more eyes you put on a problem, the better chance you have of coming up with a solution. Expand the number of eyes to a massive and passionate gaming community, and you get lots of solutions and most likely, some options that they never would have thought of. Then you get guys like me who have no problems with backing up all their crap and taking a beta patch for a run.

Here's what I've seen so far. I'm not running with any performance enhancers, obviously, since SKSE and scriptdragon are non-functional at this time, and I can live with that.

The view over whiterun was chugging along between 35 and 45 FPS as I pan, now I'm seeing a 58-60 FPS. OK, so far I'm impressed. I took some hits in the Rift with some quick pans during combat with all the visuals before the patch, now I'm seeing consistent 50-55 FPS. I installed the mod that takes the falling leaves down to a lower resolution, and was able to maintain 60 FPS trough the whole area. I'm running Ultra settings, BTW.

The next run was after I enabled a mod that causes cell load hiccups (Skyrim Wars III). This fills up the open area outside of Whiterun with a whole lot of baddies, so as you run through, it's loading up a ton of AI threads. Once the cells loads, it runs fabulous. Prior to the patch, I would get spanked a little during combat, especially if the baddies are on fire, being shocked, shouted and beheaded and every once in a while, my CPU would suffer a floating point fart and cause a screen blackout until it caught up with my GPU. Granted, that may have more to do with the Nividia beta driver, but I didn't suffer a single one after clearing the whole area and that's even with a Dragon dropping on on the party while four pyromancers where fireballing the hell out of me (thank god for spellbreaker and fireresist amulet).

I am pleased. They listened. They took advantage of a whole bunch of smart gamers out there. The more eyes you put on a problem, the better chance you have of coming up with a solution. Expand the number of eyes to a massive and passionate gaming community, and you get lots of solutions and most likely, some options that they never would have thought of. Then you get guys like me who has no problem with backing up all their crap and taking a beta patch for a run.

You aren't helping my wait and see approach. :tongue:

Trying Out the New patch Now, Started a New Toon Runs OK BUT lod time's are a lot Longer and still Crashes to Desktop some times!

Ho and "Skyboost doesnt work anymore" Try Using "FPS Booster" May Help some.

Edited by Tom21

Okay, so far from what I have heard on the other forums it is all positive... well, not for me. My FPS is cut in half and my save game wont load up now. I am not using SKSE anymore and I took out my Skyboost files. I tried forcing AA and AF through my CCC settings like normal and it didn't work so I used the in game ones and it was just bad.

Is ANYONE else having horrid performance? Are there certain ini tweaks that conflict with the new beta patch?

Skyrim.ini

[General]

sLanguage=ENGLISH

ugridstoload=7

uExterior Cell Buffer=64

iPreloadSizeLimit=51380224

[Display]

fShadowLODMaxStartFade=1000.0

fSpecularLODMaxStartFade=2000.0

fLightLODMaxStartFade=3500.0

iShadowMapResolutionPrimary=4096

bAllowScreenshot=1

fSunShadowUpdateTime=0.000

fSunUpdateThreshold=0.100

fDefaultWorldFOV=78

fDefault1stPersonFOV=78

[Audio]

fMusicDuckingSeconds=6.0

fMusicUnDuckingSeconds=8.0

fMenuModeFadeOutTime=3.0

fMenuModeFadeInTime=1.0

[Grass]

bAllowCreateGrass=1

bAllowLoadGrass=0

[GeneralWarnings]

SGeneralMasterMismatchWarning=One or more plugins could not find the correct versions of the master files they depend on. Errors may occur during load or game play. Check the "Warnings.txt" file for more information.

[Archive]

sResourceArchiveList=Skyrim - Misc.bsa, Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Skyrim - Textures.bsa, Skyrim - Interface.bsa, Skyrim - Animations.bsa, Skyrim - Meshes.bsa, Skyrim - Sounds.bsa

sResourceArchiveList2=Skyrim - Voices.bsa, Skyrim - VoicesExtra.bsa

[Combat]

fMagnetismStrafeHeadingMult=0.0

fMagnetismLookingMult=0.0

[Papyrus]

fPostLoadUpdateTimeMS=500.0

bEnableLogging=0

bEnableTrace=0

bLoadDebugInformation=0

[Water]

bReflectLODObjects=1

bReflectLODLand=1

bReflectSky=1

bReflectLODTrees=1

[interface]

fSafeZoneX=15

fSafeZoneY=15

fSafeZoneXWide=15

fSafeZoneYWide=15

[MapMenu]

uLockedObjectMapLOD=8

uLockedTerrainLOD=8

fMapWorldMaxHeight=150000.0000

fMapWorldMinHeight=1500.0000

fMapWorldZoomSpeed=0.0800

SkyrimPrefs.ini

[General]

fBrightLightColorB=1.0000

fBrightLightColorG=1.0000

fBrightLightColorR=1.0000

iStoryManagerLoggingEvent=-1

bEnableStoryManagerLogging=0

[imagespace]

bDoDepthOfField=1

iRadialBlurLevel=2

[Display]

iBlurDeferredShadowMask=5

fInteriorShadowDistance=2500.0000

fShadowDistance=3000.0000

iShadowMapResolutionSecondary=2048

iShadowMapResolutionPrimary=4096

iShadowSplitCount=2

iMaxAnisotropy=16

fLeafAnimDampenDistEnd=4600.0000

fLeafAnimDampenDistStart=3600.0000

fTreesMidLODSwitchDist=5000.0000

fGamma=1.0000

fDecalLOD2=1500.0000

fDecalLOD1=1000.0000

fSpecularLODStartFade=2000.0000

fShadowLODStartFade=200.0000

fLightLODStartFade=3500.0000

iTexMipMapMinimum=0

iTexMipMapSkip=0

iWaterMultiSamples=4

iMultiSample=8

iShadowMode=3

bTreesReceiveShadows=1

bDrawLandShadows=1

bFull Screen=1

iSize H=1080

iSize W=1920

fMeshLODFadePercentDefault=1.2000

fMeshLODFadeBoundDefault=256.0000

fMeshLODLevel2FadeTreeDistance=2048.0000

fMeshLODLevel1FadeTreeDistance=2844.0000

fMeshLODLevel2FadeDist=10000000.0000

fMeshLODLevel1FadeDist=10000000.0000

iScreenShotIndex=2

bShadowMaskZPrepass=0

bMainZPrepass=0

iMaxSkinDecalsPerFrame=25

iMaxDecalsPerFrame=100

bFloatPointRenderTarget=0

sD3DDevice="AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series"

bFXAAEnabled=0

iShadowMapResolution=4096

fShadowBiasScale=0.2500

iShadowMaskQuarter=6

iAdapter=0

iPresentInterval=1

iShadowFilter=3

bTransparencyMultisampling=0

bDrawShadows=1

[Grass]

b30GrassVS=0

fGrassStartFadeDistance=14000.0000

fGrassMaxStartFadeDistance=7000.0000

fGrassMinStartFadeDistance=0.0000

[MAIN]

bGamepadEnable=1

bCrosshairEnabled=1

fHUDOpacity=1.0000

bSaveOnPause=1

bSaveOnTravel=1

bSaveOnWait=1

bSaveOnRest=1

fSkyCellRefFadeDistance=300000.0000

[GamePlay]

bShowFloatingQuestMarkers=1

bShowQuestMarkers=1

iDifficulty=2

[interface]

bDialogueSubtitles=0

bGeneralSubtitles=0

fMouseCursorSpeed=1.0000

bShowCompass=1

[Controls]

fGamepadHeadingSensitivity=1.0000

fMouseHeadingSensitivity=0.0125

bAlwaysRunByDefault=1

bInvertYValues=0

bGamePadRumble=1

bMouseAcceleration=1

[Particles]

iMaxDesired=750

[saveGame]

fAutosaveEveryXMins=15.0000

[AudioMenu]

fAudioMasterVolume=1.0000

fVal7=1.0000

uID7=0

fVal6=1.0000

uID6=0

fVal5=1.0000

uID5=0

fVal4=1.0000

uID4=0

fVal3=1.0000

uID3=94881

fVal2=0.4000

uID2=466532

fVal1=1.0000

uID1=554685

fVal0=0.8000

uID0=1007612

[Clouds]

fCloudLevel2Distance=262144.0000

fCloudLevel1Distance=32768.0000

fCloudLevel0Distance=16384.0000

fCloudNearFadeDistance=9000.0000

[TerrainManager]

fTreeLoadDistance=75000.0000

fBlockMaximumDistance=1000000.0000

fBlockLevel1Distance=280000.0000

fBlockLevel0Distance=140000.0000

fSplitDistanceMult=6.0000

bShowLODInEditor=0

[NavMesh]

fObstacleAlpha=0.5000

fCoverSideHighAlpha=0.8000

fCoverSideLowAlpha=0.6500

fEdgeFullAlpha=1.0000

fEdgeHighAlpha=0.7500

fEdgeLowAlpha=0.5000

fTriangleFullAlpha=0.7000

fTriangleHighAlpha=0.3500

fTriangleLowAlpha=0.2000

fLedgeBoxHalfHeight=25.0000

fEdgeDistFromVert=10.0000

fEdgeThickness=10.0000

fPointSize=2.5000

[Trees]

bRenderSkinnedTrees=1

uiMaxSkinnedTreesToRender=20

[Decals]

uMaxDecals=1000

bDecals=1

bSkinnedDecals=1

uMaxSkinDecals=100

uMaxSkinDecalsPerActor=60

[LOD]

fLODFadeOutMultObjects=15.0000

fLODFadeOutMultItems=15.0000

fLODFadeOutMultActors=15.0000

fLODFadeOutMultSkyCell=1.0000

[Launcher]

bEnableFileSelection=1

bShowAllResolutions=1

uLastAspectRatio=3

[blurShaderHDR]

bDoHighDynamicRange=1

[blurShader]

bUseBlurShader=0

[Water]

iWaterReflectHeight=1024

iWaterReflectWidth=1024

bUseWaterDisplacements=1

bUseWaterRefractions=1

bUseWaterReflections=1

bUseWaterDepth=1

Patch seems to be giving worse performance for me, Riften seems better, but Whiterun is back to the garbage bin as far as FPS goes, what gives?

I also noticed the horrid cell loading stutter mentioned a few posts above.

The next run was after I enabled a mod that causes cell load hiccups (Skyrim Wars III). This fills up the open area outside of Whiterun with a whole lot of baddies, so as you run through, it's loading up a ton of AI threads. I was getting my ass kicked if I ran too fast into a cell. Post patch, you get a slight cell pause, but once the cells loads, it runs fabulous. Prior to the patch, I would get spanked a little during combat, especially if the baddies are on fire, being shocked, shouted and beheaded and every once in a while, my CPU would suffer a floating point fart and cause a screen blackout until it caught up with my GPU. Granted, that may have more to do with the Nividia beta driver, but I didn't suffer a single one after clearing the whole area and that's even with a Dragon dropping on on the party while four pyromancers where fireballing the hell out of me (thank god for spellbreaker and fireresist amulet).

I am pleased. They listened. They took advantage of a whole bunch of smart gamers out there. The more eyes you put on a problem, the better chance you have of coming up with a solution. Expand the number of eyes to a massive and passionate gaming community, and you get lots of solutions and most likely, some options that they never would have thought of. Then you get guys like me who have no problems with backing up all their crap and taking a beta patch for a run.

Are you running 8x AA and 16x AF .. ?

Are you running 8x AA and 16x AF .. ?

Yes. I have an Intel i7, with two 470's SLI (2.8GB).