I'm in bits.

Marthos

Your dog Cookie sort of looks like my dog, Murry... (also a chocolate Labrador).

He had a pretty bad experience yesterday as a matter of fact. Me and a friend were swimming in the river near my place, while the dog systematically removed every rock in the river as is his want. Anyway, he suddenly started screaming and thrashing about near the bank, so we waded over quickly to see that he had gotten a large fish-hook caught in his paw. So anyway, Campbell, my friend, ran off to the nearest property to get some pliers we could get it out with, while I stayed behind with Murry, keeping his poor still and calming him down. He returned after 5 minutes and after a little bit of wriggling we got the hook out, as thankfully it didn't go all the way through. The moment we did however, the dog shot up, tested his paw out and then immediately got back to what he was doing haha.

Hope everything works out fine for your own dog. :)

Your dog Cookie sort of looks like my dog, Murry... (also a chocolate Labrador).

He had a pretty bad experience yesterday as a matter of fact. Me and a friend were swimming in the river near my place, while the dog systematically removed every rock in the river as is his want. Anyway, he suddenly started screaming and thrashing about near the bank, so we waded over quickly to see that he had gotten a large fish-hook caught in his paw. So anyway, Campbell, my friend, ran off to the nearest property to get some pliers we could get it out with, while I stayed behind with Murry, keeping his poor still and calming him down. He returned after 5 minutes and after a little bit of wriggling we got the hook out, as thankfully it didn't go all the way through. The moment we did however, the dog shot up, tested his paw out and then immediately got back to what he was doing haha.

Hope everything works out fine for your own dog. :)

Had a similar thing happen to us a while ago while on the beach (I live on the coast) but it was me that got the fish hook when I grabbed a stone to chuck for the dogs, it went in deep and I couldn't get the dratted thing out till I got home and attacked myself with a pair of long nose pliers.

Faye has a check up at the vets tonight and may be getting the drain tubes removed from the op site, which is good news as she being doing her damnedest to get at them and then complaining loudly when she doesn't succed because of the conehead collar, which I might add is currently being used to wreck the house now that she's a bit more mobile.

Have to wait till next week for test results on the tumors to see if they were malignant or benign, fingers and everything else crossed and hoping for good news on that one.

I better go and check what she's up to as I can't hear her clattering about which means she's asleep or trying to eat her bed.

Any updates here? How is Faye?

I have more sympathy for animals than I do for most people.......

Yup

She's currently laid flat on her back, all four legs in the air with an ice pack on her belly, been there for 20 minutes now.

At the vets last night for her check up, the vet said the wound looked a bit inflamed and to try and cool it with an ice pack or a bag of frozen peas, I thought Faye would be off like a shot as soon as she felt the cold of it but I was wrong and she loves it.

We're back at the vets tomorrow teatime to have the two drains removed from her abdomen which should make her more comfortable.

Biggest problem I've got is keeping her from charging about, she normally attacks life at full throttle and she's still trying to do so and I'm scared she's going to pull her stitches etc.

She'll be heading to sit at the door soon as my housemate is due in from his late shift shortly and she knows that means the treats tin will be opened and scooby snacks all round.

Looks like she's had enough of the ice pack as she's just stood up and brought it to me so I better go put it back in the freezer ready for next time.

If she thinks she's getting mollycoddled like this when she's better, she's got another thing coming but then again, I'm as soft as a brush so she probably will be.

Thanks again for the kind comments all.