SSE CTD on Save After Hours of Gameplay

squireoivanhoe

What did resaver tell you about your save?

Powersurge343 To start with, any mods that use SKSE64. It's in alpha, and is unsupported, and therefore unstable.

okay, but there are thousands of people using it and I have not found a single person with the problem I have.

True, but you never know which combination of factors might set something off. Looking through your modlist, I don't see any notorious bad actors. If you're taking a shot in the dark at which mods to remove, I would start with the ones that have a built in level of uncertainty.

Did you follow FNIS instructions per the documentation each time you installed a FNIS-dependent mod?

Turns out PC headtracking was causing my issue. Thanks for the help though!

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What did resaver tell you about your save?

Powersurge343 To start with, any mods that use SKSE64. It's in alpha, and is unsupported, and therefore unstable.

okay, but there are thousands of people using it and I have not found a single person with the problem I have.

True, but you never know which combination of factors might set something off. Looking through your modlist, I don't see any notorious bad actors. If you're taking a shot in the dark at which mods to remove, I would start with the ones that have a built in level of uncertainty.

Did you follow FNIS instructions per the documentation each time you installed a FNIS-dependent mod?

Turns out PC headtracking was causing my issue. Thanks for the help though!

That's great! I'm glad that your issue got solved.

Hi, I'm having the same issue, I can't save in anyway possible or else the game CTD

Someone said it started happening after the battle of fort sungrad, and guess what, the same thing is happening for me, it started after it, Ulfric gave me the order to take morthal and now the game crash on saving

also need to mension that I had the same issue a few months ago and it started happening during the liberation of markarth, I remember it well because I found the falmer blood I needed for septimus near the stormcloak's camp, the game started the crashes on saving when I fast traveled to septimus outpost

In both cases I was doing the civil war because I was at the point where I had to capture the dragon in dragonsreach and I didn't want to make a temporary peace.

Between those 2 cases and before it happened the first time, I finished the civil war multiple times but I think all these times I wasn't doing the main quest whatsoever.

This just started happening to me after only 40 hours. I don't have vary many mods at all, only about 12 or so and ReSaver says I have 4 active scripts running, nothing to clean and I did not add mods as I went along.

Tried renaming the TmP to Ess, tried doing player.kill and nothing helps.

It started after coming back from a break. Before i quit I walked into an area, went through a few doors and got a few items, then left out of those same doors. This created FOUR different saves, including the manual save I made before exiting the game.

What this means is there are 3 saves that completed just fine when they were first created, INSIDE this window of CTD that I am now in. I have tried loading each individual autosave that occurred upon exiting each door and none of them will allow a save after loading. I am leaving through the same doors, carrying the same items with the same buffs etc.

If the 4 saves completed normally before, why can't they now? I have tried reloading a 20+ hour old save and it works, and started a new game entirely and it works as well so it's not a sudden change in my PC.

Guess I had fun playing.

Edited by Zilla5k5

Hi, I'm having the same issue, I can't save in anyway possible or else the game CTD

Someone said it started happening after the battle of fort sungrad, and guess what, the same thing is happening for me, it started after it, Ulfric gave me the order to take morthal and now the game crash on saving

also need to mension that I had the same issue a few months ago and it started happening during the liberation of markarth, I remember it well because I found the falmer blood I needed for septimus near the stormcloak's camp, the game started the crashes on saving when I fast traveled to septimus outpost

In both cases I was doing the civil war because I was at the point where I had to capture the dragon in dragonsreach and I didn't want to make a temporary peace.

Between those 2 cases and before it happened the first time, I finished the civil war multiple times but I think all these times I wasn't doing the main quest whatsoever.

Hi MrDaedra01. Did you try the mentioned fix?

This just started happening to me after only 40 hours. I don't have vary many mods at all, only about 12 or so and ReSaver says I have 4 active scripts running, nothing to clean and I did not add mods as I went along.

Tried renaming the TmP to Ess, tried doing player.kill and nothing helps.

It started after coming back from a break. Before i quit I walked into an area, went through a few doors and got a few items, then left out of those same doors. This created FOUR different saves, including the manual save I made before exiting the game.

What this means is there are 3 saves that completed just fine when they were first created, INSIDE this window of CTD that I am now in. I have tried loading each individual autosave that occurred upon exiting each door and none of them will allow a save after loading. I am leaving through the same doors, carrying the same items with the same buffs etc.

If the 4 saves completed normally before, why can't they now? I have tried reloading a 20+ hour old save and it works, and started a new game entirely and it works as well so it's not a sudden change in my PC.

Guess I had fun playing.

Hi Zilka5k5.

First, what are your twelve mods? For me it was a specific mod, rather than a lot of mods.

Second, just because a save completes doesn't mean that it's free of the issue. If you feel like digging through my earlier posts, you can see that this problem slowly and sneakily accrues over time until it reaches some critical mass, which is by no means a fixed point.

Third, in Resaver did you have both no unattached scripts AND no unattached instances?

I've used fallrim, FNIS and what not to fix this issue without success

also the first time it happened to me, I had a bug before the endless crashes started where my lantern from wearable lantern wouldn't turn on/off the light, I cleaned my save with fallrim (which fixed the issue) then the crashes started happening a few hours of gameplay later (it was before SKSE alpha)

That said though, when it happened when I posted on monday I didn't notice any sort of script issues or lag at all

Edited by MrDaedra01