ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

CTD in Home Sweet Home when activating workshop

num1sailingnut

Hi all,

The title says nearly everything.

I am trying to capture my 1st settlement for the raiders in the home sweet home quest. I persuaded the settlers to leave and when I try to craft the flag, I get a CTD when activating the workshop.

I have tried disabling nearly every mod that might have some interaction. Here's the list of mods I have installed and the ones struck through are ones that I have tried disabling. Am I missing one that could interact that I didn't try disabling?

• Perk Magazine Material Fix (v1.0)
  • Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch (v2.0.0)
  • Rich Merchants (v1.1)
  • Everyone's Best Friend (v2.0.0)
  • Lush Landscapes - Dried Edition (v2.0)
  • WET (v1.73)
  • ETSGS (v1.2)
  • Nuka-World Map With Marked Locations (v1.2)
  • Shaikujin's Better Warning for settlements being attacked (v5.1)
  • Vault 1080 (v15)
  • Bhaal's Better Sorting (v5.32)
  • Clean Power Armor HUD (v1.1b)
  • Color Map 4K with Locations (v2.0)
  • Configurable New Dialog (v0.7)
  • DEF_UI (v1.4.0)
  • Achievements (v1.0.4)

Thanks in advance for any and all help!

Edited by Sailing_Nut

Try without DEF_UI. Also, if that list is also your load order, then the Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch is sitting in the wrong spot. It's an .esm and should be loaded before all esp files. If you have any DLC, then the UF4P must be loaded right after all the DLC...

• 3 weeks later...

Try without DEF_UI. Also, if that list is also your load order, then the Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch is sitting in the wrong spot. It's an .esm and should be loaded before all esp files. If you have any DLC, then the UF4P must be loaded right after all the DLC...

Thanks for the suggestion!

I was JUST able to get back to this and with Def_UI disabled I get a CTD when loading my save. If I re-enable it, I can load the save but still CTD when activating the workshop.

The order of plugins I listed above is incorrect. The unofficial fallout 4 patch is the first thing loaded after the main game and all of the DLC. I did notice one thing when running LOOT and that is that LOOT shows the unofficial patch as being an esp not esm.

Here is my load order as shown by LOOT:

0  0 Fallout4.esm
 1  1 DLCRobot.esm
 2  2 DLCworkshop01.esm
 3  3 DLCCoast.esm
 4  4 DLCworkshop02.esm
 5  5 DLCworkshop03.esm
 6  6 DLCNukaWorld.esm
 7  7 Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch.esp
      DLCUltraHighResolution.esm
 8  8 WET.esp
 9  9 WET Clearer.esp
10  a EveryonesBestFriend.esp
11  b RichMerchants.esp
12  c Perk Magazine Material Fix.esp
13  d Lush Landscapes.esp
14  e UNnaked Power Armor.esp
15  f SkjAlert_All_DLC.esp
16 10 nvvault1080.esp
17 11 BBS000-F04-MANDATORY-CVCW-DEF_UI.esp
One thing that I think could be causing a problem is the DLCUltraHighResolution.esm. I realize it's not being loaded, but when I saw that there it rang a bell and I seem to remember downloading that around the time the problem started.
The only problem is I'm not sure how to completely remove that from the files.
I also tried having LOOT sort my plugins and I still have the same problem. Here's the sorted order:
 0  0 Fallout4.esm
 1  1 DLCRobot.esm
 2  2 DLCworkshop01.esm
 3  3 DLCCoast.esm
 4  4 DLCworkshop02.esm
 5  5 DLCworkshop03.esm
 6  6 DLCNukaWorld.esm
 7  7 Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch.esp
      DLCUltraHighResolution.esm
 8  8 WET Clearer.esp
 9  9 EveryonesBestFriend.esp
10  a RichMerchants.esp
11  b Perk Magazine Material Fix.esp
12  c Lush Landscapes.esp
13  d UNnaked Power Armor.esp
14  e SkjAlert_All_DLC.esp
15  f nvvault1080.esp
16 10 WET.esp
17 11 BBS000-F04-MANDATORY-CVCW-DEF_UI.esp

So I found the CTD cure all thread and tried the first few steps (disable all mods and delete any extraneous folders) and that worked!

I also noticed a small side-effect where my UI after the initial game load where you can select new game or continue is different. Previously it had very small text and how it ms much more readable. I had played with some other UI mods for triple wide screen and there must have been some leftover "gunk." It's really odd because it has been this way for a LONG time while I have played and it just caught up with me.

Many thinks to @BlindLookout for the great thread and what I am sure was a LOT of time spent banging a head against the wall to figure it all out!