UX/UI Designer needed for NMM v2.0

TheTokenGeek

Last month, we put a news post onto the site giving everyone an update as to the current state of Nexus Mod Manager version 2 and at the bottom of this news post we advertised a contract position for a UX/UI Designer. Despite receiving a number of applications, we have yet to find the individual who we believe can help us to create an intuitive, yet powerful piece of software. We are looking first and foremost at recruiting a member of our community who has the skills and abilities listed below to steer the interface design over the next few months.

This position will entail approximately 10-15 hours of work a week on a freelance paid contract basis (to be negotiated), you will be working closely with the Nexus Mod Manager v2 development team via our team Slack.

Details on how to apply are below.

UX/UI Designer

This particular role will require the applicant to have an understanding of design principles, user personas and of course, the various current mod tools that are available to users.

Responsibilities:

• - Work with our team to create the UI for our new 'Mod Manager' from wireframe to implementation.
  • - Provide visuals such as concepts and journey flows.
  • - Provide advice and ideas to enhance the User Experience.
  • - Provide own ideas while also adhering to team requirements.
  • - Produce HTML and CSS for primary interface and additional themes.

Requirements:

• - A team player with a sense of humour
  • - Previous professional experience within a UI/UX position.
  • - A thorough understanding of how a user interface is essential to a smooth user experience.
  • - Excellent knowledge of HTML, CSS and Javascript - including experience with either SASS or LESS.
  • - Be an expert of known design packages such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator or Sketch and prototyping tools such as Balsamiq, Marvel or Invisionapp.
  • - Excellent organisational skills.
  • - Strong communication skills both verbally and written (English).

Preferred:

• - Experience with React
  • - Experience with Bootstrap
  • - Lives in Europe, east coast US or similar time zone.

To Apply:

In order to apply, please send an email to [email protected] detailing why you would be suitable for the role, attached to this email we would also like:

• - Your up to date CV / Resume 
  • - A quick (no more than a couple of hours) wireframe, sketch or mockup example of your vision for the 'Mod Page' in the mod manager. The "Mod page" is the page that displays all the mods the user currently has installed or downloaded (the mods tab in NMM). 

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you do not end up finding that person, maybe you could recreate the look of NMM (most people are familiar with this except the diehard few who insist on a manual transmission - you know who you are: you are wearing a 'no-ease of use' T-shirt) with a wizard app added for the Mod Organizer 3.0 features. A PDF file with a description, examples, and pictures of each feature would be nice as well. Best wishes.

Mod Organizer UI is very intuitive for me. But maybe thats because i discovered the APP via gophers tutorial for it. My friend seemed to learn modding with it pretty quickly though, much faster than he would with NMM as the mistakes he made didnt require him to reinstall his entire game, and he didn't have to start from scratch with the mods either (thanks to MO) Edited by YngvieMalmsteen

In response to post #48196397.

YngvieMalmsteen wrote: Mod Organizer UI is very intuitive for me. But maybe thats because i discovered the APP via gophers tutorial for it. My friend seemed to learn modding with it pretty quickly though, much faster than he would with NMM as the mistakes he made didnt require him to reinstall his entire game, and he didn't have to start from scratch with the mods either (thanks to MO)

The hardest part of MO's UI is just getting used to the concept of changing your mods' installation order... without installing them in that order. Beyond that, you can use it just as simply as you would NMM. Edited by lued123

In response to post #48195362.

lxndr wrote: Thank goodness people stop talking about the name! :)

NMM2 was (and as far as we know, still is?) a placeholder name. I agree that it seems likely it'll stick, but there isn't any actual confirmation that I'm aware of.