Mass Effect Andromeda Modding

Kezriak

I managed to get some of the Frostbite 3 Editor tools working for Andromeda but so far I can only do re-textures. Still playing with the meshes.

what tool? Can you send a link to a download? I *have* to fix hair and eye textures :O

I'm guessing it's this tool https://greydynamics.github.io/Frostbite3_Editor/ but I haven't been able to get it to work for me.

saw that one too, and I can't get it to work either :(

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I managed to get some of the Frostbite 3 Editor tools working for Andromeda but so far I can only do re-textures. Still playing with the meshes.

what tool? Can you send a link to a download? I *have* to fix hair and eye textures :O

I'm guessing it's this tool https://greydynamics.github.io/Frostbite3_Editor/ but I haven't been able to get it to work for me.

saw that one too, and I can't get it to work either :sad:

I can get the editor to run by using binary_build.jar instead of run_binary.bat, but that's as far as I've gone, haven't had much time to investigate further...not that I'm smart enough to actually figure out how to use it.

I can get the editor to run by using binary_build.jar instead of run_binary.bat, but that's as far as I've gone, haven't had much time to investigate further...not that I'm smart enough to actually figure out how to use it.

where can I find that file? It isn't in my folder :sad: EDIT: Nevermind :P

Edited by Cullenite

That one is for Battlefield 4. There is another that is modified to work for Dragon Age Inquisition. This one will be for Mass Effect Andromeda when it's finished but it's not ready for release yet.

That one is for Battlefield 4. There is another that is modified to work for Dragon Age Inquisition. This one will be for Mass Effect Andromeda when it's finished but it's not ready for release yet.

oh can't wait :D

Does anyone know if Bioware/EA have an "official" position on modding yet? I'm guessing it's gonna be a little more complicated (licensing wise) since they are using Frostbite. Do you think they will pull some dirt trick like they did with ME3 and hard code a check into the game files / .exe to prevent external files being used?

DICE, the developers of the Frostbite engine, are 100% owned by EA. So that's not an issue. (It's also the reason all of EA's new AAA titles are now being built on Frostbite, regardless of which studio develops the game.)

Back in the day, I happen to have queried BioWare senior producer Fernando Melo on this very topic regarding Dragon Age modding.

We posted the response here:

BioWare will allow relatively free use of its in-game resources (models and textures) from Dragon Age (all games) by modders who wish to create new content for use in the Dragon Age series.

BioWare requires three things:

1. Mod must be totally non-commercial. There can be no payment specifically for the creation, use, or distribution of any mod using BioWare’s assets.

2. Mod author must have a legitimate copy of the source game/DLC from which the assets were obtained.

3. Mod cannot recreate any DLC adventure itself. In other words, a modder can use a DLC asset in a new work, but can't simply remake the whole thing.

Now add the fact that both the ME and DA series have been extensively modded by the Community without any blowback from EA, and I don't see a problem. Not saying things might not have changed in the past six years. Just saying if they have, no one's told us! :thumbsup: