Will it compromise my gaming experience?

Skarnet

Greetings. I am writing this post to get your opinion on a matter.

Ive completed most of skyrim with various chars now and are starting to get a bit bored with it.

But i have thought about starting a roleplaying character, and by that i mean writing a story that i find interesting and dictates the gameplay of my char which i find interesting to play.

But to succed in this i want to use some console commands like giving my char advantages in sneak skills, like getting 15x dagger dmg at level 1. It's all gonna be a part of my chars background, but im thinking to myself if it would ruin my game?

I never feel like i get enough perk points when i level a char but i want to make this char a completely different char who doesnt obey any rules and is somewhat a vigilante assassin killing whoever he doesnt seem fit to live anymore. Imagine a mix of Batman and Dexter (from the series Dearly dreaming Dexter etc. - Yes the bloodspatter guy)

But again altering stuff with console often feels like cheating, but again i need the sneak skill asap to make my char realistic.

How would you feel about "cheating" in the console for the purpose of RP? Give me youre opinion :)

Thanks in Advance.

Greetings. I am writing this post to get your opinion on a matter.

Ive completed most of skyrim with various chars now and are starting to get a bit bored with it.

But i have thought about starting a roleplaying character, and by that i mean writing a story that i find interesting and dictates the gameplay of my char which i find interesting to play.

But to succed in this i want to use some console commands like giving my char advantages in sneak skills, like getting 15x dagger dmg at level 1. It's all gonna be a part of my chars background, but im thinking to myself if it would ruin my game?

I never feel like i get enough perk points when i level a char but i want to make this char a completely different char who doesnt obey any rules and is somewhat a vigilante assassin killing whoever he doesnt seem fit to live anymore. Imagine a mix of Batman and Dexter (from the series Dearly dreaming Dexter etc. - Yes the bloodspatter guy)

But again altering stuff with console often feels like cheating, but again i need the sneak skill asap to make my char realistic.

How would you feel about "cheating" in the console for the purpose of RP? Give me youre opinion :)

Thanks in Advance.

If you feel that using the console is cheating, I suggest that you wait until the Construction Kit is released and create a custom race with stats and skill that suit your vigilante assassin. It is much more appeasing for your conscience if you can pretend that something is an integral part of the game. :)

When is the contruction set said to be released then? And yes that is another way to do it i guess. Problem is i think i cant wait, and might have to overcome my ambivalence doing it in the console.. I just feel so "MERHHHH" about doing that :)

When is the contruction set said to be released then? And yes that is another way to do it i guess. Problem is i think i cant wait, and might have to overcome my ambivalence doing it in the console.. I just feel so "MERHHHH" about doing that :)

You are looking at this all wrong. This is a game. It only exists to entertain you. If you want to console some stats for a particular character, go for it. Once you start the game, if you are entertained by playing your character in your way, mission accomplished. If the entertainment is not there, just stop. Couldn't be simpler. On whether consoling your character is cheating, if the designers didn't want you to use the console, they wouldn't have included it. There is no right or wrong in your question. There are only differences, and pretty arbitrary ones at that. I have things I generally do or don't do the first few times through a game, but I have always known they were personal choices and not real standards. It's a fake world with fake people doing fake things. Calling it fantasy, instead is, in some ways more precise, but at their core, both views mean the same thing. Have fun.

Well recently with my character I started powerleveling. Using the exploits of charging conjuration in front of a monster that cant get to me and having followers who were mentors so I could take back my money, and after doing so it all seems a bit easy and a bit unfulfilling, what made the game so enjoyable was you always felt like you just needed a little more in every skill and that kept it engaging because you always felt so close to achieving the next bit you needed. So I'd say you can try it but it may ruin that part for you. I started a new character however and still love the game, so its easily fixable if it doesn't work out for you.

Since this is about RP, using console command should be fine as long as you can justify it with story.

For example, "my character is already a skilled assassin before coming to skyrim, so he should have XYZ perks already [add perks with console]"

I've done this before, myself. For example:

; pickpocket
player.addperk 0be124
player.addperk 58202
player.addperk 58204
player.addperk 0d79a0
player.addperk 58201
player.addperk 58205
player.addperk 96590
player.addperk 105f28

; sneak
player.addperk 0be126
player.addperk 58210
player.addperk 1036f0
player.addperk 58211
player.addperk 58213
player.addperk 5820c
player.addperk 105f23
player.addperk 105f24
player.addperk 58214

; speechcraft
player.addperk 0be128
player.addperk 58f75
player.addperk 58f7a
player.addperk 58f7b
player.addperk 58f79
player.addperk 1090a5
player.addperk 58f72
player.addperk 1090a2
player.addperk 105f29

It would ruin your experience if you had just started playing the game, but if you've been playing this game for a month, I doubt you'd be spoiling anything.