Arena, Destructible Buildings, and more.

BananaThug

Okay, I think one thing that we all miss from Oblivion is The Arena! There is plenty of space on the map for a good sized town built around an Arena. Same quest type deal, beat everyone and make it to the top!

Destructible Buildings, I think we're all guilty of shooting a straw house with a fire bolt and waiting expectantly for it to burst into flames ruining the lives of the inhabitance. I say put in a mod and let the mass chaos begin!

Gold, okay Gold is actually quite worthless. What do you buy? Nothing. What do you sell? Everything but the sword or two that you keep. Point is, there needs to be a need for money. One example that would work was a realestate mod that allows you to invest in stores or farms. Or perhaps something that minecraft did right was the making you eat food to survive, suddenly you have to be well fed to live and you would have to buy food or find it. I'm sure there are plenty more ideas but that's all i've come up with.

Atlantis, now that would be cool, no? A city of Argonian's UNDERWATER. (mostly anyway.) And to get there if you aren't an Argonian you have to use an special item.

This one I KNOW for a fact that it is CONSTANTLY talked about would be multiplayer, however, I think an awesome thing to do would be to make it similar to World of Warcraft, I've never played it, but the way I understand is you and your clan run around and do quests together, go through caves that sort of thing. Perhaps with an Arena mod you could fight as an team.

Last but not least, perhaps a mod that adds a negative reinforcement to leaving Skyrim. When you travel out to the edges of the world, it tells you that you cannot go this way, and to turn back. Maybe instead after it says that a couple times, an Octopus or shark of some kind should appear and kill you. Just like in Jak and Daxter?

Thanks for reading.

• 1 year later...

you gotta be kidding me, eh? first, theres a mod called "pitfighter", so the arena thing is covered. house burning down? extremely difficult, just for small amounts of fun. gold? sth for that has been done already, and its even here on the nexus, i dont remember the name though, but it kinda changes gameplay significantly. multiplayer? wait for tes-online. the shark thing? *facepalm*

Shark one was really stupid *facepalm*

But there are a few things that I could help with. First, there's a Realistic Needs And Diseases mod, which is highly configurable, so you feel the need of eating, drinking and sleeping with that.

Destructible Buildings is game-breaking..

There are several mods that cover arena issue. One of them being leveler's tower, also there's that pit fighter faction the earlier guy mentioned.

Multiplayer can never happen for Skyrim, even if it happened, it would be almost unplayable.

Atlantis would be pretty much the only thing that I am agreed with you. I would love a "Rapture" like city underwater.

Sigh... Here we go

Arena already exists:

Pit Fighters

Pit Fighter Travels Addon

Destructible Buildings: This would be game breaking and impossible, but there is this mod which is close enough:
Fire and Ice Overhaul

Gold: The list goes on for uses for gold. But here's your real estate mod:

RE - Real Estate

(I don't know why you want a real estate mod. According to you, gold is worthless, and a mod like this just makes you more gold...)

Survival Mod: There are plenty of these. This is one of the most popular:

Realistic Needs and Diseases

Atlantis: There are a few mods, (never tried them) but here we go:

MJY The Mysterious Island

Dwemer Aquarium

Multiplayer: Pretty much impossible, but there is this which is unplayable and buggy as hell, (It also looks pretty sketchy):

Skyrim Online

For the last one, you can't leave Skyrim unless you toggle collision off via console. Putting some giant octopus would be unnecessary and probably impossible since there is no enemy you could base it off of.

Sorry, but can you please do at least 5 minutes of research before you request things that have already been done?

Edited by MostlyMuggie

• 2 years later...

Arena: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/50892/?

Real Estate: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/72610/?

Multi-Player: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/67038/?

Borders: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/35815/?

Just to name a few of the beginning request, that have been out for quite some time.

If you begin a Google Search with "Skyrim" then a keyword or two of what you are

looking for, these things do appear. You may just have to root through a couple here

& there to locate what you are looking for. Granted, the Borders one has no wildlife

or anything other than trees, grass, & mountains when you leave the designated borders

but, you can't get everything, because it wasn't developed any further out than the designated

zones ... unless a Modder uses those areas. For two examples:

Rigmor of Bruma: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/53068/?

Develops wonderfully a pathway to Bruma for the Companion / Follower,

develops a few other locations one in the Northwest & one in the Southeast too.

I will not spoil anything further for those that haven't played it.

The Gray Cowl of Nocturnal: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/64651/?

Develops a whole Hammerfell designated Quest Line. And with other simple Mods

such as "Footprints - For the Gray Cowl of Nocturnal", you can add a little more

Immersion into your play-through.

Of course, there are other Mods as well that develop some of these areas "beyond the borders"

but I have not played them all & these two definitely stand out as "winners" in my book & quite

a few other people ... just look at their Endorsements.