Recommended Mods?

etawakimasi

I'm not new to Fallout. I played a modded Fallout 3 (no DLC) for a year after its release but I lost the disk at some point over the past couple of years. I just recently repurchased it over Steam because Skyrim is getting old and repetitive.

I know the basic must have downloads. FOMM. FOSE. BOSS. DarnUI. But I'm interested in what you creative modders have come up with and what works with what! (I'm taking a look at FWE, FOOK and MMM as of now!)

Thanks for any input!

EDIT: I've looked at several guides via Google and Nexus but all of them are outdated!

You will need to decide which you want, FOOK or FWE. The do not work well together. I recommend FWE simply because I tried FOOK for about a week and had to uninstall it. I caused so many problems that the game was unplayable. However, there are people that swear by it. I also use Clean Deluxe, Fallout Remastered, RRCompanions Vault, MERC2. I started this play through with my first companion, Brisa Alomodvar.

I have been taking my time because she adds a lot to the game. Another good one is DC Interiors. I suggest you go to the files area and check out the top 100. Some very good ones there. Hope this helps.

As the "Download with Manager" option seems to appear on most files for both tesnexus and fallout3nexus now, can I use that to install mods of my choosing with that, or should i check that the files they contain are sorted under a data folder, as thats how I think NMM works, I find NMM eaiser to use than FOMM.

Also to answer this OP, i found this link, although it doesnt contain many mods, is qute infomrative and an interesting read if you don't know much about FO3 modding.

Edited by Clock88

check that the files they contain are sorted under a data folder

This part. Not only that, but I'd recommend to check any and all folders that come with a mod. Especially considering the fact that overwhelming majority of Fo3 mods were released long before there was even talk of a nexus mod manager.

I'm sure some mod authors might have made the corrections necessary for installing their mod(s) with the NMM, but many more probably haven't.

On top of that: The NMM is still in a beta stage and is thus long from being ideal just yet. And many features FoMM does have still need to be implemented into the NMM

My recommendation: Use FoMM for Fo3 mods.

For companions, I would strongly recommend Jessi the Teenage Companion (and Kelsey),along with Brisa Almodovar (my personal favorite).There are other mods tha t convert NPC's to companions like Lucy West,Sydney and even Bittercup (though her constant complaining will drive you nuts after a few minutes).

For a player home, the Mini Hidout is a good one to start with,but the best overall is the Daniels Family Vault (a place that actually feels like a home,plus not overloaded with an obscene amount of weapons/gear etc...but does have a nicely stocked bar).