Are there any awesome mods on SE but not Oldrim?

Wunderbot

I haven't been paying attention to the two Skyrim nexuses for some time and want to play Skyrim again. I don't care a whole lot about the tiny visual improvements of the SE though and I only got it because I had all DLC, so it was free. Question is, are there any really good mods on the SE here that the author didn't also release for the original Skyrim? Ie, is Skyrim SE worth missing out on the mods that haven't been ported yet? Thanks in advance!

I can't really think of any mods that are exclusive for the Special Edition, but to be fair, I could have missed something. I'll assume that for now that the original Skyrim is the the definitive version for mods, however, I do think that will change moving forward.

I personally converted 3 mods from Oldrim to Newrim

1) MBWS followers

2) Katria from the lost to the ages quest follower ( 3 versions, Nord, Ghost, Redguard )

3) Dragonstrike bow

http://www.nexusmods.com/games/users/7689759/?

Interesting NPC's is also avaialble and DOES work if you go to the authors personal website

Viconia follower mod also works but I have yet to get Sultericdrums to give me permission to upload her, this is the ORIGINAL VIconia mod with ALL voice dialogue and quests, not that other one

Edited by gromulos

OBIS SE - Organized Bandits In Skyrim Special Edition was updated quite a bit for SSE - I worked on conversion and my biased opinion is that it is much better than OldRim version.

SSE , from a modder's position , is whole new game. The 64 bit engine was needed in 2011, but we got what they gave us to work with. I'm not only talking about graphics - the scripting just runs smoother, Mods like Sands of Time needed that to really perform the way it was meant to.

Also, SKSE64 is getting closer and closer, which means more and more mods will soon be ported over to SSE.

My opinion is start setting up SSE now and start building your mod list to be ready for SKSE64 mods to come.

I can't really think of any mods that are exclusive for the Special Edition, but to be fair, I could have missed something. I'll assume that for now that the original Skyrim is the the definitive version for mods, however, I do think that will change moving forward.

It's easy to miss obscure unique ones when you only browse hot files.

While they are other mod sites, I'm wishing Nexus wasn't the "be all" and "go to" mod site. Lots of mod authors and their mods suffer greatly because of that..

Edited by Lisselli

It's easy to miss obscure unique ones when you only browse hot files.

While they are other mod sites, I'm wishing Nexus wasn't the "be all" and "go to" mod site. Lots of mod authors and their mods suffer greatly because of that..

What makes you think I only browse the Hot Files? Also, I fail to see how the Nexus being the primary modding source for Skyrim hurts Mod Authors. It offers the best platform for mod sharing in my opinion, so it makes sense to use this site over others. With that said, I have grabbed mods from various sources, mainly from sites that don't actually have anything to do with mods (like tumblr for instance) - so I know plenty about "obscure" mods.

Edited by DaddyDirection

Question is, are there any really good mods on the SE here that the author didn't also release for the original Skyrim? Ie, is Skyrim SE worth missing out on the mods that haven't been ported yet? Thanks in advance!

I do know of some mod authors who are working exclusively in SSE and making new mods that will never be available in Oldrim, and also of authors who have frozen the Oldim versions of their mods but are continuing to develop them further in SSE. The SSE CK is so much nicer to work with (mainly because it doesn't keep crashing) that, given the choice, authors will prefer to work with it (I know I do) and then there's no going back.

Dreogan used to have his Skyforge Weapons and Shields uploaded on the Oldrim Nexus but removed them once the payed mods became a thing. Once that collapsed, he never re-uploaded them again but did it for SE for some reason. His work is always superb and it was nice of him to upload them for SE.

Although those mods aren't available for Oldrim, they're not difficult to find if you look.

• 2 weeks later...

I think all but 3 of my mods are for SE only right now. I also made some ports, but I want to show the love for SE now. Just really hoping SKSE 64 comes along soon. I know it has been delayed. But once that is here, you will start seeing more exclusive mods!