This is the "End of January" right?

natula123

Obviously Matt85 you're entitled to opinions and so is everyone else. Personally i hate Steam could be just because its named Steam and that's reason enough because nobody has to give you a valid reason for anything you're also not entitled.

That has got to be one of the dumbest things I've read on the internet. There are GOOD reasons for things and BAD reasons. Not liking a distribution platform called "Steam" because it's called "Steam" is a f***ing bad reason for not liking it.

Not all opinions are created equal. Sure people feel entitled to them and I say let stupid people keep their stupid opinions.

I said it could be the reason the actual reason is its intrusive and some extra crap i didn't want on my computer to begin with. I gave you my reason because i felt like it not because you're entitled to it but there you have it either way.

This all I have to say about the CK:

The CK isn't a program that you can just download to your computer. It's more of a... state of mind. A way of living your life that emphasizes peace, enlightenment, and love for your fellow man. The CK is a metaphor for a moral existence; we should stop waiting for someone to just hand it to us, and start creating our own CK here on Earth.

If that ain't good enough for you then go learn C++ and Hex and then come back and post up tutorials so the rest of us can mod.

what you moaners need to realize right of the bat is that they are under no obligation to even release mod tools , & there is no profit in it for them by doing so either.

they are giving us the tools out of sheer generosity & unselfishness and respect to the fans who want to continue enjoying the skyrim experience. so stop hating.

Do you think they would be mod tools if this was Antivision or bioware or nearly any other dev NO!!!! Because they dont want any competition to there DLC that they want to nickel and dime you to death with.

as much as im waiting for therm myself i dont care if it takes yet another month as i just happy to know there are still game company's out there that respect there communities & realize we dont all play on consoles.

Sigh.

Gstaff said "We anticipate the 1.4 update going live next week [i.e. this week] for all on the PC and being sent to the console manufacturers. The Creation Kit won’t be far behind."

So it'll be early February. Big deal. It's not the first time in the history of gaming that a deadline slipped by a week or two.

Everyone be cool.

The customers of Skyrim are actually entitled to the construction kit, 100%. The reason for this is they promised from the outset that it would be provided. They are also entitled to receive it around the time promised. Bethesda would wholeheartedly agree with this, as they obviously know the basics of operating a business.

The service provider is subordinate to the customer, not the other way around (especially in this day and age of pirating and used game vendors). The customer has what they want/need, money.

And claiming that "the majority of people who buy the game don't care about mods" is irrelevant, 600k - 1 million+ in sales is still a significant amount, irrelevant of overall sales.

Edited by Levgre

To the entitlement crowd:

NO OTHER WARRANTIES, CONDITIONS OR DUTIES.

TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, BETHESDA SOFTWORKS AND ITS LICENSORS AND SUPPLIERS

DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, CONDITIONS AND DUTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY

OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR

PURPOSE, TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, OR NON-MISAPPROPRIATION OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS OF A THIRD PARTY.

Exclusion of Consequential, Incidental and Certain Other Damages

To the full extent allowed by law, neither Bethesda Softworks and nor its licensors and suppliers are liable for any: (a)

consequential or incidental damages, (b) damages for loss of any nature relating to lost profits, loss of data, privacy or

confidentiality, or failure to achieve desired results or to meet any duty, including but not limited to any duty of lack of

negligence or of workmanlike effort, or © indirect, special or punitive damages; arising out of or relating in any way

to any breach of this Limited Warranty. The foregoing applies even if Bethesda Softworks or its licensors and suppliers

have been advised of the possibility of such losses or damages. Some jurisdictions do not allow limitations as to how

long an implied warranty lasts and/or exclusions or limitations of consequential or incidental damages so the above

limitations and/or exclusions of liability may not apply to you. This Limited Warranty gives you specific rights, and you

may also have other rights that vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction.

tl/dr: read the manual, and enough with the wishful consumer thinking. You're entitled to nothing. A court of law is >> thataway, so good luck with your bleating about promises.

Hint: their lawyers are bigger than yours.

And again... sigh. Come March, all this will be forgotten.

^

Did you really believe anyone actually thought of this as a legal entitlement issue? Or that such legal technicalities are of any real relevance in the realm of customer satisfaction and sales? You couldn't make a more irrelevant post if you tried.

Restaurant customers aren't legally entitled to a fresh and hot meal when they eat there, yet anyone who has basic business sense realizes that businesses who feel they are entitled to have their customers most often suffer/fail.

They know that meeting customer expectations (what customers feel entitled to, either because it was promised, or what they expect due to past experiences with that company/competitors alike) is paramount.

Edited by Levgre